Math Class /dumb percentage

Status
Not open for further replies.

splithand

Recruit
:confused:when i read in signals i somtimes am stumped when their posted as such
example:
sell on gpb/usd if the number will be - 1.7% or lower
buy on gpb/usd if the number will be 2.1% or higher
could sombody explain how percentages convert
or where it shows the conversion in charts reading

Yo Split,

Not sure if this will help but...:confused:

The percentage represents daily economic news for a specific country.

For example: On the USDGBP pair today, the UK released the Core CPI (consumer price index) data. This data is released as a percentage on most economic calenders.

The Core CPI was forecasted to be 1.8%. The percentage, in this case, is the annualized rate for the CPI instrument.

The UK aims to keep this rate at 2% y/y. Since the forecast for today's release was 1.8% and the actual release came out at 1.5%, this could be a signal that the CPI has weakened and could trigger selling of the GU.

Its up to you to look at your chart and decide to sell or buy depending on your analysis of the economic news data that is released.

Maybe this helps?

Later.

Just run a google search for "forex calendars" and you will find a bunch of them. I use the one at Forexfactory, but there are many others out there. Check out a few and I'm sure you'll find one that you like.

:confused:when i read in signals i somtimes am stumped when their posted as such
example:
sell on gpb/usd if the number will be - 1.7% or lower
buy on gpb/usd if the number will be 2.1% or higher
could sombody explain how percentages convert
or where it shows the conversion in charts reading

You can't find the conversion at the chart split. Just use the calendar in this site. and its deliver the actual percentage number quiet fast also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back