• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss MaxCFD.com

General discussions of a financial company
Hi, I am a scam victim of maxcfd, can someone help me to get back my fund or give me some instruction what should I do?
First of all, open a new thread in scam folder along with the details of your problem with them and don't forget to mention there how and when you deposit the money.

William,
DO NOT sign anything they send you. DO NOT activate the account (even if they tell you this is the only way to withdraw your money). They are lying!!!!
The ONLY thing you can do is call your bank IMMEDIATELY and demand they initiate a CHARGE BACK.
Photograph your account with proof of transfer of the funds to them and send it to your bank along with the bank statement showing the funds came off your card.
Tell your bank to block them if the try to take more money off your card.
They are a bunch of criminals
Chris Rose, Ben Klein the lot of them ... they are all the same. Don't believe a word they say. DO NOT whatever you do do a single trade with them or allow them to trade for you. Send them an e-mail that reads " I am writing to request the immediate cancellation of all activity that occurred in my account, the cancellation of all further services,. and a full and immediate refund of all funds you have received from me to date"
Do not even speak to them or entertain any further phone calls from them as they will only try to intimidate you and threaten you.
You are not alone, you are one of hundreds of victims with exactly the same story.
Good luck,
Marilyn
PS - It was Vince on this forum who told me I had to initiate a charge back and he was absolutely right!

Hi Marilyn, thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately I have already signed managed account agreement and also activated the account. Does charge back works after doing this? Thanks.

Yes William, absolutely you can still get your money back.
Call your bank now and ask them to initiate a Charge Back. If, for whatever reason, they won't do it (they should be able to) then contact mychargeback.com
They are a 100% legitimate company that specialize only in getting your money back from these crooks!!! They will tell you step by step exactly what you have to do.
They charge an upfront fee and then around 20% commission on what you get back. (you get the upfront fee back when you get your money back). They have won cases for thousands of customers. They have to prepare a lot of paper work as the document they prepare goes to Visa or Master Card and has to be 100% bullet proof to win your case (hence the commission). If you get nothing back then you don't have to pay them the 20% so regardless it is worth using them.

If anyone else is reading this and is in the same position I suggest you do the same. The more cases Visa and Master Card have against MAXcfd the sooner they will stop them using their services which by default makes them a "dodgy" company and will send them out of business.

Hope this helps!

Marilyn

I am in a very weird position here. First my story starts the same way the current trends have shown with this company. I have been dealing with a Chris Rose within the company. He is my supposed broker and as this was my first time trading and I was not expecting this situation.

So far I have tried to ask kindly for my money back which was a 5250 euros in total , then without my written consent he concluded that it was to add another 5000 euro onto the account to accumulate quickly the funds needed for his, I supposed target.

Chris Rose did state that if it was a corrupt company he would be able to use my card details which he has access too?! and remove funds but so far he hasn't. I freaked and went to the bank to cancel my card from my bank account.

I just want to know what can i do to get out of this as I have asked and was told by Chris Rose that I was not to listen to the bad reviews.... So what about all the good reviews? .... I have yet to see any. I am getting concerned here as I have seen info on people telling me now not to send my information and sign NOTHING. How do i get my money back..

As i tried to get my money back he stated that he has recorded call confirming that I agreed to the bonus. I also did not receive any information by email confirming the steps that where to take place. Just a call requesting money transfers as soon as money was transferred the call ended abruptly as he said he had meeting to attend.

Another call this morning stating why I have not sent in my information to activate my account as soon as he said that it was concluded that a training session was made for 11 am tomorrow morning and I will be fairly sure that the first question will be did I activate my account.

I really am at a loss here as I have tried to contact Max Cfd and the only person I could get is a service representative regarding their online software. She was at a loss as I stated to her how would she like it if a family member was in my situation and does she think its fair... She said with a sympathetic tone I am sorry there is nothing I can do... Imagine!!!! NO financial representative from within the Max Cfd company that deals with clients from all over the world.

Chris Rose stays on phone just long enough to tell me what to put my money on and then some excuse to hang up then nothing. There is no real explanation on what he is doing..

Just so I can be as unbiased as possible does anyone have a good thing to say about this company.
I'm sorry but its the same story for everyone that deals with Maxcd so the answer is NO....nothing good about this comapny.

MaxCfd is owned and operated by Chemmi Holdings Limited registered at London address 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
This address can be "bought" for £49.99 +VAT See
It is noteworthy that in March 2016, the High Court ordered 2 bogus companies registered at this address into liquidation. See

Hi Marilyn, thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately I have already signed managed account agreement and also activated the account. Does charge back works after doing this? Thanks.
Yes charge back stil works as they dont allow you to withdraw any money and all they are scammers.
Also please report them to Action fraud police in the UK. Yo can do this online. The more people that do this then the quicker they will take action and hopefully shut them down.

I came across MaxCFD at one of the Stock Trading Forum on 2nd Oct 2017 and wanted to invest in Bitcoin so I enquire and was ask to registered and make a deposit with several option. I chose to deposit with Bitcoin and an amount equivalent of 250 EUR were deducted. Prior to the Bitcoin payment being accepted an agent called and convince me to deposit an additional amount of 250 EUR using my Visa card, making a total deposit of 500 EUR. About two hours later someone from MAXcfd indentify himself as the Manager trading for my account which at that time it is not convenient for me to talk. So after another three hours " the Manager" call back and wanted me to credit an amount of 10000 EUR. I hesitated at first but was convince to deposit half of that amount. I was convince, and proceed to make a deposit of 5000 EUR and without checking on the amount, the automatic minimum figure of 250 EUR instead was deposited making a total deposit for the day of 750 EUR instead of 5500 EUR. Ever since, I have not hear from MAXcfd, I call their office in London and was only make to wait and listening to the chime without speaking to anyone at all. No use communicating with them as they never answer my mail.

I gave up, and this evening "the Manager" call and said that he had traded my account and made some money and my account now had 800+ Pound. Ever since I have deposited 750 EUR and checking on my balance daily there was no changes. When I receive the call this evening and trying to convince me of the profit he had made for me in the trading which I never authorized. By doing so, he wanted me to make another deposit of 10000 EUR so that I can earn more money. I told him I needed to check my balance first before I commit. He seem annoy and angry saying that I did not trust him. I told him that nobody seem to be answering to my query until he call me this evening and for 10 days I have been kept in the dark, and now he wanted more money to be deposited. True enough of my judgement they are Scammer and my account cannot be open now with the excuse that wrong user name or password. Now everything is gone, I don't even have the chance to withdraw my deposit.

My wish is that more people will read your forum and not be Scam by these people.

And be careful, "the Manager" from MAXcfd even ask for my VISA card number and the 3 digit password at the back of the card. He even ask me for the 6 digit number that the VISA card send to my mobile for the authorization. See how desperate these Scammer are. So be very Careful they are really desperate. Poor guys

Redfire - for this amount of money you really need to force you bank to initiate a CHARGE BACK.
I have a very similar story and I handed over $20,000 to buy bitcoin.
Needless to say I am now almost 5 months down the line and still fighting to get my money back.
They never bought the Bitcoin in my case.
In fact my investigations of the company would imply that they are not even a "live" trading platform so any so called trades
they do for you are fake. They are basically running some kind of "video game". They don't actually ever buy and sell anything.
BUT - if I manage to prove to VISA that this is the case, basically they have taken your money and they cannot provide the service
they have said they are going to provide.
It is like buying faulty goods. Then hopefully visa will force them to send my money back.
It has taken me many months to get as far as getting my case "judged" by VISA which is likely to happen within the next few weeks.
For now MaxCFD is not legally able to touch my money.
Take screen shots of your balance (as they will make it disappear). I can't even log into my account with them, but I don't care as it is irrelevant now. Keep a record of every single e-mail and phone conversation you have had with them.
Demand in writing that "they close your account and demand the immediate cancellation of all activity that has occurred in your account, the cancellation of all their services and a full and immediate refund of your funds"
Send this to both the so called "manager" and their client services department.
I have used a charge back company who prepared my case for both my bank and for VISA. They are professional and spend many hours looking into MaxCFD and trying to show that they really are a SCAM. I used MYCHARGEBACK.COM but there are several others out there you can pick from. You will have to pay them approx 20% of what they get back for you plus an upfront fee. If they don't get the money back then you don't pay them the 20%. In my opinion this is money well spent.
The more people demand Chargebacks from MaxCFD the sooner VISA will stop dealing with them thereby effectively putting them out of business. They can't exist without credit card facilities.
You need to do this quickly though as I think you have 120 days from when you did the transactions to initiating a Charge Back. After that the process becomes more difficult. Good luck.

My story is the same as others on here as I too followed an advertisement for Bitcoin and subsequently ended up parting with US $2000. Once I realized that this organization was not what I had intended, I applied to get my funds returned. I filled in the application on the 18th of September last year and to this day I have continually sent e mail requesting the money be returned. I have gone through a range of emotions with them from being quite professional in my approach from the onset, then deteriorating to the point where I have ranted at them over the phone and at times just blatantly referred to them as thieves. During this last six month period I have actually been contacted by telephone a number of times and on each occasion I have been told that the monies would be refunded in full, well apart from the inactivity fee of $50 they processed with is just theft really as they are the ones that have been inactive. I think that is the most annoying part, I get told the money will be returned, both verbally and via e mail and yet nothing ever happens. The unfortunate part about it all is that I genuinely keep thinking that they will return the money, eventually. I have attached my latest e mail which as you will see reeks of cynicism. Regards to all. Wayne maxcfd :2102137
Letter to maxcfd.JPG

Last edited:
Back