• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Skrill.com (Was MoneyBookers.com)

General discussions of a financial company
Skrill is an FSA regulated payment processor. I find it hard to believe they are scamming anyone. It's simple really. If you are not prepared to prove who you are to comply with AML, don't use them or any other regulated processor or broker.

Moneybookers/Skrill is a Scam.

Here is how the scam works:
You can open Moneybookers a.k.a. Skrill in matter of seconds.

You can deposit money to Moneybookers a.k.a. Skrill from any source/broker with no problem. (so you think GOOD)

However, you can't withdraw your funds.

They will pretend that they are complying with an anti-laundering rules so they have legitimate excuse to keep asking for redundant documents over and over and over so you will never get your money.

Interestingly they do not care about any documents when you are depositing the money which is clear indication that they are SCAMMERS.

MONEY IN - NO MONEY OUT.

You should avoid any broker which is using Moneybookers a.k.a. Skrill because it is clear indication that the broker is SCAMMER too.:p

I totally agree with this person, that Moneybookers/Skrill is a Scam. I have an account with them and they refused to allow me to use their credit/debit card payment options, to receive payments on my blog. They claim that it is not allowed, for "newly registered users". They also want all of my personal information, while I can't get them to activate the payment options, that I also want to use, legitimately and claim that it is against moneylaundering, etc. when Moneybookers/Skrill, itself, cannot be trusted. You're right about them. Moneybookers/ Skrill is a Skam. In order to get money sent to me, the sender has to open a moneybookers account and since I really got to know about Moneybookers, I will not be getting anyone else to join them, at least not through me. Moneybookers should go after those who are using its services for illegal purposes and leave honest people alone. The fact that they give me so much problems, just to activate my account, which I was also not able to use i.e to receive any legitimate payments, because Moneybookers would not allow me, to accept credit/debit card payments, means that they are also a sham! period. Maybe there is also more to Moneybookers/Skrill's actions too. They are no different from Paypal and some of the others. They want you to trust them and to use their services and they should not be trusted at all. I don't recommend that others use Moneybookers/Skrill, due to its false and misleading advertisement and other disturbing facts about them.

That is exactly how they scammed me ,, hope I read this before! :(

Details of complaint:
email : #########@live.co.uk
Skrill Help – Ticket Created (#00104358)‏
[Ticket ##242273850##]
I opened the skrill account few days back to receive funds in £ and transfer those funds to my £ account in Poland when I tried to withdraw the funds the currency showing was Polish zloty while I had skrill currency in £ and wanted to withdraw the funds to my bank account in £. I did not find any info whatsoever about this in FAQ . I REALIZED THAT SKRILL CONS CUSTOMER OUT OF MONEY BY FORCING CUSTOMERS TO CONVERT THE CURRENCY AND THEN MAKES MONEY BY FORCING THEM TO ACCEPT THE LOWEST EXCHANGE RATE ON THE MARKET BUT I sent email to customer support anyway on 26.06.13 , got an automated reply that i will get a reply in 20 hours, a day past but no reply from customer service instead on 27.06.13 an email stating my account has been suspended due to security reasons and asked me to send them my identity documents. I sent the documents on the same day that was 27.06.13. Since then it has been dead silence my account has been suspended since 4 days even I sent proof of identity but did not get a mere communication indicating what had happened to my identity documents and why the account is still suspended. I am unable to with draw funds when I am in need of them I HAVE LOST TRUST & DIGNITY because of being unable to pay funds I owed AND THE ONLY REASON IS THAT I CAN NOT WITHDRAW FUNDS FROM MY ACCOUNT. I understand if there was a delay from my side to send identity document but I sent them in minutes and its been 3 days since and my account is still suspended I enquired countless times by sending emails as to why it is still suspended and why no one is bothered to reply to my questions at customer service 3 days is a long time considering this electronic time when every thing is done in minutes , As far as I understand you are a con keeping people money in your account as long as possible to get interest on and avoiding customers freedom to withdraw their own money. I HAVE LOST TRUST AMONG FRIENDS AND FAMILY AS WELL AS BUSINESS BECAUSE OF YOU , I WILL MAKE SURE YOU LOSE BUSINESS THE SAME WAY AS I DID I AM GOING ON AN INTERNET FEEDBACK/OPINION SPREE AND WILL TELL MY STORY AND THE FACTS TO PEOPLE ALL OVER THE INTERNET IF I CAN WASTE TIME (MONEY) & ENERGY TO WRITE TO YOU i WILL MAKE SURE i GIVE 10X THAT TO LET PEOPLE KNOW WHAT A CON SKRILL IS I WILL MAKE SURE PEOPLE GET TO KNOW THAT SKRILL IS A CON AND WHAT A PATHETIC CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU HAVE GOT AS COMPARED TO PAYPAL. I WILL NOT LEAVE A SINGLE FORUM ON THE INTERNET WHERE THE STORY ABOUT THIS CON IS NOT POSTED.

15 DAYS PAST SINCE MY ABOVE COMPLAIN AND I GOT ANOTHER EMAIL ASKING FOR MY IDENTITY DOCS AGAIN ................

I think you should cooperate with them and send the docs again, this whole business can be a misunderstanding or just a very bad customer support

At first I requsted withdrawal to my bank account (with same name) and should be no problem at 4 July 2013, The next day after withdrawal suddenly Skrill
aka Moneybookers LOCKED my account. They sent an email telling me to verify the account. At the moment I uploaded my documents, but after a week there is another email telling me the same thing (to upload ID documents). I uploaded my ID once again and no response until today.

The bad thing is I dont receive my withdrawal on 4 July until now (12 July) even the history said it was processed. I had sent ticket for missing withdrawal
but they didnt respond. I used Liberty Reserve, E gold, Webmoney but none of them have WORST service like Skrill (MoneyBooker). Every ticket needs
a week or more to be replied. I still have fund in MoneyBooker and cant withdraw it to my bank account.

They have very very BAD service and act like a SCAMMER. They :
1. Will not answer your question / complaint on time. You need extra patience dealing with them. In my case have sent almost 10 tickets / complaints. And my case has not been solved.
2. Will lock your account without warning or explanation and you cant do nothing with your money. They will ask your ID, after you upload your ID. They dont do anything to verify your account. Simply
3. Will close your ticket even if your problem has not been solved.
4. Will not process your missing withdrawal

I have screenshots to prove my statements.

Please STAY AWAY to this scammers. A lot of skrill users experience terrible service. Please check reviewcentre.com. There are a lot of complaints / sad stories about them. Too bad I didnt search on search engines prior using their service.

MoneyBookers (Skrill) is SCAMMER.

At first I requsted withdrawal to my bank account (with same name) and should be no problem at 4 July 2013, The next day after withdrawal suddenly Skrill
aka Moneybookers LOCKED my account. They sent an email telling me to verify the account. At the moment I uploaded my documents, but after a week there is another email telling me the same thing (to upload ID documents). I uploaded my ID once again and no response until today.

The bad thing is I dont receive my withdrawal on 4 July until now (12 July) even the history said it was processed. I had sent ticket for missing withdrawal
but they didnt respond. I used Liberty Reserve, E gold, Webmoney but none of them have WORST service like Skrill (MoneyBooker). Every ticket needs
a week or more to be replied. I still have fund in MoneyBooker and cant withdraw it to my bank account.

They have very very BAD service and act like a SCAMMER. They :
1. Will not answer your question / complaint on time. You need extra patience dealing with them. In my case have sent almost 10 tickets / complaints. And my case has not been solved.
2. Will lock your account without warning or explanation and you cant do nothing with your money. They will ask your ID, after you upload your ID. They dont do anything to verify your account. Simply
3. Will close your ticket even if your problem has not been solved.
4. Will not process your missing withdrawal

I have screenshots to prove my statements. And Im ready to start "Scam Alert" whenever they keep ignoring my complaints

Please STAY AWAY to this scammers. A lot of skrill users experience terrible service. Please check reviewcentxx. com. There are a lot of complaints / sad stories about them. Too bad I didnt search on search engines prior using their service.

Here is how the scam works:
You can open Moneybookers a.k.a. Skrill in matter of seconds.

You can deposit money to Moneybookers a.k.a. Skrill from any source/broker with no problem. (so you think GOOD)

However, you can't withdraw your funds.

They will pretend that they are complying with an anti-laundering rules so they have legitimate excuse to keep asking for redundant documents over and over and over so you will never get your money.

Interestingly they do not care about any documents when you are depositing the money which is clear indication that they are SCAMMERS.

MONEY IN - NO MONEY OUT.

You should avoid any broker which is using Moneybookers a.k.a. Skrill because it is clear indication that the broker is SCAMMER too.:p

Completely Agree with this

I am such a frequent user of SKRILL/MONEYBOOKERS that they have increased my CD upload limit to just over usd13k (normal is usd5k).
Apart from a 'temporary suspension of account due to inaccurate multiple password loggin", I have no issue with my account these past two years or so (maybe more...not sure).

"You should avoid any broker which is using Moneybookers a.k.a. Skrill because it is clear indication that the broker is SCAMMER too"
That's an inaccurate statement because I have very reliable & trustworthy brokers (e.g Axitrader, ICMarkets..) with whom I can transect money deposit & withdrawal via Moneybookers/SKRILL.

As that Ruler-of-upper-and-lower-Everglades mentioned in post#23 above, "If there's an issue, make an inquiry with the UK FOS".

As that Ruler-of-upper-and-lower-Everglades mentioned in post#23 above, "If there's an issue, make an inquiry with the UK FOS".

I have sent tickets but noone reply them.One time, they sent email but they didnt solve the problem or answer the questions / complaints. But asking for ID documents (again). Looks like they didnt read the complaints. Note that I had uploaded clear and high quality documents to them with support ticket since 4 july. And repeat it again on 9 July. Still no reply or verification. It seems that they doesnt check them at all.

I dont understand how I can comunicate and solve this problem, if they act like a child and not professional like this. I already posted a review about them in "Review and Ratings" section. And ready to proceed to Scam Alert. I have all the screenshots (transaction history, emails from them, and account locked status).

Back