• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem MexBank - MexGroup

I am having an issue with a company
Update: Still no wire, still no response

I cannot get anyone at Mexbank to respond to my emails. Juan Carlos Harris seems to be emailing/replying to others but will not respond to me.

Mexbank a year later

It's been a year since MexBank fell down. Does the guy with 18 years of financial experience who responded in Jan 2009 still have positive things to say about MexBank? Tried my username and password and it doesn't work. It's been a while since I've used it. I went online and found FPA recently and read all responses.

Ponzi Or Generous Company

Three scenarios sound like PONZI scam to me. Let me explain:

Group number one- those that had their funds stolen by ACM- pending lawsuit to get funds returned

Group number two- group that deposited money after the theft by ACM between December and April - there is a "requested European Union hold"- when the hold is lifted they’ll send money

Group number three- investors after April- can put in and get money out as wanted

HUH? Makes me think that after enough money is put in by group number three, the "hold" on group number two will be lifted and I’ll get my money back

On a positive note, they may be offering a buyout for everyone. They'll let us know in the "future." Wouldn't that be nice for all of us? I'd be happy to receive like 80-90%.

On a side note, I would like people to post threads to FPA and start talking. Maybe just share how much you lost, and how it's effecting your life. There is power in numbers and I think we should start working together to unravel this mess.

Structural Question

We have heard about the allegation that Mexbank was really formed by Gary McDuff, Robert Reese and others, and that Eduardo Trijo and Adolfo Noriega are puppets. What I do know is that the original posts alleging this were often doctored by those assumed to be part of ACM. From what I have read on government websites, the SEC accused Gary McDuff of funneling cash through Mexbank, but did not go the extra step of saying he was the unequivocal master of the organization.

I am objective about this issue, but would like it to be cleared up. So, would those with information concerning the structuring of Mexbank please make posts or write to me.

No Wire-no Offer

AS OF YET, MEXGROUP HAS NOT PROPOSED AN OFFER LIKE THEY SAID THEY WOULD. IS ANYONE SURPRISED? I GUESS WE'RE NOT PASS THE FIRST QUARTER, BUT WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. LET'S SEE IF THEY HOLD TRUE TO PROPOSING AN OFFER. I'LL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED.

ALSO, I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY WIRE. MY FUNDS ARE SUPPOSEDLY ON A REQUESTED HOLD BY THE MIFID REGULATORS. ACCORDING TO A GENTLEMAN THAT WORKS IN THE EU "I would suggest you ask the company exactly which supervisory authority (and from which EU country) has imposed this requirement and for their contact details. Then once you have the details contact the supervisory authority directly to check if, any why, this they have done."

I'VE ASKED, BUT MEXGROUP TELLS ME THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT AUTHORITY IS REQUESTING THE HOLD. IF ONE IS REQUESTING THE HOLD, HOW WOULD THEY NOT KNOW WHO?

IF THIS TURNS OUT TO BE A PONZI SCAM THEN THIS WILL BE THE THIRD ONE THAT I'VE LOST MONEY IN. OF COURSE I DIDN'T FIND OUT ON THE OTHER TWO UNTIL RECENTLY, OR I WOULD HAVE NEVER INVESTED IN MEXGROUP. THINGS WERE GOING SO WELL FOR ME AFTER MY ACCIDENT. I ADJUSTED TO BEING A QUADRIPLEGIC FAIRLY QUICKLY, AND NEVER DOUBTED THAT THE ACCIDENT WAS ACTUALLY A BLESSING. I still know that it was a blessing, but things were going so much better UNTIL I GAVE UP CONTROL OF MY MONEY. I WILL CONTINUE TO DO THE BEST I CAN, BUT IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING TO GET TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF. IF THINGS SOUND TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE THEN THEY ARE.

We need to hold those accountable who hurt us. I've gathered some information, and from what I've gathered, ACM only had 8 million of MexBanks money. At least according to an ex-employee of ACM. If we can get an accounting, and it adds up to be over $8 million, I think we have some questions for mexgroup.

How long is everyone going to wait until they start talking? I'd love to hear what others have found out.

Everyone needs to file a complaint with the SEC and the CFTC. There is something going on although we don't know what yet. We will keep you posted.

Hopfully we get our offer as promised

This is what MBFX wrote me January 14th about the buyout.

"Management is currently in negotiations with its bank to secure credit lines during the first quarter of this year. MBFX intends to present the buyout plan to its customers affected by the ACM theft once the banks have made their credit line decision. Because you are part of the ACM theft, you will be contacted as soon as this offer becomes available."

Let's see if they're going to fulfill there promises.

MexBank Recovery

I noticed on the litigation update page that hasn't been any updates on actual litigation itself and no word regarding lines of credit for close to month now. Is this just a Ponzi scheme all along and we've all been duped? Where do we go from here?

Back