• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss mbtrading.com (MB Trading)

General discussions of a financial company
So I guess the conclusion here is that MBT is inconsistent with its service. Oh well, back to research. :confused:

mrgummo,

the conclusion should be that the only way to tell is by trying yourself. all these accounts we read on forums are statistically insignificant unfortunately and unless someone comes up with a real statistical test that includes a significant sample size, then this is just one guy's opinion against another.

So I guess the conclusion here is that MBT is inconsistent with its service. Oh well, back to research. :confused:

although i don't have statistically significant numbers, all i can say is that i live across from the ocean from california where MBT has their servers, and as soon as i click 'buy' or 'sell' the order is on at best instantly or at worst with a 2 second delay. considering network distance and internet traffic loads, i think that's pretty good not to mention that the trading servers have to break the order up and match it to ECN counterpart orders.

re. tick rates, the feed is a data streaming feed and it's more like a goddam hose so you have to make sure you have enough network throughput capacity with whatever internet provider you're using as the data comes in really fast and also that the link from your computer to the network has enough carry capacity or you will experience delays in your quote refresh rate, which happened to me on a regular basis before i switched to fiber optics (wikipedia: FTTH).

but even so, it all comes down to your internet provider and what kind of traffic congestion they are experiencing on their networks.

if that's an issue, you can get around it by renting a VPS box which would sit right next to the MBT trading servers. then you get the fastest response time possible. great for black box trading. don't know if you can remotely see the data feed behavior on the VPS though, but if you can, then it should also be possible to trigger trades manually on the VPS theoretically, thus benefiting from no data feed lag--the only lag would come from sending the mouse click event from the remote view of the VPS you have on your PC screen to the actual VPS box, but since that should be a very small amount of data, should be fairly fast.

anyway, not 100% sure about manual intervention on a VPS, as i haven't tried it, but don't see why not since it's not impossible from a tech point-of-view.

I am going to have to second that. i have seen spreads as wide as 50 pips before during news time. Wide spreads during news is pretty well common knowledge.

I have been considering trading with MBT lately, which is why i have been reading through all this. Just not sure. I have a system that uses limit orders to enter AND exit the market, which would seem to be perfect to use MBT for. I really just wish someone would post a serious detailed response about MBT, including order execution speeds, and tick rates. Those two things tell a lot more about a broker than most people realize.

Hello traders,
Any of you have any recent experiences with MB Trading? I hear they're fairly good, at least a regulated broker, and the spreads aren't bad. Please share, thanks.

what typical lot size are you planning on trading (consider available liquidity)? i mean standard lots.

Hello traders,
Any of you have any recent experiences with MB Trading? I hear they're fairly good, at least a regulated broker, and the spreads aren't bad. Please share, thanks.

Back