• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Skrill.com (Was MoneyBookers.com)

General discussions of a financial company
There are services that convert between E-currencies for less than what an international bank wire costs. Withdraw your money to your MB account and then see if you can find a service that will convert it to a more acceptable form for a more reasonable fee.

By your argument, every broker that only accepts deposits and withdrawals via bankwire would also be a scam.

If you want to use ecurrencies with fairly low fees, I'd recommend PayPal. They aren't perfect, but they are better than a lot of the other ones.

There are services that convert between E-currencies for less than what an international bank wire costs. Withdraw your money to your MB account and then see if you can find a service that will convert it to a more acceptable form for a more reasonable fee.

By your argument, every broker that only accepts deposits and withdrawals via bankwire would also be a scam.

If you want to use ecurrencies with fairly low fees, I'd recommend PayPal. They aren't perfect, but they are better than a lot of the other ones.

Pharaoh, I am familiar with all you are saying. I am not knew to trading and I am familiar with services like AlertPay which are simple, inexpensive and therefore reliable.

However, same as PayPal the AlertPay is not accepted by majority brokers........ Why?

What I am saying Pharaoh, is that it is good indicator for selecting broker and if they use Moneybookers a.k.a. Skrill the probability is very high that you will have problem with such broker because the broker is tolerating such Moneybookers a.k.a. Skrill rules which are totally design to screw the client.

Remember that most of the brokers will use same ridiculous rules against you to disallow the trade like Moneybookers a.k.a. Skrill uses against you to withdraw your money.

Here we are talking about $80 which would be prohibitively expensive to collect anyway which is a part of the scam.

If you take $80 multiplied by thousands of unfortunate clients like me you get big money. If they would try same with $80,000 I would sue.

Therefore, they have been notified as follows:

If you believe in positive advertising you should believe in negative one too. Let see how much of negative advertising my $80 will buy you.
merlin4x.com/moneybookers/

Before even opening an account with AlertPay, PayPal, MoneyBookers, etc., you need to check all the terms and conditions. If MB had those bank wire instructions and fees clearly listed, then this is no more of a scam than the more modest fees charged by PayPal. Annoyingly expensive doesn't equal scam. Undocumented fees that only show up when you are ready to get your money do.

PayPal can cut off a broker based on complaints. The scammers at ForInvests tried to fool clients by lying and saying PayPal had stopped dealing with all brokers when they got kicked out.

A broker not taking PayPal isn't necessarily a scam. Many licensed and well-regulated brokers in the USA don't take it.

Overall, I do recommend picking a broker than takes wire transfers even if you plan to use an alternate method to deposit funds. Make sure to get the full wiring instructions even if you never use them. This at least provides you with some bank account info which can be very useful if the broker decides to try to pull a disappearing act.

AlertPay is the worst money agent that I have used to fund forex account.
First time took 5 days for my money to clear, and second time took more than 14 days.
I helped one of my friends to fund a trading account and that took more than 30 days to execute...and it was a direct local bank-to-bank money transfer!
Their support took their sweet time to reply to "anxious" e-mails regarding status of funds...Additionally, they change their local bank without any notice to their clients.

I would go so far as to say AlertPay is horrible as a money agent!

I have used MoneyBookers too and funds transfer via credit card to my account with them and then to fund my trading account is instant.
As for withdrawal, you have to verify your banking account with them as they do not transfer funds back to your credit card....and, yes, there is a usd50 fee.

Skrill Pulls London IPO.

A classical behavior of scammers! See Skrill Pulls London IPO

If you believe in positive advertising you should believe in negative one too. Let see how much of negative advertising my $80 will buy you.

Before even opening an account with AlertPay, PayPal, MoneyBookers, etc., you need to check all the terms and conditions.

I recently closed my moneybookers account that i used only once. This was in the wake of getting an email stating the following:

"We would like to inform you of a change to the existing Service Fee available at the “Fees” Section of our Website. The Service Fee applies to Skrill Accounts registered for private purposes if the account holder has not logged into or has not made a transaction using the Skrill Account within the last 18 months (the “Inactivity Period”).

Please note: the Service Fee does not apply to VIP Accounts as defined in the Skrill VIP Terms and Conditions and Skrill Accounts used for commercial purposes.

The Inactivity Period will change from 18 months to 12 months from 25/02/2013 (the “Effective Date”). There is no increase in the Service Fee.

Accordingly, your Skrill Account will remain free of Service Fee if you log into or make a transaction using your Skrill Account in a 12 month period. If you do not do this, the Service Fee of 1.00 EUR (or equivalent) will be deducted monthly from your Skrill Account balance, if any.

The change will apply from the Effective Date unless you object and notify us that you wish to terminate your Skrill Account in which case your Skrill Account and the Terms of Use will be terminated upon receipt of your notice and without charges. You can do this at any time by contacting Customer Services . If you do not object to the change before the Effective Date, we will take this as your acceptance of the change.

Best wishes,

Skrill (Moneybookers)"

Maybe not a scam in itself but you have to log in and accept the changes before you can contact the service center and tell them you do not accept the changes. It reeks of bad business practices to have no response equal acceptance when it comes to changing the TOS. Depeding on jurisdiction its also invalid.

I have been using MB to fund and move money between my banks and brokers for at least a year now. I have moved hundreds of thousands of dollars through them. I have never been charged any unstated fees and once you become VIP with them they even refund all the withdrawal fees. I never had to pay $50 to verify my accounts. I am now fully verified and all my limits have been removed. I can withdraw funds to banks in multiple countries. I can transfer funds to all my brokers. I can fund my account with a credit card. I have never had a problem doing any of this. My wire based withdrawals (the only withdraws I do) have taken less than 48 hours on nearly every occasion. Funding with a credit card is instantaneous.

SKRILL MONEYBOOKERS : THEIR LATEST SCAM on 26 FEB 2013 after asking them to extend the escrow by 14 more days as I was waiting for a shipment (by SEA SHIPPING) from russia SINCE 6 WEEKS :

" Kindly be advised that further to your request our billing team attempted to manually extend the Escrow period as discussed. Unfortunately, we have been unable to apply further alterations due to recently implemented processing restrictions. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
Notwithstanding, we checked on the progress of your shipment via track-trace.com. The latest updates show that the parcel was received in Russian Customs on 29 Jan 2013 and should be on its way now. ( WAOW !!!... SENT MORE THAN ONE MONTH AGO !!!! STILL NOTHING HERE AND THEY PAID THE SELLER WITHOUT MY AGREEMENT !!! BAND OF B.......S !!! )
We truly hope you receive the goods in shortest terms and in great condition.
Should you require assistance or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.
Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
Kind Regards,
Sylvia , Skrill Customer Services "

LONG STORY SHORT THEY SAY IT IS A SOFTWARE or POLICY ISSUE AND I AM F..Ked !!
THEY TOOK MY MONEY AND THEY ... F..Ked ME !!
MAYBE ONE DAY I WILL STOP FOR A FEW DAYS IN ENGLAND ... I HAVE SOME CLEANING TO DO !!!
I JUST HOPE FOR THEM I WILL RECEIVE THE PARCEL, I HOPE (FOR THEM) !!!!

This is why you need to pay a professional escrow company when dealing with expensive shipments that can take large amounts of time to deliver.

Please post an update later to let everyone know if you got the goods or were totally hosed.

Personally I am against scammers but I just have to say that my experience with moneybookers is the complete opposite of what you have experienced. From what I have seen they have made doing business over the internet so convenient. I only wish more people/vendors accepted moneybookers as a form of payment. In fact, I actually prefer them to paypal because paypal has put certain restrictions on my country.

Back