• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem MexBank - MexGroup

I am having an issue with a company
Linda Vivian Barnes, since Montreal is known for scammers (telemarketers - google "Project Colt') could you tell us what court you were appointed by so that we can verify that you are not a scammer who is trying to get information from investors?

Also since the treaties between the United States and Canada do NOT allow investigators from either country to "roam at will" in the other country, could you give us the name of your sponsoring US agency?

Your refusal to provide this information straight out should be an indicator to everyone that you are not who you claim to be. I have sent you a separate email requesting that you call me as soon as possible.

If you are legitimate, then I will gladly meet with you.

I have posted my email address before, but here it is again:

fraudprevention@mexgroup.com

I answer ALL emails that have questions. Sometimes it does take me a while, but I will answer you if you have a question or even a valid comment.

When there is something new, I will let you know as soon as I can.

Recently I was asked why MexGroup had been slow in not answering emails or phone calls. Here is what I know from first hand experience.

The majority of the emails/calls are just people wanting to vent about the loss of their investment. I understand the need and when I can I will be a good listener. If there is nothing new, then all I can do is tell you what already was put out.

If you have ANY indication that MexGroup, its related companies, or anyone connected to them is doing anything criminal, please let me know and if it is proven then I will forward it to the proper authorities.

However, "I lost my money" is not an indication of wrong doing on the part of MexGroup. As you know the Swiss authorities are investigating an alleged crime in which MexGroup's investors are the victims. The suspect is ACM.

Now calling me at my home (I made the mistake of giving one investor my home phone when he promised that he would not give it out but he did and now I get several calls at home) and leaving threatening messages and claims that I am dishonest, going to jail, etc. serves no purpose. But it does make me understand why MexGroup is slow to answering calls/emails.

Again, I understand that you lost money in a risky endeavor and you want answers and do not want to wait. But idle threats against me and others who had nothing to do with the loss of your money does nothing but use up resources.

Now again, I have looked at the situation and the people involved. I have not found any criminal indications on the part of MexGroup, its related companies, or anyone involved. I encourage you to email me any suspicions that you may have to the email address above.

I may not agree with some of MexGroup's business decisions, but I have no experience running a company. My expertise is in revealing the truth.

I note that the forexpeacearmy has not condemned MexGroup and they are apparently waiting for the facts to be revealed in Switzerland.

Also if as one caller claimed, MexGroup is dishonest, then why are they still around? Wouldn't a dishonest company be more likely to just shut down their business (see Refco)?

I welcome your emails.

True Scammers

Linda Vivian Barnes, since Montreal is known for scammers (telemarketers - google "Project Colt') could you tell us what court you were appointed by so that we can verify that you are not a scammer who is trying to get information from investors?

Also since the treaties between the United States and Canada do NOT allow investigators from either country to "roam at will" in the other country, could you give us the name of your sponsoring US agency?

Your refusal to provide this information straight out should be an indicator to everyone that you are not who you claim to be. I have sent you a separate email requesting that you call me as soon as possible.

If you are legitimate, then I will gladly meet with you.

Mr. Coffman, or should I call you Steve?

Please do not try to insult my intelligence. You are far from being able. I am a US citizen currently visiting Montréal on assignment, and Canadian by marriage. When I return home, I can “roam at will” anywhere and anyway I please. The US/Canada treaties do not govern my investigating activities whatsoever. In the event I needed help from federal agencies, I will get my security clearance in advance.

I am an independent investigator with double majors in college: criminal justice and forensic science. I specialize in white collar crimes and document authenticity. As far as my sponsoring court and agency, if you asked the question as a federal agent, it is beyond your level of authority to even think about it. If you asked the question as a civilian, neither can I reveal it to you because of the nature of my investigation.

Since you are so eager to help with my search, you will be the first one to know when I get to Houston. When I do, with a court subpoena if necessary, I expect your full cooperation without reservations.

Meanwhile, I suggest you stay low for a while. You are very close to perjure yourself by publishing a false press release on the internet, distributing copies and posting inaccurate statements to mislead investors, not to mention the article is written by a felon impersonating an attorney with a false name.

Linda Vivian Barnes
lindabarnes414@yahoo.ca

Linda

Dear Linda,

Yet you can call me Steve, Stephen, Jeffery, or anything else, but please call me. I emailed you my telephone number and you have my email address.

I note with some interest that originally you stated,

"I am a court-appointed investigator from Montréal, Canada, engaging in collection of information of the Advanced Currency Markets // MexBank scandal."

But when I pointed out the illegality of a Canadian court investigator "roaming at will" in the USA and I asked you which court, you changed your position to,

"I am a US citizen currently visiting Montréal on assignment, and Canadian by marriage. " and "I am an independent investigator with double majors in college: criminal justice and forensic science. I specialize in white collar crimes and document authenticity. As far as my sponsoring court and agency, if you asked the question as a federal agent, it is beyond your level of authority to even think about it. If you asked the question as a civilian, neither can I reveal it to you because of the nature of my investigation."

So, Linda which is it are you a "court appointed investigator from Montreal" or an independent investigator? And since when is it 'beyond a federal agent's level of authority to even think about asking someone a question about the basis for their authority to conduct an investigation?'

As a RETIRED federal agent (who worked with the RCMP on Project Colt in Montreal) I asked it as a civilian. After you have posted on PUBLIC forums you are now claiming that you can not reveal the nature of your investigation?

Again, please call me. I look forward to meeting you (like that will really happen). If you are legitimate, then I will gladly help you. If you are (as I suspect) a dishonest person trying to get financial information from investors, you will come up with some lame excuse why you can not meet me or call me.

Are you a CFE, CFS, or do you have any certifications?

One thing I learned in Montreal is that a good scammer does not change their story midstream.

Awaiting your call.

Linda's book

Linda, If you are the Linda V. Barnes the crime novelist, I will still meet with you and provide you with information. The only request is that if you do write a book about the ACM scandal and it is made into a movie, that you consider Russel Crowe for my part since we look so much alike! ;)

Still waiting for your call or email. And I will gladly meet you at IAH if you desire.

Linda V. Barnes -- Linda's Book

Linda, If you are the Linda V. Barnes the crime novelist, I will still meet with you and provide you with information. The only request is that if you do write a book about the ACM scandal and it is made into a movie, that you consider Russel Crowe for my part since we look so much alike! ;)

Still waiting for your call or email. And I will gladly meet you at IAH if you desire.

Jeffrey S Coffman,

The original author of the Carlotta Carlyle mysteries book “Flashpoint” is Linda Joyce Appelblatt Barnes. She has no relations to any investigation of ACM, MexBank, MexGroup, MBFX or any part of the alleged scam. Please issue a clarification on this forum, and/or any other public forum you had posted a similar message on, along with a personal apology to Linda.

I am an attorney from NYC. Public slandering and personal harm is a good cause of a civil suit in the court of law.

LOL! so now you are an attorney from New York! LOL!
-
What is your bar card number?

So what do you need to be able to sue me? I await either an interesting trial or else an expose of you.

The only New York attorney named Linda Barnes is

LINDA LOUISE BARNES with registration number 1786524.

What will our mystery writer be next, a Supreme Court Judge? LOL!

Linda, if you think I have committed a tort (do I need to explain that to you) sue me.

Back