MT4 on MAC

kamoro

Private, 1st Class
I am considering to get a new computer and have looked at an Apple MAC.
Has any one any experienec using MT4 on a MAC?
Any comments much appreciated.
Thank you

mac metatrader4

u need to run bootcamp on the mac which in turns runs xp or vistas for metatrader. I would not recommend parallels (where you can run apple os and microsoft at same time). run the bootcamp and switch back to apple os when you want mac features. I have both macs and sonyvaio/dells...I like the mac just don't like the fact forex trading platforms are built for microsoft os. hope this helps. by the way, XP works GREAT on the mac.

i have used mt4 before, cant see it being a issue if you run it from a mac as long as it is downloaded from a good souce :)

As Linux and MacOS are closely related being part of a larger UNIX family, you can use WINE to run MT4 on a MAC.

There is a Metatrader 4 on Linux howto at Howto: Metatrader 4 under LINUX which should help you. I've also heard that Crossover on the Mac can also run it.

Trying to use MT4 on a mac is a bloody nitemare, my friend has just bought a mac and he said not only is it a nightmare with forex packages but generally wishes he had bout a normal stright forward pc with windows, however im waffling on i downloaded MT4 from a website called www.foreliveroom.com and its under trading tools

I trade on a mac using vmware fusion and it's great. No problems whatsoever. I have 2 screens so have windows on one and mac on the other side.

Back