MT4 under Wine

Thos1087

Private, 1st Class
Hi there,

There is a cheap VPS using a Linux OS which looks good but do folks have issues with running MT4 under wine ???

Comments appreciated.

I don't have much experience using Linux operating system, but yesterday I try to install wine to run the MT4 trading platform, and it works. Using Kubuntu is still so much complicated how to work, but this is interesting.

Also never tried Linux. I use a cheap windows one specifically designed to handle MT4 (says in the product description).

Also never tried Linux. I use a cheap windows one specifically designed to handle MT4 (says in the product description).
Windows is easier to use compared to Linux, how to install software usually uses a command-line called terminal type certain code to install software which is usually stored in the repository. before being able to install mt4, first, need to install wine.

I use MT5 and MT4 under Wine without any issues. You can run it and leave it running for months or longer, no problems.
Even selling computing power to MQL5 backtests works, in MT5 Strategy Tester.

Hi there,

There is a cheap VPS using a Linux OS which looks good but do folks have issues with running MT4 under wine ???

Comments appreciated.

Wine is good, but you may face limitations in use and performance issues which naturally arise from the fact that you don't use the app on its native platform. It's worth to try but I wouldn't try to save on this if you intend to invest decently into trading.

Hi there,

Comments appreciated.
As far I know, MT4 on wine is not that stable, like on Windows. I know, VPS on Linux are much cheaper than VPS on Windows but time which you spend to set up and checking terminal "is everything is ok" is not worth this. Regards Greg

Windows I think the best operating system for running the MT4 trading platform compared to Linux, but if traders only have devices using Linux, using Wine is a solution to running the trading platform.

Back