MT4 acting funky

What types of problems :)
Now theres an issue with the start button both on desktop and on the keyboard. Theres some error (it makes the system reload) and I tried to get rid of it with no effect. Some forums say I have to wait for and update and the problem will go away with no extra efforts but Ive had it for quite some time and I hate it. Sometimes it goes away like everything is normal and sometimes its back. I decided not to pay attention but its quite dangerous if I trade and accidentally push this button - the system reloads and my trading process is off. UGH! So I have to trade on another PC that is older and dumber.

I think that it is time to go back to the Windows XP :D

WinXP isn't being updated by Microsoft anymore. A number of essential software wouldn't be compatible with it anymore, like the newer versions of Java, for example. I wouldn't recommend going back to it.

Reinstall Windows should be the best way now and you shouldn't use the trading desktop. Most trader have 2 separate machines for trading and working, even another one for entertaining.

Reinstall Windows should be the best way now and you shouldn't use the trading desktop. Most trader have 2 separate machines for trading and working, even another one for entertaining.

You talk about rather rich and professional traders :) Actually forex is mostly flooded by newbies

True. When I first noticed this I was surprised but then I realized its quite convenient. Especially if you spend quite a lot of time trading

True. When I first noticed this I was surprised but then I realized its quite convenient. Especially if you spend quite a lot of time trading
Celeryleaf, if you read the start of this thread-I HAD to roll back to 8, (which I was NOT very happy with considering all the steps I'd taken to prevent the update in the first place!!)
BUT, beware if you DO roll back, make sure you save EVERYTHING you need. I wasn't able to back-up before or after the forced update and I lost most of my documents, pictures and music. I also had to basically start from scratch with apps as the update and/or roll back had corrupted my hard drive. (I'd only had the computer for a little over a week).
To be honest? I've STILL continued to have problems with that computer, but luckily have my MAC, an older Windows 7 laptop and my iPad that I'm now using for trading. I've got a friend coming next week for my birthday and I told him I'm putting him to work-rebuilding the desktop AGAIN and start from scratch. The latest problem was with a program I use...USED...to remotely use the computer, called Splashtop. I got an email from them that because they were getting "serious security pings" from the computer, they were freezing my desktop. Uhmm...considering I hadn't even turned that computer ON for a week, we have NO idea WHY or HOW it could be sending out security risks!!

ALL of these strange problems have all been since that system upgraded to Windows 10. While I'm WELL aware that some are absolutely singing the praises of this new OS-I'm afraid between my family and friends who have either voluntarily upgraded or, like myself, been FORCED into the upgrade; we've all had nothing but problems.

And considering what WE, here at FOA, use our computers for, and the dangers inherent with security when your dealing with money over the computer; I, personally, am not going to risk anything on Windows 10, (or my messed up computer that was corrupted), for ANYTHING having to do with trading. Thank goodness I have other options!!
Good Luck!!

Back