MT4 acting funky

Celeryleaf, if you read the start of this thread-I HAD to roll back to 8, (which I was NOT very happy with considering all the steps I'd taken to prevent the update in the first place!!)
BUT, beware if you DO roll back, make sure you save EVERYTHING you need. I wasn't able to back-up before or after the forced update and I lost most of my documents, pictures and music. I also had to basically start from scratch with apps as the update and/or roll back had corrupted my hard drive. (I'd only had the computer for a little over a week).
To be honest? I've STILL continued to have problems with that computer, but luckily have my MAC, an older Windows 7 laptop and my iPad that I'm now using for trading. I've got a friend coming next week for my birthday and I told him I'm putting him to work-rebuilding the desktop AGAIN and start from scratch. The latest problem was with a program I use...USED...to remotely use the computer, called Splashtop. I got an email from them that because they were getting "serious security pings" from the computer, they were freezing my desktop. Uhmm...considering I hadn't even turned that computer ON for a week, we have NO idea WHY or HOW it could be sending out security risks!!

ALL of these strange problems have all been since that system upgraded to Windows 10. While I'm WELL aware that some are absolutely singing the praises of this new OS-I'm afraid between my family and friends who have either voluntarily upgraded or, like myself, been FORCED into the upgrade; we've all had nothing but problems.

And considering what WE, here at FOA, use our computers for, and the dangers inherent with security when your dealing with money over the computer; I, personally, am not going to risk anything on Windows 10, (or my messed up computer that was corrupted), for ANYTHING having to do with trading. Thank goodness I have other options!!
Good Luck!!
Thank you for sharing your experience! Im so disappointed with the forced upgrade idea... especially taking in consideration all the bugs and issues. Ugh!

I still don't understand why they thought the forced updates were a good idea from a purely PR viewpoint - there is a huge number of people who complain about these updates happening on their work computers running software that is not compatible with Win10. I've even heard of horror stories about hospital computers beginning the update during medical procedures. I don't understand why they went ahead with this idea.

I still don't understand why they thought the forced updates were a good idea from a purely PR viewpoint - there is a huge number of people who complain about these updates happening on their work computers running software that is not compatible with Win10. I've even heard of horror stories about hospital computers beginning the update during medical procedures. I don't understand why they went ahead with this idea.
Seriously? I havent heard about the hospitals. Thats the limit. And btw windows doesnt seem to me like a super popular option anymore. A lot of my friends (actually 80 percent of them) use mac. I was also thinking of getting an air or something... But Im so used to the windows! Its just outrageous.

Personally, I'm still waiting for Windows 9. :p

8cb00d8d0519b8dc0cf10e7e62a138167855ce6fb853fc26d063bfcb5baaafd1_1.jpg

Seriously? I havent heard about the hospitals. Thats the limit. And btw windows doesnt seem to me like a super popular option anymore. A lot of my friends (actually 80 percent of them) use mac. I was also thinking of getting an air or something... But Im so used to the windows! Its just outrageous.

Yes and i am also a Windows lover :p

I read that in the comments of a hospital worker talking underneath a news article about the updates that weren't made in any official capacity. Still, it's logical to think that is likely to happen, in case hospital computers run on Windows, which they probably do.
As for Mac, I have friends using Apple's products and they seem very nice, but I don't actually want to switch from Windows to something else, I just want Windows not to cause me any problems.

I have always wondered about that too. I guess they just wanted to be original and thought the names would stand out more if they just numbered them one after the other.

I have always wondered about that too. I guess they just wanted to be original and thought the names would stand out more if they just numbered them one after the other.
Im pretty sure theres some logic behind it. And we are not allowed at the backstage to know it :)

Back