• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss MillionDollarPips.com (William Morrison)

General discussions of a financial company
Real account success?

Hi,

Is there anybody be successful with the real account?

I see that nearly all the demos have success but real accounts have troubles.

If anyone has success, please explain that by which broker with working.

Thanks.

MDP with FXOpen???

Sorry to have to bug everyone with this...but I can't seem to find an answer to this question anywhere.

Can MDP be used with FXOpen's ECN accounts? I have seen some people posting msgs about it rejecting some of the stop orders, but other than that...nothing. To the best of my knowledge, the ECN accounts at FOpen are a perfect fit for this EA. I am seeing an average spread of 0.7 pip. My order execution time is lower than most people's who have posted about trading MDP successfully. And FXOpen's ECN accounts don't have any restrictions on placing limit orders super close to the ask/bid price.

I would really like to give MDP a try, but can't seem to find any information on this.

I sent a msg to tech support about trying to run a back test on it and getting an error msg. Tech support replied to just ignore the error msg that nothing was wrong.....and did not say anything about why the tester would not open orders or what to do to fix it.

ANY assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

About the demo test

Just a bit of info about the demo account. The settings used are most definitely NOT default.

The account started with $1000. The very first position opened was 0.6 lots. To get that lot size, you would have to set your risk level to 6 instead of 1.5 as recommended in the manual.

Following that, the second order opened was 0.4 lot. As much as i think this system is capable of working...this eludes to the fact that this test has been tampered with. Since the account is not entirely controlled by the FPA, I recommend that everyone entirely dismiss the results of this demo account. Further, I request that FPA request that a new demo account be started with the entire account control be given to the FPA.

As I have said before, I believe this EA can work, but please give use a test we can at least pretend to believe in.

FX Open and MDP

Hello There,

I have recently purchased MDP and am running it on FX Open ECN. It only opened one trade today and then let it run. There was drawdown of almost 30 pips after it went into a 12 pip profit. I couldn't understand that because the biggest stop I've seen here is -11. FX Open ECN runs all my other EAs way better than any other broker I've had because of the consistent super low spread. I rarely if ever see above 1.0 on EUR/USD. If anyone has any input, please help!!

I see that MDP should trade approx 18 times a day with a very low stop. I am using it on a live account.

Kind Regards,
Omar

terrible

Hi guys
i bought MDP on july 5th it never opened any trade on my platform spread only 2 and scalping is allowed .I wrote numerous e-mails to william morrisson all replies are very late up to 10 days to get a reply .
My 30 day money back guarantee was rejected . WM is keeping asking for information but never comes up with a solution and refused my refund .

This is a scammer stay away from him

i have evidence

To WM stick my 99 usd where the sun never shines

Problem Solved!!

Hello Again,

I posted a couple of posts ago about my difficulties using million dollar pips with an FXOpen ECN account. After two days of trying to determine what was going on and why it wasn't trading I discovered the problem. It was the settings. Here are my adjusted settings to make the robot trade profitably, so far 11 winners and 2 losers for an 8% gain in one day.

Number Orders Level: 2
Additional Channels: 4
Max Simultaneous Orders: 4
FIFO: False
Use Stop Orders: FALSE (THIS WAS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IN NOT TRADING, if set to true, FXOpen gives a "invalid t/p or s/l" error"

All other settings default except the ticket code obviously. I can't really understand how the risk % works so I left it at 1.5. It doesn't seem to be excessive since it only opens 4 orders at a time with above settings.

Hope this helps other frustrated traders because this EA is actually pretty cool in the sense that the stops are so tight.

Also, FXOpen ECN gives spreads CONSISTENTLY lower than 1 pip. I usually get .4-.6 pips spread. It is a commission broker but I think it is waaaaayyyy better for EAs and manual trading to pay a little commission but have your trades work profitably according to strategy because spread is not a factor.

Kindest Regards

Live Trading

Hello Eric,

I just started using this EA this week after getting the bugs finally worked out. I AM trading this EA currently on a LIVE FXOpen ECN account. If you look over the past few posts you will see where I am at now. I decided to post because I see that people mainly use this EA demo and don't have much luck live. After I figured things out, it has seemed to trade pretty well for one night but one night does not make the EA great. I will keep updating as my experience with this EA grows. Even successful EAs must be managed properly to gain the most and I've found that there are a few that most people can't manage but are actually profitable.

This EA seems to crave volatility and has a very short stop loss. I'm hoping London open gets bouncy because that's how it made such great trades last night. 11 winners, 2 losers. 8% total gain. I'm more concerned about losing streaks so I'll have to see what that's going to be like.

Hope this helps

Night 2 Trading Results

Pretty Much The same as first night. Very profitable.

Live Account FXOpen ECN

Losses were 3: -$6.48, -$8.24, -$7.20
Followed by 4 wins: $24.12, $23.76, $52.92, $46.80

ALL Trades Closed within 3-5 minutes of opening.

Not too shabby.

Back