Mayzus aka MoneyPolo Breach of your identity

merlin4x

Banned for uncivilized conduct
Folks, apparently Mayzus has several subsidiaries like MoneyPolo Company | Mayzus Financial Services represented by Svetlana Popkova, MoneyPolo Customer Support Team Verification (verification@moneypolo.com)

I have tried to open an account at MoneyPolo so I have submit all required documents like my Passport ID, my address and my bank account info.

However Svetlana Popkova rejected my application by stating that my Bank Agreement is older than three month. I have tried to explained to her that the bank agreement is not same as the bank statement and that the agreement does not expire. It was beyond Svetlana Popkova's IQ.

So I have offered to send bank statement but she said that she will not accept my e-bank account statement, normally downloadable, since my account is e-banking. But Svetlana Popkova demanded a stamped verification from the bank. I have submitted to her an email from my broker explaning to me that they do not provide any stamped statements but he offered an account verification for about $20. So I ask Svetlana Popkova if she want to pay for it. She did not responded so I have requested that she close my account and send me verified certificate that she destroyed all my submitted documents for my security reasons.

She did not replied which make me believe that MoneyPolo may be selling such information on the black market for the criminal use.

I have gave Svetlana Popkova until today April 15, 2014 to provide a certificate of the destruction of my documents.

I will inform you if she did otherwise you all may consider MoneyPolo to be untrustworthy entity and I would not open any account there.

Moved to: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...eypolo-maybe-identity-thieves.html#post162028

Last edited:
Folks, apparently Mayzus has several subsidiaries like MoneyPolo Company | Mayzus Financial Services represented by Svetlana Popkova, MoneyPolo Customer Support Team Verification (verification@moneypolo.com)

I have tried to open an account at MoneyPolo so I have submit all required documents like my Passport ID, my address and my bank account info.

However Svetlana Popkova rejected my application by stating that my Bank Agreement is older than three month. I have tried to explained to her that the bank agreement is not same as the bank statement and that the agreement does not expire. It was beyond Svetlana Popkova's IQ.

So I have offered to send bank statement but she said that she will not accept my e-bank account statement, normally downloadable, since my account is e-banking. But Svetlana Popkova demanded a stamped verification from the bank. I have submitted to her an email from my broker explaning to me that they do not provide any stamped statements but he offered an account verification for about $20. So I ask Svetlana Popkova if she want to pay for it. She did not responded so I have requested that she close my account and send me verified certificate that she destroyed all my submitted documents for my security reasons.

She did not replied which make me believe that MoneyPolo may be selling such information on the black market for the criminal use.

I have gave Svetlana Popkova until today April 15, 2014 to provide a certificate of the destruction of my documents.

I will inform you if she did otherwise you all may consider MoneyPolo to be untrustworthy entity and I would not open any account there.

Moved to: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...eypolo-maybe-identity-thieves.html#post162028

Dear merlin4x,

In regards to your comments about our verification procedure, we agree that it might look a bit too strict, though this process allows us to provide our customers with our Financial services, such as payments or prepaid cards, and be sure that we are compliant to the EU regulations.

Unfortunately for us and many users of the financial system due to different and sometimes very legit reasons AML regulations around the world are getting tougher each year in terms of account opening and verification and providing further services. Along with AML regulations, the Data protection legislation is being constantly updated.

We made absolutely sure in our day to day operations that the personal information is:

-- used fairly and lawfully
-- used for limited, specifically stated purposes
-- used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive
-- accurate
-- kept for no longer than is absolutely necessary
-- handled according to people’s data protection rights
-- kept safe and secure
-- not transferred outside the UK without adequate protection

As a licensed financial institution we are to comply with EU Payment service directive, EU AML directive, EU Data protection act. According to the above mentioned legislation we have established an audited procedure according to which the personal data is kept and used. We understand and share your concern about your personal data, and would like to assure you that there are no chances it could have been misused.

We understand and share the frustration of those of our customers who are unable at the moment to meet our and our partner-bank requirements for the identity verification, the rules are rules they are shaped to fit the reality of the non face to face environment and can't be tweaked for each individual case, the door however is not closed forever as it might seem, the needed documents can be obtained during some time with some effort. We would be glad to have you among our customers later.

Please also note that we do not tolerate any aggression or abuse directed towards our staff. Please conduct a discussion in a polite manner.

Best regards,
Mayzus_rep

The MAYZUS_rep is is incorrect

Dear merlin4x,

In regards to your comments about our verification procedure, we agree that it might look a bit too strict, though this process allows us to provide our customers with our Financial services, such as payments or prepaid cards, and be sure that we are compliant to the EU regulations.

Unfortunately for us and many users of the financial system due to different and sometimes very legit reasons AML regulations around the world are getting tougher each year in terms of account opening and verification and providing further services. Along with AML regulations, the Data protection legislation is being constantly updated.

We made absolutely sure in our day to day operations that the personal information is:

-- used fairly and lawfully
-- used for limited, specifically stated purposes
-- used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive
-- accurate
-- kept for no longer than is absolutely necessary
-- handled according to people’s data protection rights
-- kept safe and secure
-- not transferred outside the UK without adequate protection

As a licensed financial institution we are to comply with EU Payment service directive, EU AML directive, EU Data protection act. According to the above mentioned legislation we have established an audited procedure according to which the personal data is kept and used. We understand and share your concern about your personal data, and would like to assure you that there are no chances it could have been misused.

We understand and share the frustration of those of our customers who are unable at the moment to meet our and our partner-bank requirements for the identity verification, the rules are rules they are shaped to fit the reality of the non face to face environment and can't be tweaked for each individual case, the door however is not closed forever as it might seem, the needed documents can be obtained during some time with some effort. We would be glad to have you among our customers later.

Please also note that we do not tolerate any aggression or abuse directed towards our staff. Please conduct a discussion in a polite manner.

Best regards,
Mayzus_rep

Thank you for your reply in which you are attempting to spin the facts by quoting some politically correct banking crapola.

The only reason I have submitted to Mayzus, in good faith, a copy of my banking contract rather than statement is to provide you with higher vale document since you do not accept downloaded bank statement. Any intelligent person and credible organization would appreciated that and would realized that the contracts do not expire after your 3 month prescribed period.

But that is no longer an issue.

Since I have realized that you are not qualified financial organization which would be able to handle my high value trading gains and are unwilling to respect a client and unwilling to develop fruitful long term relationship, I have requested Mayzus to terminate my account which you have done. (thanks)

However, I as an individual must protect my private information and documents, which I have provided to you during my application process, so they will not be used in some identity theft scam.

Therefore, I have demanded that you provide me with a verified certificate of my document destruction which you have failed to do.

So until you will fully comply with my demand I must believe that Mayzus is holding my documents to be used in some criminal act.

I am publishing this so your potential clients be aware that you may not be credible financial entity to satisfy their needs.

Mayzus must comply with my demand. [Emphases added]

As to your comment: "Please also note that we do not tolerate any aggression or abuse directed towards our staff. Please conduct a discussion in a polite manner." It was your staff which was aggressive and abusive to me. As an evidence is your refusal to comply with my demand which is gravely terrorizing to me.

Last edited:
I can see Mayzus aka UWC aka MoneyPolo to go bankrupt soon.

Any reasonable person who made any investment in these scamers should get their money back -- fast.

Dear merlin4x,

It is an intention of all companies registered under the Mayzus brand to develop a fruitful long-term relationship with all clients and partners within the legal regulation boundaries.

Being a regulated full-fledged provider of financial services registered in the United Kingdom (reg. # 12492642) and operating since 2008, Mayzus FS fully complies with the country’s Anti-Money Laundering Act, has the license of Financial Conduct Authority of Great Britain (license # 566505), is registered by HMRC, and is a member of the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT). Mayzus Financial Services is also a registered data controller by the ICO, registration number: Z2309500.

According to the requirements of the organizations mentioned above, we keep and process all personal data in compliance with the Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995, the Data Protection Act 1998 UK Parliament act, and the European standard for the Information Destruction industry EN15713:2009.

Please check our regulator’s (The Information Commissioner’s office (ICO)) website and the Guide to data protection (namely, the Principle 5 – Retaining personal data).

ICO provides clarification for the cases similar to yours:
Example. A bank holds personal data about its customers. This includes details of each customer’s address, date of birth and mother’s maiden name. The bank uses this information as part of its security procedures. It is appropriate for the bank to retain this data for as long as the customer has an account with the bank. Even after the account has been closed, the bank may need to continue holding some of this information for legal or operational reasons.
Clarification. There are various legal requirements and professional guidelines about keeping certain kinds of records – such as information needed for income tax and audit. If an organisation keeps personal data to comply with a requirement like this, it will not be considered to have kept the information for longer than necessary.

In other words, a financial institution is not able to handle its records following only a customer's orders, but must retain certain information in order to follow the requirements of the regulating authorities.

Please note that we guarantee that we will not use your information other than described in the company’s Privacy Policy that you have accepted while opening an account with us.

The certificate you refer to in your message is usually provided when a third party is contracted in order to destroy the obtained information. It is a common practice in industries such as CCTV. Our company does not trust any third parties with these operations and performs the process internally.

Let us assure you once again that information you have submitted during the account registration will not be used in any manner other than described in our Privacy Policy, which adheres to the UK and European regulating authorities’ requirements. Please feel free to contact our Compliance Department at compliance [at] moneypolo [dot] com, in case you require any further assistance or information.

If you are subscribing here "minchibaba" then you must be some sort of trader who understands up and down of a business.
Mayzus aka UWC aka MoneyPolo is a classical case where a business has many subsidiaries to be hart to prosecute in a court of law.
Such companies have very low span of an existence.

Take UWC life span before it becomes Mayzus and the investors may have lost money.

I am personally closing my trading account with them as I am closing MoneyPolo account.

Se reasons in the following comments.

THe only thing I want is to protect my privacy

Dear Mr. Sxxxxxx

Below you have stated: Regarding your profile, we are obliged to keep records in a non production environment with a restricted access for five years, after which the information is deleted.

Please provide me with any points of authority (a law) other than your corporate rules, in support of your claim.

For your information, since you have Czech phone number I do assume that you understand and can read Czech laws which provides that a permanent residency address can be different than actual living or mailing address. So all your corporate rules maybe unlawful under the CR laws.

Trvalý pobyt má ale pouze evidenční charakter kvůli potřebám státu a nemusí být proto totožný s reálným bydlištěm. Právní úprava místa trvalého pobytu je obsažena v § 10–12 zákona č. 133/2000 Sb., o evidenci obyvatel. cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%ADsto_trval%C3%A9ho_pobytu

-Stanislav

---------- Původní zpráva ----------
Od: Igor Sergeev <igor.sxxxxxx@moneypolo.com>
Komu: xxxxxxxx@seznam.cz
Datum: 23. 4. 2014 6:52:15
Předmět: an explanation of the data process and account opening

Dear Mr Stanislav,
I am a head of compliance department at Mayzus Financial Services Ltd. I am deeply concerned with the fact that you as customer were not satisfied with our service.

Let me explain that our verification requirements are set up and agreed with our partner bank and we are obliged to strictly follow their instructions.

We are not able to change the list of documents accepted as a proof of address.

Regarding your profile, we are obliged to keep records in a non production environment with a restricted access for five years, after which the information is deleted.

You have right to check what information we are keeping, and i would be happy to provide you with the information upon your request.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused unintentionally by our actions which are determined by the contract obligations and legal requirements.

Sincerely Yours,

Igor Sxxxxxx
MAYZUS Investment Company Ltd.

Compliance officer

Dear Mr. Sxxxxxx,

Please be advised that I am not and have never been your "customer" as stated in the regulation you are pointing to!

Quoting: These include carrying out 'customer due diligence' measures to check that your customers are who they say they are.

I am simply an applicant whose application was rejected and no money transaction of any kind took a place.

Therefore, I demand certified destruction of all submitted application documents.

Show me that your points of authority apply to an unsuccessful applicant.

-Stanislav

Komu: xxxxxx2446@seznam.cz
Datum: 23. 4. 2014 11:18:31
Předmět: Re: Re: an explanation of the data process and account opening

Dear Mr Stanislav,

Please check this link HM Revenue & Customs: Your day-to-day responsibilities under Money Laundering Regulations.

Here is the rule we are following for:
Record keeping requirements

It's very important that you keep a record of all customer due diligence measures that you carry out, including customer identification documents that you've obtained. By keeping comprehensive records you'll be able to show that your business has complied with the Money Laundering Regulations. This is crucial to protect your business if there's an investigation into one of your customers.

The types of record you keep may include:

daily records of transactions
receipts
cheques
paying-in books
customer correspondence

You can keep your records in any of the following formats:

originals
photocopies
microfiche
scanned
computerised or electronic

You must keep your records for five years beginning on either:

the date a business relationship ends
the date a transaction is completed

Indeed we understand the difference between those types of addresses, the thing is that bank wants us to get a document from the bank: stamped, 3 months old, name of the customer, address of the customer, the address should be the same with the one shown in profile. Either they want us to get any type of utility bill. There is no room for manoeuvre here for us.

Sincerely Yours,

Igor Sxxxxxx

Compliance officer

Dear Mr. Sxxxxxx,

Obviously you do not understand English!

I am not your customer and never was otherwise I would have a functional customer account!

Because you are refusing to protect my identity as I have specified I must assume that you are using it for criminal purposes in Russia.

So I have a right to publish my experience with MoneyPolo to warn other unsuspected individuals to do business with you.

-Stanislav

Komu: xxxxxxxxxxx@seznam.cz
Datum: 23. 4. 2014 12:27:40
Předmět: Re: Re: Re: an explanation of the data process and account opening

Dear Mr Fiala,

it's very important that you keep a record of all customer due diligence measures that you carry out, including customer identification documents that you've obtained.

We are to keep all the records for 5 years, even for applicants, our customer relationship have started since the moment you have ticked the box "agree" in the eyes of the law, and even if they didn't last long about which i deeply regret, they existed and AML/KYC procedures were performed, about which records have to be kept.

Sincerely Yours,

Igor Sxxxxxx

Compliance officer

Back