MT4 Infected by virus! Help!

joneyhamps

Recruit
So I have been downloading decompiled EA's from another trading robot forum (which shall remain nameless) and it looks like karma has come back to bite me as I seem to have a virus on my computer. I tried bitdefender and Kapersky but they have not seemed to get rid of it. My MT4 keeps crashing and freezing up and I cant trade.
Has anyone had a similar problem? What can I do?

Sometimes, there is justice in the universe. :p

First, if this is a live account, call your broker and change the password. Don't login to your account again until you are SURE that your PC is clean.

Uninstall MT4. Delete the directory it was in if the uninstall doesn't kill that. Delete anything downloaded from the crack site. Empty your trashbin (probably unnecessary, but why take chances). Run a full anti-virus scan (those .zip files might have more than just MT4 surprises in them). If you come up clean, then download a fresh copy of MT4 from your broker and see if it works - using a demo account, not your live account.

If the problem persists after all of the above, consider the 3 Rs. Repent. Reformat. Reinstall.

Last edited:
Back