• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss MB Trading

General discussions of a financial company
' P man ' .....

:err: Ummmm,... forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't an inverted spread mean that a new order opens a few pips in profit instead of a few pips in loss? If so, wouldn't a wider inverted spread be a wonderful thing? :confused:

If so, we just need a way to open an order and close it as quickly as possible. Price wouldn't even have to move and we'd collect the inverted spread.

There has got to be something wrong with this scenario. :eek:oh:

.... PLEASE, just send me ALL your trading $. I will spend 50% of it and invest the other 50% in a Ukraine bank and get ya 10 % interest! We will both be HAPPY...

Why? 'cuz if ya think you can OPEN a position in an INVERTED market you have NO BIZZNESS trying to trade!!! SORRY!!

OZ in Kyiv! :p

.... PLEASE, just send me ALL your trading $. I will spend 50% of it and invest the other 50% in a Ukraine bank and get ya 10 % interest! We will both be HAPPY...

Why? 'cuz if ya think you can OPEN a position in an INVERTED market you have NO BIZZNESS trying to trade!!! SORRY!!

OZ in Kyiv! :p

I never said if it would be possible - I was just taking the numbers from your posting and extrapolating the hypothetical consequences. That's why I said that there has to be something wrong with the scenario. Perhaps someone who does trade the news on MB can comment on how it really works trying to trade during these apparent inversions.

I would consider taking you up on your very generous investment offer, but I've invested all of my other funds in some prime swampland in Florida. Now if you would like to get in on a good real estate investment, send me all of your money and I'll buy some swampland for you. Do hurry - we have to close the deal before global warming causes the oceans to rise and flood the whole state. No, wait! That would be even better! Then it will be much more valuable oceanfront property. :p

Pharaoh (in a swamp)

Last edited:
I can't open MBTrading website now... does anybody know what's wrong with it? I can't address the question to MBTrading at the moment as their website is down...

Cant see any figure in my real account but ok on my demo account. Can't sleep tonight...

I trade with Tim in the Diamonds room and also use the SNW. My main broker is MB Trading but trying to get into the spike is difficult with MB because their trading platform doesn't allow for slippage. You have to keep adjusting your values right up until the news gets announced and so many times MB just doesn't get you into a good spike trade. One of our members mentioned a program called FX Order entry a while ago so I tried it. This tool was designed for MB and SNW spike trading! If you use MB and the SNW you need to try this tool out. You will definitely get into far more trades with this tool. I love this thing. Their website is FX Order Entry

MB Trading & Fx Order Entry

East Fx,

After visiting the Fx Order Entry website it looks like you can enter a max. deviation to be filled, a lot like Oanda's setup. My question is how does it help with SNW with the widening and inverted spreads you often get with MBT right before big news ? do you not still have to constantly change the numbers up to release time? I may be missing something. The reason I ask is I have tried the SNW with MBT myself and had little success b/c of the reasons you mentioned in your post. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

Inverted spreads can definitely be a problem, but that only happens occasionally. Even before using this fx order entry program, if I see weird price action or inverted spreads, I always panic stop the weapon. It's hard enough trading the news these days so if price is not behaving normally heading into the release, I don't use the weapon.

The deviation number seems to work like setting a limit order. For example, if the trade plan says get into the trade within 10 pips or 20 pips, I set the deviation to those amounts. The tool also has a multi-order setup so you can set a Buy 1 lot with a deviation of 10 and another Buy 2 lots with a deviation of 20. Then if the weapon fires, it places a market order, the program will get you into the trade if price hasn't moved outside your range. If it has, then you don't get filled. I personally pad Sir Pips's values a little extra because I'd rather get into a trade and not miss the spike. If I lose the trade, then it only cost me a few extra pips. I've had the tool for a while and I think it has got me into more trades than without it. I just wish we had more spike trades.

thanks Eastfx I think ill give the Weapon another shot, combining it with the Fx order entry tool.

Last edited:
Back