• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss MillionDollarPips.com (William Morrison)

General discussions of a financial company
Can anyone recommend a VPS to use with FinFx? I've been getting some really astounding results (statement attached) with them on a demo account, but I'm concerned about the slower execution time in a live account.

I started the demo account on 8/31 with $5,000 and as of today (9/13) it is up to $9,405. I'm just running it on my desktop in demo mode. I'm located in Colorado. It's reporting:

Avg. Exec. Time: 513ms
Avg. Open Time: 904ms
Avg. Modify Time: 514ms

Couldn't find anything after searching around a bit; any thoughts?

Attachments

• DetailedStatement.pdf
    112.7 KB · Views: 98
Live

I started testing live on August 5 using a mini-account (yes a mini-account) on IBFX and SWVPS. IBFX is in Salt Lake City and SWVPS I think started out in Texas but is now in LA. Anyway, I am not having fantastic success (as would be expected with a mini-account), but I am up 25% after 38 days. IBFX is not an ECN broker and with a mini-account I am dealing with the broker itself. The spreads are 2-3 pips. Rarely less than 2. Not a lot of trades but every 2-3 days it will rip off a few and add as much as 3-8% to my account. I had the NumOrders Level set at 0 and have moved it to 2 to see if that helps generate a few more trades.

All this being said, it does work. It is sensitive and must be handled with care. It may take some time to get the perfect combination of broker, vps, settings to get the perfect results. However, the potential of this EA makes it worth the effort to find that combo.

For this very reason I appreciate all of the input that everyone has made. Things that don't work are just as important as things that do. Thanks all.

Rollieroger

I had been running it for a couple of weeks on a demo account with ILQ in the US, which means FIFO and spreads > 2, and it *never* traded. That's why I moved it to FinFx, and now it trades nearly every day, nearly always adding to the account.

I did find a VPS service that seems like it would work well:

http://www.myfxvps.ru

For about $6.65/mo. When I set up the live account I'll report on changes to my execution time, and if I see a difference in the behavior of MDP. If I do set up the VPS I'll also report on the ping time to the live FinFx server (this VPS was recommended on another forum, and the user reported response times in the 10-30ms range).

The settings I'm using to get the results reported above are:

NumOrders_Level: 2
Additional_Channels: 1
Slippage: 0.5
Max_Simultaneous_Orders: 8
FIFO: false
Risk: 2.0
Risk_Mode_CommPips: true
Trailing_Resolution: 0.5
Use_Stop_Orders: true
Hard_Stop_Trailing: true

I'm running version 1.2.0, which was released a few days ago, but I'm not using the new grouping feature. So far seems about the same in terms of results.

The settings I'm using to get the results reported above are:

NumOrders_Level: 2
Additional_Channels: 1
Slippage: 0.5
Max_Simultaneous_Orders: 8
FIFO: false
Risk: 2.0
Risk_Mode_CommPips: true
Trailing_Resolution: 0.5
Use_Stop_Orders: true

I'm running version 1.2.0, which was released a few days ago, but I'm not using the new grouping feature. So far seems about the same in terms of results.

I had changed the numorders_level to 2 and wound up at break even or some losses so went back to 0. Last night I wound up with 58 closed trades using the settings below and was up 8.8% overnight. On my other account (same broker and vps) I had 16 trades and 3+% increase. I think the settings were identical. The only difference that I can think of is that the first instance was on the MT4 rebuild 406 and the other 402. Obviously I will go make sure the other is updated tonight. Did others observe a huge increase in volume last night? Most of the activity is usually from 10:00 pm EST through the European session. Because of the US 50:1 margin requirements I had a number of "low margin" sellstop deletions and there were also some "no money" sellstop deletions or I could have had more trades.

Version 1.1.6
NumOrders_Level: 0
Additional_Channels: 8
Slippage: 3
Max_Simultaneous_Orders: 4
FIFO: True
Risk: 1.5
Risk_Mode_CommPips: ????
Trailing_Resolution: ?????
Use_Stop_Orders: false

VPS: SWVPS ($18/mo)
Broker: IBFX (mini account)

Rollieroger

Now I am baffled

I went back and checked and both IBFX accounts are on the 402 build and the same settings and last night one account had 4 trades for a small loss and the other had no trades. Same VPS, so what the ...:confused:

I seem to recall that I may have gotten the MT4 load from different places because the first wouldn't let me open two instances of the platform at the same time (needed since I have two different accounts). I did turn the one off that hadn't been trading as much and restarted it, but still is not trading as much. I will try a couple more tweeks. But I am not going to throw it away because I can only eek out 20% a month! Just trying to build up my account to go searching for more profitable options. The sensitivity of this EA will certainly scare a lot of people away who are not willing to wrestle it to the ground. So many people are looking for the holy grail in trading and when they find it, they pass it right on by and keep on looking. Sad.

Rollieroger

Incredible Performance

I tried MDP on FXCBS, v1.2, on default settings. I used v1.1.6 before v1.2 was released. I am trading live. I started with a lot size of 1.5 (I wanted to start with smaller lot size, but v1.1.6 gave me too large of a lot size to start with, v1.2 corrected this problem). But starting with a lot size of 1.5, I DOUBLED my account balance in about 16 calender days! ECN conditions are met in my account. Spread strength is 100%. FIFO is false.

The key is: you need to use a broker with VERY SMALL spread, like FXCBS. FXCBS does not accept new US clients, but allows existing US clients to stay. It charges $8 per standard lot. My execution time is not too great, around 1000ms. Maybe because FXCBS is located in Dubai. I will try a VPS with a UK server later on.

I use ForexVPS | Forex VPS Hosting
Able to run 10 MT4 platforms on the professional account.
Using network-tools.com,
for SmartTradeFX - ECN Forex Broker, Online Forex Trading, Currency trading.,
(66.147.255.240) from forexvps US server;
the ping latency rates to smarttradefx
US server = 98 ms (avg for 10 pings)
Here are their other latency rates:
https://support.forexvps.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=83
I chose this bcos it's the few vps that state on their website that have an autorestart function for running programs. ie the MT4s will restart when the VPS restarts (by user).
There may be other VPS like this?

GO Markets

I was checking out GO Markets and there was a huge discussion on Forex-Factory about some problems on the 15th of September (or so). Did any of you who are using GO Markets with a VPS have any issues with GO Markets?

Just curious.

Rollieroger

finfx

Has anybody successfully gotten finfx running great on a live account? I have noticed some complaints about working with live accounts.

GO Markets just informed me that they no longer accept US Residents as clients. finfx, however, is an unregulated broker and apparently still will accept them. Being unregulated does have certain other drawbacks.

Has anybody gotten MDP running great on a US Broker with a live account? IBFX works okay, but not great.

Thanks for any comments.

Roger

Back