Moody's ratings

Marky$

Private, 1st Class
Hello everybody,

Once again I lost according to Moody's rating :(
Moody's downgrades France's government bond rating to Aa1 from Aaa.
If I had know that today will be any rating anouncement I wouldn't trade this time.
Is there any calendar of ratings publications?
How to know about such events in advance?

I'm not sure if they have any sort of fixed schedule for this. If they do, a calendar for it would be great!

Hello everybody,

Once again I lost according to Moody's rating :(
Moody's downgrades France's government bond rating to Aa1 from Aaa.
If I had know that today will be any rating anouncement I wouldn't trade this time.
Is there any calendar of ratings publications?
How to know about such events in advance?

I think saving them, Moody's S&P, fitch on your bookmarks and checking their press releases might be a good way. However, I doubt if any of them will come out pre-release stating that they will be announcing a ratings update for a particular country. Anyways, you could do some research and find out how often these ratings agencies update/announce the changes. That should be a decent indicator.

Out of curiosity.. what were you trading? French bonds?

You can take a look at the rating agencies websites. They will list down the outlook of different markets and also different securities.

They may say "Positive outlook on country A's AAA rating hinges on policy changes". This will give you an idea on what they are currently monitoring and what might be coming. But you will not know for certain when they will do so.

Out of curiosity.. what were you trading? French bonds?

I'm trading EURUSD using Expert Advisor. My strategy scalps a few pips during low volatility. It works quite good except such sudden price jumps. Last time it opened 8 lossy positions in a row during 2 minutes :( That was the second time. The first was when they downgrade Spanish rating a month ago. But it's a history. I' ve just modified my EA code and secure it for such events :) I should do it a month ago, but I thought it won't happen to often to mind it. But according to Murphy's Law.... ;) Now I can take only one lossy position during price peaks.

Last edited:
Back