Missing bars on chart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelo

Recruit
Hi to all at forexpeacearmy, Im still relativly new to the forex world and in need of advice concerning missing bars on the M1 timeframe, im trading on the nikkei and they literally dont exist on my chart ive noticed anywhere between 5-10 bars (sometimes its only 1 or 2) per hour and im concerned about it effecting the accuracy of the H1 and H4 bars. Does anyone have this issue with their charts? should I let this worry me or is it just part of trading this type of index? if anyone out there has any advice to give on this matter it would be appreciated.

Bars on charts only form if there are trades taking place. I don't trade the Nekkei, but I can tell you than most stocks and indexes are more likely to have quieter market times than the major currency pairs, so gaps can happen.

You can ask your broker to see if there's any other explanation.

Thanks for the reply Pharaoh, I think ill take your word for it. If it sounds 'about right' to you then my guess is its me and my newness to the the whole game of the financial markets lol, thanks again for your time Pharaoh youve set my mind at ease more than you may realize :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back