• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss MB Trading

General discussions of a financial company
hi,

i need to know why you discourage trading with MT4?

Hi doorstpng,

The reason why I would discourage its use with MBT is because the quotes displayed on MT4 are different to MBT's quotes.

This is bound to mess up your stoploss boundaries because while you see a certain level where price has travelled on MT4, it is actually different on MBT.

You just risk the chance of getting stopped out more often and may get a valid signal on MT4 only to lose the trade because a chart showing MBT's quotes showed that signal to be false.

The quotes are different by about 2-3 pips sometimes as much as 5 and while that seems small, in actuality it can mean the difference between success and failure.

Hope this halps - Happy Trading! :)

Oh good. Someone else here is also on the EFX waiting list.

I've only paper traded thusfar, but did open and fund my first live account on EFX just in time to be on the waiting list for the new interface.

EFX have dome a big revamp of their platform and are slowly rolling it out. I am currently on the list to be placed on this new platform and only live account holders will get it at first.

The first rollout includes charting with indicators and a save feature so I will have to see what that is like before I make the switch.

The rollout is basically in 3 stages where you get the basic charting 1st and then more complex charting along with programming abilities at the 3rd stage.

The most significant factor is:
Demo a/c = you + platform
Real a/c = you + emotions + platform
You only really start to understand and learn when trading with your own money. It is sensible to use mini-lots at first.

The most significant factor is:
Demo a/c = you + platform
Real a/c = you + emotions + platform
You only really start to understand and learn when trading with your own money. It is sensible to use mini-lots at first.

I agree completely toadybones :)

Sometimes though beginners tend to make mistakes that have nothing to do with emotion so some sort of demo/papertrading is useful at first.

You gotta crawl before you can walk and no use losing money at first if you dont have to :)

This is a decent free charting tool w/saveable setups

Try going to dailyfx site for free realtime streaming charts. You are able to save the setups. My broker has excellent charting but these are handy alternate and can be used from anywhere when you are not at your regular installed workstation.

mbt demo verses live!

i have a live account with fxcm and have not been satisfied with trading the news with them. so following our leader, felix, i have been trading a demo account with mbtrading and it sucks big time. i have trades reappear that i have closed, i have open trades that just disappear, i have stops set that never activate and the account just keeps on losing money. so i emailed them and was told that they just use the demo to work kinks out of there real platform and if i go live there will never be a problem. i dont know about you but if they cant get the demo right i am not taking a chance on a real account. i want to use the demo to practice strategy and i want to see the stops and pt's work. anyone having any similar experiences?

Last edited:
i do have similiar experience, whelms.
and their explanation was also the same.
those problems wont be occured in live account.
i have already been approved for live account.
but havent put any money yet, not only because i am not ready for live but i also want to ensure first that their live account is really good.
I faced these problems since +/- 2 weeks ago.

Read my other posts....

........... at least during news times?

What do you recommend for news trading?........

Regards, Jernej

...... and look at my TRADEs I am now posting!!

ANSWER = FX Futures!

OZ in Kyiv! :D

:err:, this is a GOOD THING?

Look at some screen shots of MB and their spread widening AND
inverted market conditions!

:err: Ummmm,... forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't an inverted spread mean that a new order opens a few pips in profit instead of a few pips in loss? If so, wouldn't a wider inverted spread be a wonderful thing? :confused:

If so, we just need a way to open an order and close it as quickly as possible. Price wouldn't even have to move and we'd collect the inverted spread.

There has got to be something wrong with this scenario. :eek:oh:

Back