1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MT4 on MAC

Discussion in 'General Forex Talk' started by kamoro, Jun 25, 2009.

1. kamoro

kamoro Private, 1st Class

I am considering to get a new computer and have looked at an Apple MAC.
    Has any one any experienec using MT4 on a MAC?
    Any comments much appreciated.
    Thank you

2. zooper

zooper Recruit

mac metatrader4

u need to run bootcamp on the mac which in turns runs xp or vistas for metatrader. I would not recommend parallels (where you can run apple os and microsoft at same time). run the bootcamp and switch back to apple os when you want mac features. I have both macs and sonyvaio/dells...I like the mac just don't like the fact forex trading platforms are built for microsoft os. hope this helps. by the way, XP works GREAT on the mac.

3. townage

townage Recruit

i have used mt4 before, cant see it being a issue if you run it from a mac as long as it is downloaded from a good souce :)

4. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers FXCM Representative

Another option is to use MT4 on a VPS and then you can access the VPS from your Mac.

5. fxfrench

fxfrench FXOpen AU Representative

As Linux and MacOS are closely related being part of a larger UNIX family, you can use WINE to run MT4 on a MAC.

There is a Metatrader 4 on Linux howto at Howto: Metatrader 4 under LINUX which should help you. I've also heard that Crossover on the Mac can also run it.

6. townage

townage Recruit

Trying to use MT4 on a mac is a bloody nitemare, my friend has just bought a mac and he said not only is it a nightmare with forex packages but generally wishes he had bout a normal stright forward pc with windows, however im waffling on i downloaded MT4 from a website called www.foreliveroom.com and its under trading tools

7. brycer

brycer Private

I trade on a mac using vmware fusion and it's great. No problems whatsoever. I have 2 screens so have windows on one and mac on the other side.