Moving to live trading

Unfortunately, no articles will help you out.
I think that the most efficient way to use your first days is to observe yourself and your psychology. You'd better start with small sums and you can try to implement all the trading strategies that you used in your demo trading and see how they work. You should pay attention to the slippages, spreads and all other kinds of commissions, so that you will be able to understand whether your trading strategy needs some adjustments and alterations. More than that, you should pay attention to your psychology and your feelings. You've got to understand whether real trading is different for you in the emotional aspect or it is quite the same. If it is different, then what exactly makes the whole thing different. Later on you can increase the lot sizes gradually so that you'll feel calm and avoid any stress along with the increase of your deposit.
This is great advice. Emotions can trip you up when moving from demo to live, and this means you have to be careful even if you had good results on a demo account.

The first day are very difficult from psychological point of view. The weirdest thing is that you do quite the same as you did before on demo but you do experience some different emotions and feelings. My first deals were experimental. I traded microlots and tried to analyse my psychology instead of concentrating on getting profits. Surely, I didn't want to lose money and I definetely wanted to make my first real profits, however, I concentrated on the long-term goals which were about combing my feelings. Actually, when I traded demo I wrote my deals in my trading diary, so, after switching to live account I also took notes and compared them with those which were made on my demo account. The difference was striking and my notes helped me realise which decisions I make differently and I had the necessary information about myself which would help me modify my trading and change it to the better.

the first week was awful literally :D i faced all the difficulties which I was learning about and almost got a heart attack :D

frankly speaking, the first weeks and months it's tough to set up your mood right and prepare your mental health. induibtably, it will take many time for you and for any other traders who just entered trading activity. the matter here is to bear this time. just don't pay attention to your heart, emotions, try to suppress them but never do it so often, as it might be also harmful for your mental health.

as for the tips, then if you have opened a deal and you notice that you start bother about this deal, then just abstract and distract from it by doing something else, cleaning, cooking or something like that.

Moving from demo to live trading can be a daunting experience, but it's an important step to take if you want to become a successful trader. Make sure you have a solid trading plan and risk management strategy in place before you start live trading. It's also important to start with a small amount of capital and gradually increase it as you gain experience and confidence. Remember to keep your emotions in check and stick to your trading plan, even if you experience some losses along the way.

Good luck with your live trading journey!

Moving to live trading is a big milestone in your trading career, and I commend you for taking the leap! It's crucial to approach live trading with a well-defined strategy and disciplined mindset. Make sure you have thoroughly backtested your strategy on historical data and, if possible, practiced it in real-time with small position sizes. Emotions can play a significant role in live trading, so it's essential to keep them in check and not let fear or greed drive your decisions. Consider keeping a trading journal to track your trades and learn from both successes and failures. Remember, consistency and continuous learning are key to long-term success. Wishing you profitable trades ahead!

Back