MetaTrader 4 for MAC OS??

Linda Selepack

Recruit
What is the simply way to to get a trading program that is compatible with my new MAC OS system? HELP, not a computer whiz to do all the patching needed with MetaTrader 4. Any ideas?

I think I saw a thread on this in General Forex Talk awhile back, but can't find it.

Vantage FX - MetaTrader for MAC - Crossover free

What is the simply way to to get a trading program that is compatible with my new MAC OS system? HELP, not a computer whiz to do all the patching needed with MetaTrader 4. Any ideas?

Hi Linda

You can use some software on your MAC called crossover which runs windows based programs on MACs. If you open an account with Vantage FX they will give you crossover for MAC for free.

Last edited:

I think if you want to trade with a live account you should find a way to run the MT4 on windows. On MAC you might often run into compatibility issues every time you want to install an indicator or run updates...

Other options:

Trade with a broker that offers a web-based trading platform.

Get a Windows VPS to run your copy of MT4 on. If you plan to run EAs, this isn't too bad of an idea anyway.

Back