• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem MetaQuotes

I am having an issue with a company
I think you will find that copyright has not been lost, just because it is already in the public domain!

As far as I know, copyright is an automatic thing so long as there is proof ownership and date!

If you write a song or a book, you still have the legal ownership of the copyright, even if millions have been purchased.

Inventions are not the same!

You have to apply for a patent!

If the invention is made public before the patent application date (even by selling just one or randomly telling people), a patent will not be granted!

Dear Albert,

Let me assure you again that I have no interest in defending Metaquotes as I do not work for them or what so ever. All I was doing is expressing what I feel about their copyright claims.

Maybe, I used a bad example to express it, so let me try again with a different example, here we go:

Let's assume:

- Metaquotes = Microsoft
- Metatrader4 = Word

In this case, what seems to be going on is that "microsoft" is going after author of this thread, for composing a video about how people "are using/might use" the "word" program to compose something.. "microsoft", in my humble opinion can not, does not have the right, and will never be able to follow everyone on this planet that makes a video or writes an article about how to use their software.. even if "word" is a copyrighted product of the "microsoft" company.

What this thread's author has done is composing a video, about how some people "might" use embedded features in the "mt4" platform to cheat on traders... this is a thing I am not defending.. but, still, that does not eliminate the fact that the software DOES have such features.. and that THEY CAN be used in the way the author described.

I believe that the best way for Metqauotes is to simply ignore the buzz around this topic and it will simply fade away within a week or two.. people will not find it even interesting to know, read or watch a video about things they do not understand at all 'technically'. What Metaquotes has been doing ever since this author appeared online is the absolute contrary.. they have contacted every video hosting company, forum owner and so on to remove every possible trace of the issue.. which to be honest, is a freaking act.

At the end, the man is after the wrong people (metaquotes) -- They did their software and thank you..!
If brokers or whoever is using that software to cheat/trick people.. then I believe the author should be better revealing who is doing the dirty work instead of trying to hold Metaquotes responsible for how people are using their software.

I don't know, anyway :)

Dear Javier,

If you look at an earlier post I made on this thread, you will see that I advised EcnJesus to write down what he knows rather than copy/paste MetaQuotes actual pages!

If he does that, the copyright of his original articles belongs to him!

Also I have repeated Pharaoh's challenge (first page) to any honest broker out there!

SO FAR THERE HAVE BEEN NO TAKERS!

I like Javier's analogy. I'm just imagining how funny it would be for a judge to get a lawsuit from Microsoft saying that people can't take a video of a feature in MS Word. (Please Microsoft, don't sue me! I was only using you as an example. :p

I still do believe that building in "cheating" features isn't the same as saying that a car or electricitycan kill people. A electricity or a car only kills by accident or deliberate usage against the instructions. Having an "electrocute person" button on a home appliance or a "kill that pedestrian" button in a car would make the manufacturers of those products subject to considerable liability.

I wonder if anyone from MetaQuotes has the nerve to post a reply.

Hey ECNJesus! Ever consider mailing copies of your videos to all the forex regulators? Considering how the CFTC and NFA want to protect traders from everything, they might even ban MetaTrader in the USA.

I'l like to see more about this. I'd also like to see brokers start pledging NEVER to use these tricks.

I can guarantee you that FXOpen does not and will never use such a plugin, nor does FXOpen abuse the software as described by Ecnjesus.

Sure, there are unscrupulous companies out there ripping people off whenever they can with manipulation, stupid leverage like 1:1000 and so on but don't tar all companies that use mt4 with the same brush. Not all MT4 brokers will do these kinds of tricks. At least the brokers that care about their reputation anyway. ;)

I'm very happy to see FxOpen pledge to not use these tricks. I don't want to paint all the MT4 brokers as cheats. On the other hand, I'm not exactly pleased to see proof that at least some of these "cheat the client" features are built into any piece of trading software.

Hey MetaQuotes! Can you explain why your software has this sort of capability? How about removing it?

First off, it pleased me to see FxOpen/FxFrench here openly pledging that they do no use these built-in sofewares to cheat clients (perhaps there is also another hidden sofeware which allow clients to cheat brokers since some brokers have made that accusation here at the FPA?)...and it pleases me also that FxOpen is now regulated by ASIC.

As for that possible legal action:
In shutting down ECNJesus video, it discriminated him for using the same sofewares that millions of other users are openly using and posting in the internet every single day. It's akin to bringing court action against selected individual for singing that copyright "Happy Birthday" song while millions of others are also singing it everyday without any restriction.

And since this built-in sofeware has the ability to steal/cheat money from brokers' clients numbering in the hundreds of millions, this would fall under the category of mass fraud and should come under crime division. I would say a simple complaint filed in any legal institution should start the ball rolling....and since this is an international issue without borders, Interpol will have to be involved.

I would say it's in MetaQuotes best interest to tackle this built-in undesirable sofeware capability before it gets to that stage as they have everything to loss. Also, all their other existing & future products will be subjected to thorough scrutiny by governing bodies before they can be marketed.

This is all rather dramatic, but it does involve millions upon millions of traders' money....and I am not even touching on the possible law suits against brokers using MT4 by present & past traders who have lost money trading the forex with MT4 platform.
Perhaps this might be the breaking news in 2012 in the financial world!

Congrats to FXOpen to publicly state through their rep FXFrench that they guarantee no hanky panky with clients accounts using dodgy software.

I hope more brokers can give us a similar guarantee!

The broker I would really like to do this is, Forex.comUK!

I really hope that they can give this guarantee, otherwise I will have to consider transferring my account to FXOpen!

Hello,

When Albert said something about a pledge in his first post, I was lazy to go and read that.. my mistake! So unfortunately, I failed to be the first to make the same.

i hereby congratulate FXOpen on being the first, and take this opportunity to say it in bold that FigFX Brokers, has never used, is not using, and is not planning to use neither the Virtual Dealer plugin, nor any other custom-coded plugins using MT4's open API's that manipulate trade entries/modifications/closure of any client's orders. As for order manipulation and forcing spikes into the market and changing the SL/TP levels, I really do not think anybody does that nowadays as I mentioned earlier, so I also guarantee traders that no "hanky panky" tricks will ever be encountered while executing any orders over the FigFX Platform.

To make sure this thread is not turned into a personalized attack on any broker, including FigFX Brokers and/or any other broker making this public pledge.. Please do not use this post to discuss any particular case or requote that you might have encountered with your broker. use the other forums available, or register your own thread where you will get the same level of help.

And a final thing here, I agree with FXOpen's representative that offering 1000:1 leverage can be called nothing but stupid. Unfortunately, some brokers will do such tricks to earn more inexperienced clientele.. A naive/newbie trader will simply see that FXOpen/FigFX does not have 1000:1 while broker XYZ does.. so they go there to open an account.. Of course, no need to say inexperienced clientele are the best "catch" for such brokers because the final result is known, trader loses / broker wins ;)

Last edited:
There's a very nasty virtual dealing desk plugin available for metatrader. It allows brokers to pull many different stunts, such as simply pocketing positive slippage while passing negative slippage on to clients all the way up to account specific delays in orders and built-in slippage.

I'll wager that other trading platform have similar tricks available on the broker end.

I'l like to see more about this. I'd also like to see brokers start pledging NEVER to use these tricks.

Dear Pharaoh,
I guarantee that EXNESS does not use such methods of work and Virtual Dealing Desk plugin.
You can see that orders are executed faster than 1 second in our company. However Virtual Dealing Desk plugin for MT4 does not allow to use such execution. Then in EXNESS requotes are symmetrical and do not appear to cause losses for our clients. Requotes only depend on bank prices but not on direction of trade.

Should you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them.

Best regards,
EXNESS

Hey all you Brokers, enough with this BS "I guarantee that we are not using these features that we have bought initially". What good is your "Guarantee"? Would any sane businessman say that he is doing something wrong? So don't make a clown of yourselves by saying something that you have no proof for. Better instead, find a way to prove that "You do not use the inappropriate ways of earning money".

Make me sick, looking at these free advertisements you are trying to pull of.

And P.S. VD doe's provide a pretty good execution when you set value to 1. You may only turn it up to higher values on news etc.

So in short, if you are a Market Maker + MT4, please save your and our time and don't claim obvious lies. Your business model is to do, what you claim you are not doing. People are not retards. So keep on scamming, but just don't BS here about it.

Back