• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem MexBank - MexGroup

I am having an issue with a company
Current status of Mexbank ACM issue?

I've been completely out of touch with recent developments since last year.

Thanks much!

Mexbank Is Indeed a Ponzi Scheme!

Hello

I recently spoke to a Mr. William Janulis, an attorney with for the CFTC in Chicago. He informed me that the CFTC and SEC have filed legal proceedings against Mexbank/MKBK and their representatives in the US.

The CFTC case only involves the MXBK and MBFX entities, while the SEC case involves three U.S. individuals associated with those entities, namely Clifton Oram, Donald Winkler and William Michael. The CFTC is still attempting to serve its defendants in Mexico with the summons and complaint. Unfortunately, this is a rather involved process which requires the cooperation of certain Mexican authorities and may take months to complete.

I also spoke to an attorney in Austin, Hernandez Ojeda. He informed me that he has a client that is interested in procuring his services to recover his investment, but is hesitant to proceed alone without the help of other investors to share the cost of legal action. This is not an endorsement of Mr. Ojeda, but he's the first attorney that I've spoken to that has made some initial inquiries into the whereabouts of MKBK perpetrators.

CFTC is requesting that all customer-victims send all written and electronic documents that they have in connection to their dealings with MXBK and MXBF, including all checks or wire transfers related to their cash investments.

Written documents can be sent or emailed to:

William P. Janulis
Trial Attorney
Commodity Futures Trading Commission
525 W. Monroe St., Suite 1100
Chicago, Illinois 60661
wjanulis@www.cftc.gov

Mr. Hernandez Ojeda, Esq. ca be contacted at:

7000 Mopac Expressway
Suite 390
Austin, TX 78731
+800-673-1995
Contact Our Mexican Lawyers | Hernandez-Ojeda

Here are the links to two press releases that I received from Mr. Janulis

</title> <meta content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16981" name="GENERATOR" /> <script id="ssInfo" type="text/xml" warning="DO NOT MODIFY!"> <ssinfo > <fragmentinstance id="fragment1" fragmentid="web_header" library="server:NAVIGATIONFRAGMENTS"> </fragmentinsta.

The SEC press release can be accessed on the internet at:
Clifton K. Oram, et al..

I welcome your correspondence and advice.

Contact me at docak50@gmail.com :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Default Mexbank Is Indeed a Ponzi Scheme! - 07-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Hello

I recently spoke to a Mr. William Janulis, an attorney with for the CFTC in Chicago. He informed me that the CFTC and SEC have filed legal proceedings against Mexbank/MKBK and their representatives in the US.

The CFTC case only involves the MXBK and MBFX entities, while the SEC case involves three U.S. individuals associated with those entities, namely Clifton Oram, Donald Winkler and William Michael. The CFTC is still attempting to serve its defendants in Mexico with the summons and complaint. Unfortunately, this is a rather involved process which requires the cooperation of certain Mexican authorities and may take months to complete.

I also spoke to an attorney in Austin, Hernandez Ojeda. He informed me that he has a client that is interested in procuring his services to recover his investment, but is hesitant to proceed alone without the help of other investors to share the cost of legal action. This is not an endorsement of Mr. Ojeda, but he's the first attorney that I've spoken to that has made some initial inquiries into the whereabouts of MKBK perpetrators. He did tell me that they are no longer at their business address, and has had some difficulty tracking down their exact location.

CFTC is requesting that all customer-victims send all written and electronic documents that they have in connection to their dealings with MXBK and MXBF, including all checks or wire transfers related to their cash investments.

Written documents can be sent or emailed to:

William P. Janulis
Trial Attorney
Commodity Futures Trading Commission
525 W. Monroe St., Suite 1100
Chicago, Illinois 60661
wjanulis@www.cftc.gov

Mr. Hernandez Ojeda, Esq. can be contacted at:

7000 Mopac Expressway
Suite 390
Austin, TX 78731
+800-673-1995
Carlos Hernandez-Ojeda [carlos@hernandezojeda.com]

Here are the links to two press releases that I received from Mr. Janulis

</title> <meta content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16981" name="GENERATOR" /> <script id="ssInfo" type="text/xml" warning="DO NOT MODIFY!"> <ssinfo > <fragmentinstance id="fragment1" fragmentid="web_header" library="server:NAVIGATIONFRAGMENTS"> </fragmentinsta

The SEC press release can be accessed on the internet at:
http://www.sec.gov/litigation/litreleases/2010/lr21761.html

I welcome your correspondence. To be honest I hadn't intended to spear head a legal effort against Mexbank. But under the circumstances and taking into account that I haven't read or heard anything about any joint effort to pursue legal action against Mexbank, I welcome the task to form a group. If you interested. please contact me so I can get consensus of how many are interested and how to move forward.

Contact me at docak50@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Frank F

:shocked: Mex - Bank lost a great deal of money because a Swiss company suoosedly chang ed the rules. The Swiss lawsuit dragged on for over a year .Now you can not get into your Mex Bank accoun and I think the site has been removed Does any one hsve information on this?

Frank last link in Mexbank thread.

Hi Frank,
The best way to understand a lot of what happened with our investment with Mexbank is to go back in this thread below where it says first, This will take you to page one and then follow and read each of the postings from various investors. This will give you as much info as we all have which looks like a total scam to me. I invested several hundred thousand thru my IRA accounts and I'm now convinced there will be no recovery. I have been in touch with as many as 50 investors ans no one seems to know anything. If you want to reach me thru my regular e-mail account I will gladly answer you but thats as n much as I can help.
Bob Colwell

PS When following the information in these threads you need to look at pages one thru 11, so hit each page and read every one.

Back