Moving to live trading

I think you shouldn't determine this according to the time you spend on demo trading but rather according to how well you are doing.
When we are doing our trades in the Demo trading accounts we need to remember this fact that trading will require special skills and knowledge so that we can develop a reliable trading strategy.

Also I've never seen the point in demo trading with 100k when you know you are going to be going live with 500. Be realistic and treat a demo like real money as best you can.

Also I've never seen the point in demo trading with 100k when you know you are going to be going live with 500. Be realistic and treat a demo like real money as best you can.
Yes always a good idea to demo trade with what your investment would be

Yes always a good idea to demo trade with what your investment would be
Still it will not have the emotions that comes in real accounts. It will definitely give idea of what lot size you should be using when going in live account which is still a ver good advantage of practicing in demo.

Two things don’t chase losses and only put in what you won’t mind losing as sometimes things just don’t go as expected

Hello traders. I have been learning and practising for a relatively long time and I feel confident about my trading so far. I have learned what I need to trade correctly and I am planning to start trading live, however, I'd like to ask you what would you suggest to do to deal with "1st day" emotions. Although I read plenty of articles about emotions, discipline and psychology of trading, it's still interesting to learn how other traders dealt with it. What did you do to reduce the heartbeat after opening your first trade? How your 1st week or 1st month of live trading was psychologically?
Try and stick to the plan, as hard as it sounds. But things change a lot when you finally go live! You can do it!

Back