• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Metatrader broker with few reqoutes?

MT4 Trailing Stop in question?

very correct, bad internet speed will give you requotes, also, family computer with little memory left because you have all family pictures and files since 2000 will seriosly slow computer! Broker servers send out much information and so you need computer that can cope, one that really is only for trading, nothing else!
I had Polish broker using MT4 platform, not good platform, like I said before, even if you have very good broker, it becomes insignificant if the Trailing Stop no longer function when you switch computer off. What is the point? Serious traders will want to be able to trade when away from platform, but not want to leave comp on. Maybe someone can give example of a broker who has an MT4 platform that allows trailing stop tzo work when it is off?

For MT4, the trailing stop resides on your computer, not the broker's server. To the best of my knowledge, there's no way to make a stop trail for MT4 if you turn off the platform or disconnect the computer from the broker.

There are other broker platforms that can have trailing stops that run when your computer is off.

Maybe (maybe not) MT5 will have an option to have trailing stops reside on the server.

Requotes are going to happen in fast markets (like entering market orders right on news releases which is a dumb idea but anyway...) because if the market shoots off your requested price before the system can register it, you will get the requote.

A way to minimise the time wasted from the requote error, go to the tools/options/trade menu of mt4 and set deviation by default to 2 or 3 or if you trade news on fast moving pairs like gbp/jpy, set it to 5 or more. This will allow for some slippage. For the most part, trading in normal markets, being slipped on market entry is thankfully very rare.

Personally, mine is set to 2 and I never see requotes. :)

More than a good internet connection a high quality of execution in a broker is fundamental. This determines whether you actually receive small spreads from your forex broker. For example, the screen shows a tight spread, but your trade is filled a few pips to your disadvantage or is mysteriously get rejected -- it shows that your broker is displaying tight spreads but is effectively delivering wider spreads. It means that your broker is showing tight spreads but in effect delivering wider spreads. Be aware of such rejected trades, and delayed execution, which are strategies to deceive the traders.

this is an useful information! I don’t have this kind of matters with my demo platform but I wonder if I’ll have those once I get my live account. It is true the platform performance might assure profits especially in volatile pairs. I’ll explore more before start my real trader life. Vanes :eek:oh:

You can get a requote or a change in your order setup for many reasons and that would depend on market’s behavior, internet connections and many reasons more. But when you get a requote with a change on the spread that’s just cruel. I think we must call for a specific spread no matter if it’s tight or not.

that is a good question to ask our brokers before starting with a live account. I’ve understood spreads may vary according to market fluctuations then it’d be a regular comportment on brokers. Anyway it is an important matter to test some brokers and trade on the best way

hi,

Can any one tell me metatrader broker with low reqoutes?

thanks....

Spreads vary depending liquidity and let me tell you, you better find a broker with good financial support. Mine is supported for even more than 8 banks so liquidity is not a problem therefore spread are not either.

Back