• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem MexBank - MexGroup

I am having an issue with a company
Mex bank

I do not have access to Don, hoping Alarm has further info on him. Especially is he is an employee of MexBank and can he be reached. Who is Vamag? Was MexGroup registered with Polyreg?

Attention: Mexbank Customers

Fraud?

To those who invested money with Mexbank (MFBX Alfa, Dice 10, Delta 50):

I am sure you are in the same situation as myself; everything was going great - it seemed the best investment you could possibly have, (rivaling LTCM at their height in returns?? - plus 80% capital guaranteed?? also fully managed and the track record to prove it!!??), just sit back and let it churn then, right!?

Then December happened. And it's all gone. But don't worry, we've got a great case, and there are Swiss lawyers all over it - well, they will be as soon as the holiday break is over. Oh, and whatever you do, no talking!, DON"T TELL ANYONE WHAT HAS HAPPENED!! Naturally...it will mess up everything.

I was always worried about Mexbank. I'm just a college kid, but I'm an economics major and a thinker. I knew at the very least, there was no possible way for Mexbank to keep it up. The returns were just too high. (Look at Madoff's scam, he was promising 18-20% and that was considered phenomenal.) But I knew so many people in it, and they were all making amazing money, and i thought the contract would save me. So maybe I was greedy-I don't know-but I invested, and I looks like I lost. But I know many who lost a lot more than I did.

So here we are. Down 99% (supposedly from November 23rd), still in the dark wondering what will happen, relying on the the word of a few emails as to the measures being taken to recover our funds, and not allowed to employ any investigation-OR EVEN ASK QUESTIONS of our custodians. I am friends with the facilitator who got me into Mexbank, and have asked him MANY questions, and understand the story as well as he does I think (and he is getting his information directly from Don W(inkler)). (The information distribution has been just horrible hasn't it? - If you have any questions feel free to email me and if I do know I'll answer if I can!) I don't know if the whole Mexbank scheme was legitimate or if it was a fraud, and I am objectively open to both possibilities. My purpose in writing is to see if there are others out there in the same situation (it looks like there are) and see if anyone else knows more about it, or shares my misgivings (And also in step with this website warn others against Mexbank for the time being!). I hope everything we have been told is true and that the situation resolves quickly. If not however, it will be good to have contact with others in the same situation, because, as the most recent Mexbank email asserts this would be bigger than the Enron (and Madoff) scandal (if they REALLY WERE managing $100 billion of course). Anyway, I just can't help thinking...something really stinks.

Overall the story we have been told sounds fairly plausible. The 'liquidity provider' - or the alleged money-grabber through margin rate increase(i'm withholding the name for now)-was, as far as banks go, indeed on shaky financial ground. So i can see a possibility that they planned intentionally to raise the trade margin in order to seize cash (both Mexbank's currency being traded, and also triggering a capital call on all the Swiss Treasury Bonds backing up the trades) and, as a bank, hold it (possibly knowing the holiday would buy them an extra month) which would raise their capital ratios and help avoid their going into receivership. Mexbank gets the attorneys involved, and their trump card to force a settlement is the negative publicity - therefore necessitating silence on our part until the settlement closes. So i guess that's the story in a nut shell. It might be true, but hey, it might not. How do we know?

There are some things that don't add up for me. I'm definitely not an expert in the FOREX market, but i know how to trade pairs etc. and some basics. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can help me understand this, but i can't get make the math of a 600% margin raise wiping out all capital to work out. This would require the money-grabbing liquidity provider to take the opposite position on every trade and to win every trade by a large margin (a statistical improbability). Again, I have never been able to get a handle on how Mexbank executed its trading scheme (perhaps a red flag in itself), so i don't know if I'm missing something, but I was lead to understand that Mexbank would "hedge"-if you will-such that they couldn't lose every trade. But this must have been what had to happened in order to lose everything "in the next minute." Anyway, I might not understand, but it doesn't add up. There are a lot of other fishy things I'd like to deatail, but this is sort of becoming an essay (sorry!). But to be short it sounds like a scam: high stated returns, contractual safety, unfathomable trading strategies, new and unregulated market, international jurisdiction, lack of real interaction with any official representatives (heck is anything about Mexbank official? No hard copy letters, Can't find anything about them on the web! except their site [and now hopefully this]), and requests to avoid investigation! (if Edward Jones or Merrill Lynch or Vanguard misplaced this much money, wouldn't a regulatory agency be up their posterior with a magnifying glass so fast, looking for discrepancies...anyway)

I was hoping someone, somewhere might have some sort of proof that the story we are being told is true. Or does anyone know a way to verify what these emails say are true? (Can we question the attorneys working the case with a number Mexbank hasn't provided for example, or would there be any way to discretely verify that Bloomberg.com does indeed have rights if the story breaks?) Any sort of objective verification would go a long way for me. Maybe this whole thing is a big Ponzi scheme like Madoff's. Maybe its a small and effective fraudulent rouse affecting only the west coast?? Maybe its legit. and we'll all get our money back. All I know is that it has all the hallmarks of a scam. I would love to hear your thoughts and input. It would be great to get some discussion going (i know its forbidden, but hey). Please post. Or feel free to email me: melpomene117@yahoo.com
Let me know what you think!
Sorry about the length!

Mexbank (MBFX)

Fraud?

To those who invested money with Mexbank (MFBX Alfa, Dice 10, Delta 50):

I am sure you are in the same situation as myself; everything was going great - it seemed the best investment you could possibly have, (rivaling LTCM at their height in returns?? - plus 80% capital guaranteed?? also fully managed and the track record to prove it!!??), just sit back and let it churn then, right!?

Then December happened. And it's all gone. But don't worry, we've got a great case, and there are Swiss lawyers all over it - well, they will be as soon as the holiday break is over. Oh, and whatever you do, no talking!, DON"T TELL ANYONE WHAT HAS HAPPENED!! Naturally...it will mess up everything.

I was always worried about Mexbank. I'm just a college kid, but I'm an economics major and a thinker. I knew at the very least, there was no possible way for Mexbank to keep it up. The returns were just too high. (Look at Madoff's scam, he was promising 18-20% and that was considered phenomenal.) But I knew so many people in it, and they were all making amazing money, and i thought the contract would save me. So maybe I was greedy-I don't know-but I invested, and I looks like I lost. But I know many who lost a lot more than I did.

So here we are. Down 99% (supposedly from November 23rd), still in the dark wondering what will happen, relying on the the word of a few emails as to the measures being taken to recover our funds, and not allowed to employ any investigation-OR EVEN ASK QUESTIONS of our custodians. I am friends with the facilitator who got me into Mexbank, and have asked him MANY questions, and understand the story as well as he does I think (and he is getting his information directly from Don W(inkler)). (The information distribution has been just horrible hasn't it? - If you have any questions feel free to email me and if I do know I'll answer if I can!) I don't know if the whole Mexbank scheme was legitimate or if it was a fraud, and I am objectively open to both possibilities. My purpose in writing is to see if there are others out there in the same situation (it looks like there are) and see if anyone else knows more about it, or shares my misgivings (And also in step with this website warn others against Mexbank for the time being!). I hope everything we have been told is true and that the situation resolves quickly. If not however, it will be good to have contact with others in the same situation, because, as the most recent Mexbank email asserts this would be bigger than the Enron (and Madoff) scandal (if they REALLY WERE managing $100 billion of course). Anyway, I just can't help thinking...something really stinks.

Overall the story we have been told sounds fairly plausible. The 'liquidity provider' - or the alleged money-grabber through margin rate increase(i'm withholding the name for now)-was, as far as banks go, indeed on shaky financial ground. So i can see a possibility that they planned intentionally to raise the trade margin in order to seize cash (both Mexbank's currency being traded, and also triggering a capital call on all the Swiss Treasury Bonds backing up the trades) and, as a bank, hold it (possibly knowing the holiday would buy them an extra month) which would raise their capital ratios and help avoid their going into receivership. Mexbank gets the attorneys involved, and their trump card to force a settlement is the negative publicity - therefore necessitating silence on our part until the settlement closes. So i guess that's the story in a nut shell. It might be true, but hey, it might not. How do we know?

There are some things that don't add up for me. I'm definitely not an expert in the FOREX market, but i know how to trade pairs etc. and some basics. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can help me understand this, but i can't get make the math of a 600% margin raise wiping out all capital to work out. This would require the money-grabbing liquidity provider to take the opposite position on every trade and to win every trade by a large margin (a statistical improbability). Again, I have never been able to get a handle on how Mexbank executed its trading scheme (perhaps a red flag in itself), so i don't know if I'm missing something, but I was lead to understand that Mexbank would "hedge"-if you will-such that they couldn't lose every trade. But this must have been what had to happened in order to lose everything "in the next minute." Anyway, I might not understand, but it doesn't add up. There are a lot of other fishy things I'd like to deatail, but this is sort of becoming an essay (sorry!). But to be short it sounds like a scam: high stated returns, contractual safety, unfathomable trading strategies, new and unregulated market, international jurisdiction, lack of real interaction with any official representatives (heck is anything about Mexbank official? No hard copy letters, Can't find anything about them on the web! except their site [and now hopefully this]), and requests to avoid investigation! (if Edward Jones or Merrill Lynch or Vanguard misplaced this much money, wouldn't a regulatory agency be up their posterior with a magnifying glass so fast, looking for discrepancies...anyway)

I was hoping someone, somewhere might have some sort of proof that the story we are being told is true. Or does anyone know a way to verify what these emails say are true? (Can we question the attorneys working the case with a number Mexbank hasn't provided for example, or would there be any way to discretely verify that Bloomberg.com does indeed have rights if the story breaks?) Any sort of objective verification would go a long way for me. Maybe this whole thing is a big Ponzi scheme like Madoff's. Maybe its a small and effective fraudulent rouse affecting only the west coast?? Maybe its legit. and we'll all get our money back. All I know is that it has all the hallmarks of a scam. I would love to hear your thoughts and input. It would be great to get some discussion going (i know its forbidden, but hey). Please post. Or feel free to email me: melpomene117@yahoo.com
Let me know what you think!
Sorry about the length!

mexbank

Vamag is Value Asset Management. They supposedly did the trading for Mexbank. Polyreg is the Swiss regulatory agency. When I contacted them they emailed back that Vamag was a member but they had not heard of Mexbank,which I guess could be possible since Vamag was working for Mexbank. carpenter/Houston

Mexbank is for real and only Victim of fraudulent activity

I was forwarded your message today and wanted to respond to it as much as I could. This is world wide, not just the West Coast.

I have been in the financial services arena for nearly 18 years and a representative of Mexbank for nearly 2 years now, STILL, I have nothing bad to say about them AT ALL!!! Several of my colleague's have been down to Mexbank's headquarters in the past and bring back nothing but positive results from those meetings. Your reference to them being able to "keep it up" is a statement of mere ignorance. We're all ignorant, it's just about different things. I have traded FOREX myself at home ( I earn "Pips" by trading, thus the pipster email address) and a 4% return per month is very easy to do, IF you know what you are doing. I am now also an owner in a fund HERE IN AMERICA that is averaging much, much higher return than that. In fact our annual compounded return last year was 105%. Imagine that!!!! It was 89% in 2007 and 79% in 2006. Unlike Mexbank, we have never had a month less than 3%. One difference in us and Mexbank is that we do not have all our 100's of millions in one place. 80+% is in US Treasuries at ALL Times!

The situation that caused Mexbank to be in a situation to be Margined our of their positions was one associated with their account being Institutionalized traded, that is, the bank HOLDING THEIR FUNDS DID THE TRADING ALSO. Thus when these certain individuals, that are being criminally investigated at this moment, decided to cover their posterity's at a corporate level, they forced this to happen. This was not orchestrated by the bank itself nor was it forced on these individuals to do it, but the bank is now liable. Don't worry about your Math not working out, you simply don't have all the financial facts, none of us ever will. I will say this, if I ever get into a negative situation trading here at home and get near to being margined out, I GET A CALL!!!! Mexbank is saying they were never notified thus they were never ever able to POST MARGIN!! I'm sure they would have pulled out of the trades themselves if they were near that point, but isn't that what the 20% stop loss was supposed to do? YES IT WAS, but a stop loss was never hit, but Margin requirements, that had been instantly raised by a factor of 600%, was hit thus the instant liquidation.

I have been invited to visit Mexbank by Don himself and to take clients down as well. We have just been too busy to do that, however, several associates as I mentioned above, have spent weeks getting all the details on Mexbank as they have been our administrators for our group here in the US. I am totally convinced that this will be dealt with out of court and will remain a totally silent and private matter. Let's just say this, the more we stir this up, the longer it's going to take for matters to be over and possible cause it to go public, which in that case will cause it to be dragged on for who knows how long. Please, for us all, speak good about Mexbank as I have been with them a long time, have withdrawn several 100,000's in gains from accounts and I manage over 7,000,000 in Mexbank investments. Communication is at times tough, but email has become of age, just as voice mail has. We may as well get used to it.

To reference your Madoff's comparison, this could never be a ponzi scheme.That much has been verified but associates of mine. I am not at liberty to give any details but it's CLEAR to me that it isn't. You were right in saying the bank that did this to us was having financial problems and possibly still does, but where in any email have you seen the name of which financial institution has done this, or have you just HEARD someone mention a name of some bank? I question that up front.

I closing, I would ask that you forward this on to where ever you post and let folks start to get a better feeling about it all. Just to talk negatively about it will cause more grief that is necessary. As I was told the first night from one of our administrators after he talked with Mexbank's chairman that night, if there was ever a time to panic, right now is not that time.

I could tell you more but I am not at liberty to do so but I can assure Mexbank is for REAL and the results from the REAL OUT OF COURT BATTLE will soon prove that to be, however, like everyone else, I can't give you any dates. That is up to the lawyers on both sides!

Hundreds are continuing to invest with Mexbank even today and if the account is large enough, you can get an invite to visit the headquarters in Mexico, so think about it before you discredit a company who is not at fault for not being a real deal. This was not only done to Mexbank, but to some other finaicial institutions as well.

May God Bless your comings and your goings!

Cordially yours,

East Coast

Mexbank is not the culprit but rather the Victim!

I have been in the financial services arena for nearly 18 years and one of the largest producers/representatives of Mexbank and have been for nearly 2 years now, STILL, I have nothing bad to say about them AT ALL!!! Several of my colleague's have been down to Mexbank's headquarters in the past and bring back nothing but positive results from those meetings. Your reference to them being able to "keep it up" is a statement of mere ignorance. We're all ignorant, it's just about different things. I have traded FOREX myself at home ( I earn "Pips" by trading, thus the pipster email address) and a 4% return per month is very easy to do, IF you know what you are doing. I am now also an owner in a fund here in America that is averaging much, much higher return than that. In fact our annual compounded return last year was 105%. Imagine that!!!! It was 89% in 2007 and 79% in 2006. Unlike Mexbank, we have never had a month less than 3%. One difference in us and Mexbank is that we do not have all our 100's of millions in one place. 80+% is in US Treasuries at ALL Times!

The situation that caused Mexbank to be in a situation to be Margined our of their positions was one associated with their account being Institutionalized traded, that is, the bank HOLDING THEIR FUNDS DID THE TRADING ALSO. Thus when these certain individuals, that are being criminally investigated at this moment, decided to cover their posterity's at a corporate level, they forced this to happen. This was not orchestrated by the bank itself nor was it forced on these individuals to do it, but the bank is now liable. Don't worry about your Math not working out, you simply don't have all the financial facts, none of us ever will. I will say this, if I ever get into a negative situation trading here at home and get near to being margined out, I GET A CALL!!!! Mexbank is saying they were never notified thus they were never ever able to POST MARGIN!! I'm sure they would have pulled out of the trades themselves if they were near that point, but isn't that what the 20% stop loss was supposed to do? YES IT WAS, but a stop loss was never hit, but Margin requirements, that had been instantly raised by a factor of 600%, was hit thus the instant liquidation.

I have been invited to visit Mexbank by Don himself and to take clients down as well. We have just been too busy to do that, however, several associates as I mentioned above, have spent weeks getting all the details on Mexbank as they have been our administrators for our group here in the US. I am totally convinced that this will be dealt with out of court and will remain a totally silent and private matter. Let's just say this, the more we stir this up, the longer it's going to take for matters to be over and possible cause it to go public, which in that case will cause it to be dragged on for who knows how long. Please, for us all, speak good about Mexbank as I have been with them a long time, have withdrawn several 100,000's in gains from accounts and I manage over 7,000,000 in Mexbank investments. Communication is at times tough, but email has become of age, just as voice mail has. We may as well get used to it.

To reference your Madoff's comparison, this could never be a ponzi scheme.That much has been verified but associates of mine. I am not at liberty to give any details but it's CLEAR to me that it isn't. You were right in saying the bank that did this to us was having financial problems and possibly still does, but where in any email have you seen the name of which financial institution has done this, or have you just HEARD someone mention a name of some bank? I question that up front.

I closing, I would ask that you forward this on to where ever you post and let folks start to get a better feeling about it all. Just to talk negatively about it will cause more grief that is necessary. As I was told the first night from one of our administrators after he talked with Mexbank's chairman that night, if there was ever a time to panic, right now is not that time.

I could tell you more but I am not at liberty to do so but I can assure Mexbank is for REAL and the results from the REAL OUT OF COURT BATTLE will soon prove that to be, however, like everyone else, I can't give you any dates. That is up to the lawyers on both sides!

Hundreds are continuing to invest with Mexbank even today and if the account is large enough, you can get an invite to visit the headquarters in Mexico, so think about it before you discredit a company who is not at fault for not being a real deal. This was not only done to Mexbank, but to some other finaicial institutions as well. Everything is being done to recover this all for us and BAD PRESS is not going to help our AT ALL. If all of you would get to praying and stop complaining and trying to stir up something it would probably all be over before we know it. I have remained positive for the second day on and choose to look at the bright side of life. I still have a great deal to be thankful for.

May God Bless your comings and your goings!

Cordially yours,

Last edited:
:unhappy:I'd like to know at what time do we all get together and file a class action lawsuit against mexbank.Are we going to keep hearing 2 more weeks we will hear something. I was referred from robert reese from california. A lot of things dont add up with this.I feel like most of you guys where you dont know if this is a ponzi scheme or not. If it is we will have to make sure the people behind this our brought to justice.

mexbank

Is this the same Robert Reese that was involved with Gary Mcduff? The SEC investigated them a few years back.

Back