MT4 Config

rpaco

Sergeant
Does anyone know of a tips/info site for configuring MT4 please. Or at least tell me how to set cross hairs as the default. I am sure it is a config file somewhere but cannot find any info on it. I have also looked in the help file with no luck.

I tried

Hey rpaco,

I tried to tackle this for you by going through the terminal.ini file and even experimented with some things but there is no handle there from what I could tell. It may be hard coded in the software.

Meanwhile just in case you or others don't already know:

Turning Metatrader crosshair ON:

Key shortcut is
CTRL-F

And mechanical shortcut is
Wheelmouse wheel-as-button depressed.

Turning crosshair OFF:

Left Click of mouse

Obtaining info on travel from center of crosshair is

Left click and drag

Readout is 3 items: # of bars / # of pips / price level of new location of " + "

(This action turns off crosshair when left button is released - probably why rpaco wants to make it stay on)

Cheers,
Cyclon

8- )

Yes thanks my wavey friend.
I have also been poking in the chart and terminal config files to no avail. The centre mouse button was new to me so thanks it makes things much quicker in your system, when checking levels and inclinations of various secret items.

My pleasure

Yes thanks my wavey friend.
I have also been poking in the chart and terminal config files to no avail. The centre mouse button was new to me so thanks it makes things much quicker in your system, when checking levels and inclinations of various secret items.

My pleasure

8- )

Cheers,
Cyclon

Back