Micro Account Question

Agent86

Sergeant
Hi all

I've been reading through the zillions of reviews.

I've noticed that there does not seem to be a way to sort the reviews of account types.

I was wanting to research companies that offer micro accounts and see all the reviews of companies that offer micro account, and mini accounts etc.

Although I did find some like Marketiva etc. but could not really sort them out because there is not specific data field for this to sort.

Anyhow does anyone know which brokers on the list who offer micro accounts and fixed spreads ? which also have a decent review ?

Please advise
Thanks

I may have?

I have been granted the opportunity to test drive a "Live" Micro account thru FXCM. Maybe all my past ranting and raving were'nt in vain? Their forum rep JasonRogers offered me this chance to test their Micro trading environment and compare this experience with my past issues(mostly lock ups on trading platform). They (FXCM) will fund a Micro($500.00). I opened this Micro in my name(as a normal customer would do) and get to trade it for 90 days. At the end of this period I would get to keep any profits in excess of initial deposit.I can withdrawal or keep account-my choice. I must give weekly updates(another forum) as to my trading experience. You may want to check this out-should begin trading this week.:)

Hi Ernest,i have downloaded that platform(fxcm)for micro account but i am yet to do any with it.Would you please send the forum detail to my email:losa.clement@yahoo.com.

I will be very glad if the favor is granted,

Thanx.

Micro and other platform indicators

Hi

I've downloaded and tried the FXCM micro demo.

I've noticed that some of the indicators on certain platforms do not match the standard indicator.

For example: The standard MACD typically is suppose to be 12,26,9 on close
And some platforms will say that this is what your looking at, however if you compare them simultaniously on other platforms that use the standard MACD you will notice some differenences.

If you compare the FXCM and the Metatrader MACD with most other platforms out there, you notice the crosses or confirmed crosses do not happen at the same time some are different and some cross where others do not.

I've noticed this with forex.com platform when comparing it to their own data feed, and comparing the metrader using forex.com compared to the forex.com java online version.
You can see a noticable difference in the MACD and other indicators.

I don't know why but this really stinks if your use to using a standard MACD.

I know for the Metatrader people have a fixed custom indicator which is really the standard MACD crosses indicator and it works well, but why do they keep messing with things and changing them, and changing the calculations so that you stay confused.
I noticed this right away.

They should at least give you a heads up that it's a custom indicator and not standard MACD or standard indicator calculation your looking at.

FXCM micro MACD does not match the standard MACD it's close but not the same.

Compare it side by side with other platforms and you will see noticeable differences.

Geeezzze.

Hi

I've downloaded and tried the FXCM micro demo.

I've noticed that some of the indicators on certain platforms do not match the standard indicator.

For example: The standard MACD typically is suppose to be 12,26,9 on close
And some platforms will say that this is what your looking at, however if you compare them simultaniously on other platforms that use the standard MACD you will notice some differenences.

If you compare the FXCM and the Metatrader MACD with most other platforms out there, you notice the crosses or confirmed crosses do not happen at the same time some are different and some cross where others do not.

I've noticed this with forex.com platform when comparing it to their own data feed, and comparing the metrader using forex.com compared to the forex.com java online version.
You can see a noticable difference in the MACD and other indicators.

I don't know why but this really stinks if your use to using a standard MACD.

I know for the Metatrader people have a fixed custom indicator which is really the standard MACD crosses indicator and it works well, but why do they keep messing with things and changing them, and changing the calculations so that you stay confused.
I noticed this right away.

They should at least give you a heads up that it's a custom indicator and not standard MACD or standard indicator calculation your looking at.

FXCM micro MACD does not match the standard MACD it's close but not the same.

Compare it side by side with other platforms and you will see noticeable differences.

Geeezzze.

Tanx for the observation.

Back