MetaQuotes vs. a number of companies.

zuijlen,
Do you have a long-time experience with EasyLanguage?
Indeed, behind the negatives, MT4 has got positives.

I find it interesting that someone would list EasyLanguage or Tradestation among the alternatives that are so much better than MQL4. Especially EasyLanguage. And in my mind it's not so much the language but the surrounding infrastructure: data feed from brokers, capability to automatically place trades with brokers, etc. There is a reason why the MT4 platform has been successful, despite continued snobbery from some. Even OANDA has now an MT4 option (which beats the $600/month API option they used to have, or maybe still do) and the snobbery at their forum is without bounds.

well yes... syntactically speaking there isn't much difference except for eSignal's EFS which is derived from Javascript and hence has the notion of objects, as does C#, but which MQL sorely lacks. however, as you rightfully pointed out, the surrounding infrastructure is the key and as i mentioned in another post, the MT4 scripting engine is a dog to be polite about it. so one day the realization i had was: if i am going to swim with sharks, or fight a horde of savages storming the gates of my puny stop-losses, why in heaven's name would i bring a knife to the fight, which is, in essence, what everyone who is using MT4 is doing. ridiculous. listen, if you are still solvent in 10 years, then i'll listen. or put another way, jim rogers and george soros, or the guys on paulson's team or the sharks at FXConcepts are not using MT4. that is all i need to know right there.

but do not take my word for it: here: although the guy is a FXCM shill (former employee as well) everything he says about MT4 is correct: Why New York Close Charts are Not Important | 2nd Skies Forex and that's just the tip of it.

cheers.

To have any chance of competing with MT4, any potential replacement will have to be free to users.

Zulu used reverse-engineered solution to connect directly to any MT4 server and this not legal... I think ALL signal services that don't care about subscribers losses need to be closed! - they MUST check every manager not less than half year before adding his signals... Metaquotes made first step to protect investors and I hope NFA will made main step by defining rules for worldwide signal services - it's clear now that NFA have enough impact for this...

I doubt they did something like this. Even if they hypothetically ever thought about doing such a scheme, the NFA would have gone after them , and we all know authorities are just looking for an excuse to fee/ban/ put a legislation upon everything that moves and breaths forex. IMO, of course.

Back