MT5

Rambo35

Corporal
A lot of retail traders use the MT4 trading platform which explains why it has become the most popular trading platform and almost every broker offers it to clients. While the opinion differs when it comes to how good the platform really is, I think it is as good as you make it to be.

I am not saying it is the best trading platform out there, but it is a good platform to use. Personally I prefer cTrader over MT. MetaQuotes has released their MT5 platform ages ago and in my opinion it is much worse than MT4 as it was designed with the US regulatory framework in mind and therefore makes it a terrible platform.

Most brokers do not offer it, or at least not yet, and I think it is a good think that they don't, but I wonder at what point MetaQuotes will stop offering and supporting MT4 as it has done with MT3. I am wondering if they will be able to ever do so as forex was much less popular during the era of MT3.

I think too many MT4 platforms are out there and if MetaQuotes stops supporting MT4 they are bound to lose plenty of business. Either way I think it is an interesting development to follow on the side.

Any thoughts on this from you guys?

I think if MQ doesn't come out and publicly state that the newest updates to MT4 and MT5 will block abusive plugins, their days as the dominant maker of forex trading platforms are numbered.

I think if MQ doesn't come out and publicly state that the newest updates to MT4 and MT5 will block abusive plugins, their days as the dominant maker of forex trading platforms are numbered.

I agree that they do have to do something otherwise they will crash and burn. Maybe cTrader will pick up the pieces.

I think MT5 is a good option that deserves attention. It has added quite a lot of assets and tools for technical analysis that can be used by any trader. Well, everyone has different tastes and views, preferences...

I wouldn't say it's worse, it's just a bit different in functionality, everyone chooses what they like more - that's all. And in general, it's better to check everything in practice, what doesn't suit me - maybe it's the best option for you ... and vice versa! Lol!

Often lately I have seen comparisons of mt4 and mt5 on the Internet, which are very popular among traders.
Many note that mt5 has become more full, while mt4 is much more dynamic, which is optimal for short-term trading.

The MT5 interface has a similar layout. MT5 provides Market depth, has more timeframes and additional services.

Everyone has to choose what suits him, because each of us has its own specific requirements and this must be taken into account. Sometimes what's good for me may be totally unsuitable for you. And there's nothing wrong with that. It once again proves the truth - how many traders - so many strategies...

Back