MT4 acting funky

ElaineMDG

Corporal
up until the past 3-4 days, I haven't had ANY problems with the MT4 platform. Now-my S & R lines disappear after about 24 hours, and on every chart-it looks like there's a horizontal line "stuck" to the price-moving up & down with it just a pip or so away-but it's not listed under my indicators. I rechecked all my settings-they're the same as they've been for 4 months & using Demo & Micro accounts with 2 different brokers (one of which was discontinued).

Any ideas?

up until the past 3-4 days, I haven't had ANY problems with the MT4 platform. Now-my S & R lines disappear after about 24 hours, and on every chart-it looks like there's a horizontal line "stuck" to the price-moving up & down with it just a pip or so away-but it's not listed under my indicators. I rechecked all my settings-they're the same as they've been for 4 months & using Demo & Micro accounts with 2 different brokers (one of which was discontinued).

Any ideas?
strange. maybe the problem is your MT4 are took tioo much memories?

strange. maybe the problem is your MT4 are took tioo much memories?
I uninstalled & reinstalled yesterday, Tuesday. At first, it was acting fine, I redrew my S & R lines, trend lines & channels on several pairs I'm watching. Everything saved just fine until earlier tonight-I opened it & once again, the charts were "naked" again AND 2 pending orders had disappeared, (there was a record of me placing them, but nowhere did it say why they'd been deleted).
Maybe my computer is still possessed.... :cool: (I've had a few problems with other programs since I uninstalled Windows 10 and reinstalled 8-BUT, those were programs I hadn't done a fresh install. My MT4 platform has been reinstalled twice since that mess)

I don't know what kinds the cause these problem, maybe problem on broker that not yet recorded pending order dissappear, or maybe problem on windows operating system

There's a more pressing question than MT4 acting funky. The question is, will it lay down the boogie and play that funky music? :D

There's a more pressing question than MT4 acting funky. The question is, will it lay down the boogie and play that funky music? :D

Wow, you're just full of nostalgia tonight, huh??!! :D I actually saw these guys perform at an FSU homecoming concert-opened for the BeeGees. Can't remember exactly which year it was-either '76 or '77...maybe '78, lol-I DO remember sneaking into the stadium though. 3 of my friends and I were supposed to be at a "CYO" meeting at church. :cool:
The church was right across from campus. Luckily, the couple who ran the CYO meetings were just students themselves and although we got a lecture about "corrupting the minds" of Suzie's twin younger sisters (they were only about 13-but knew more about sex, drugs, & rock & roll than Suzie & I put together); they didn't say anything to their parents. Lol, we got "assignments" to do to make-up for our little journey-I'll ALWAYS remember what I did- I had to do something to "show spirituality" of some modern music. (We actually had a Rock Band at Mass in those days-my first experience singing in a band! ;)). I did a lot of photography back then & did a "filmstrip" that went with Pink Floyd's "Time". NO idea what it had to do with "spirituality", but I took a whole bunch of really cool cemetery pictures!! :rolleyes:

Any ideas?
Perhaps you didn't close the MT4 properly (maybe PC crashed). I've seen it happen on my MT4 when pc crashes, all S/R lines are missing after that.

:mad:THANK YOU!! I bet that's what it is!! I actually noticed yesterday afternoon, after the markets closed & I was shutting the desktop down; even though I *thought* I'd closed down MT4, that window popped up asking if I wanted to "force" a shutdown. I just don't understand what else I was supposed to do to shut it down in the first place....going to go see if I can find something on shutting it down correctly. As I said, I've had several strange problems with programs that I never had problems with before-ever since I downgraded from Windows 10 & reinstalled 8.1. I *thought* just reinstalling MT4 would correct any corrupted files...maybe not. Dang Microsoft...that FORCED install that I TRIED to prevent, has caused nothing but problems!!! :mad:

Back