• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss MB Trading

General discussions of a financial company

iamarto

Private
I've tried hard, really hard until I gave up all my efforts to try using the MBTrading demo with any free charting software.

MBT Navigator seems best to suit fundamental analysis trading style since there is no pattern detection anyway or chart included in their software by default. Also all the charting software that MBTrading lists are not free, and I need the real time charts to aid me in learning how to do technical analysis at least.

I've read in another post that some people make data feed for MT4 from MBTrading, if that is efficient and accurate without much deviation in actual quotes please tell me how to do it.

If you have another suggestion let me know about it.

thanks in advance,
arto

Thanks to Felix for all the spreading of knowledge.

Hi..
I am new in Forex and currently using MBT Demo platform. I have not opened up a real account with them yet. Anybody here who can tell me if there is any difference between the demo and real platform, especially on their performance etc... :rolleyes:

Alternatively, grab a free MT4 demo account from any number of forex brokers. Look for one that isn't a 30 day trial. Then you can set up all the handy MT4 indicators you like, but can place your orders through MB Trading or other non-MT4 broker.

EFX Group (associated with MB Trading) is supposed to roll out a new web based platform that includes charting sometime soon. I have no idea how good/bad it will be or if the same interface will be offered for MB Trading accounts at some point.

From what I've seen, Oanda's pricing is pretty much in line with MBT and EFX and they offer a free demo though their charting is a bit rudimentary.

Otherwise you're going to have to shell out for intellicharts I'm afraid.

Hope this helps - Happy Trading! :)

Hi MYJ,

I use EFX which is basically the forex arm of MBT with the same platform, spreads, pricing etc...

The Demo absolutely sucks!

BUT the live platform is great - no outages and pretty fast executions

Thanks

:) thanks 3blackcrows

I am still doing a demo and so far the account looks good. I am strickly observing money management and only trade on signal...

Hi MYJ,

I use EFX which is basically the forex arm of MBT with the same platform, spreads, pricing etc...

The Demo absolutely sucks!

BUT the live platform is great - no outages and pretty fast executions

Thank you 3BlackCrows. And do you use their chart platform? If yes, would you share it with us about its performance and what indicators provided in it? It no, what chart platform are you using right now?
Thanks a lot.
Cheers

Thank you 3BlackCrows. And do you use their chart platform? If yes, would you share it with us about its performance and what indicators provided in it? It no, what chart platform are you using right now?
Thanks a lot.
Cheers

Hi Egg,

Currently the only charting available with MBT/EFX is Intellichart (you can read more about it on their site) which is what I use, and costs $50 per month if you have a live account with them.

All the standard indicators you would need come with the package and performance is very good though rarely price will move quite fast on the trading platform but remain the same on the charts (this happens only very rarely and is not a big issue) and takes a little time to catch up.

Also you can save all your settings and groups so that you don't have to set everything up again when you log in again.

There are 2 versions - Desktop which you download onto your computer and a web based version which is accessible from any computer and is $25 per month.

If you want to use a free chart with MBT/EFX, try opening an Oanda demo account and use theirs as the price display on Oanda is pretty much identical to MBT/EFX.

The only drawback however is the fact that charting on Oanda is very basic and there is no save function.

EFX have dome a big revamp of their platform and are slowly rolling it out. I am currently on the list to be placed on this new platform and only live account holders will get it at first.

The first rollout includes charting with indicators and a save feature so I will have to see what that is like before I make the switch.

The rollout is basically in 3 stages where you get the basic charting 1st and then more complex charting along with programming abilities at the 3rd stage.

Back