MTI ( Market Traders Institute) Rineg on "30 days unsatisfied re-embersment."

VincentR

Private
Late May 2015 I signed up with Market Traders Institute (MTI) . Being reassured in a conversation with Juan Feliciano "that if I'm unsatisfied within 30 days I could request my refund back , which would happen 100% and termination of education and further costs effective immediately." ..... NO ! So , got the contract, and then read .... to obtain refund I have to complete a simple 3 step educational plan .. Then I can get my full refund ... NO!.... I did complete the 3 steps - easy enough- but they said ... NO ..! According to them I didn't finish stage 3. NOT ... So... Got burnt, Cut your losses, move on ....I thought... buttt...... Having messaged them , which they acknowledged, to leave the program I received notices asking for "payments " - No ! I left your program....YES . NO - apparently. So last night got a message from a repo agency stating failure to pay debt will result in their ability to withdraw from my bank account within 24 hours..... Any ideas , anyone? , - empty the bank account, close it , ... I'm really stressing, the wife will "spit tacks" - it's some serious coinage , if you're as broke as us - after all that's why I got into this .
Would very much appreciate any ideas to help save my butt.

Late May 2015 I signed up with Market Traders Institute (MTI) . Being reassured in a conversation with Juan Feliciano "that if I'm unsatisfied within 30 days I could request my refund back , which would happen 100% and termination of education and further costs effective immediately." ..... NO ! So , got the contract, and then read .... to obtain refund I have to complete a simple 3 step educational plan .. Then I can get my full refund ... NO!.... I did complete the 3 steps - easy enough- but they said ... NO ..! According to them I didn't finish stage 3. NOT ... So... Got burnt, Cut your losses, move on ....I thought... buttt...... Having messaged them , which they acknowledged, to leave the program I received notices asking for "payments " - No ! I left your program....YES . NO - apparently. So last night got a message from a repo agency stating failure to pay debt will result in their ability to withdraw from my bank account within 24 hours..... Any ideas , anyone? , - empty the bank account, close it , ... I'm really stressing, the wife will "spit tacks" - it's some serious coinage , if you're as broke as us - after all that's why I got into this .
Would very much appreciate any ideas to help save my butt.
Vincent--if you paid by creditcard and if you have proof that you completed the "3 step refund plan" you might be able to go to your creditcard to request a "chargeback" because of fraud. make sure that you have made any payments that your contract required and that you have real proof that you completed that third step--if step 3 requires taking a bunch of quizzes, for instance, take screenshots of your completed quiz scores: you don't want to have to rely on mti out of the goodness of its cold, greedy heart to keep a record of your results. good luck in getting your money back!--feaisland55

Vincent--if you paid by creditcard and if you have proof that you completed the "3 step refund plan" you might be able to go to your creditcard to request a "chargeback" because of fraud. make sure that you have made any payments that your contract required and that you have real proof that you completed that third step--if step 3 requires taking a bunch of quizzes, for instance, take screenshots of your completed quiz scores: you don't want to have to rely on mti out of the goodness of its cold, greedy heart to keep a record of your results. good luck in getting your money back!--feaisland55
Thanks for the most comforting encouragement for a positive outlook f.55
My re-embersment of my initial 1st installment isn't my prime concern though . It's the fact that they've sent a debt collector to take the full amount of a years subscription automatically out of my bank - even though I messaged them within the 30 day "default". period telling of my wanting to stop their program - at least twice - which I got replies stating my request had been noted and put forward to the appropriate person , section .
I did not pay by credit card , wire transfer , and the 3rd step was simply logging into their members only area , participating in some live ( watching, attending) trading rooms or viewing replays of past webinars they had recorded .
I'm sure this should be logged in on my P.C somewhere- past history, what I viewed , when , times ..etc-
But being as computer illiterate as I am , I just can't figure where .
I have not paid a dime since my one only "joining, signup". and although I received messages from telling me my next monthly fee was late, unpaid , options- if you pay now I will get discounts etc. I simply let them slide , as by now I just hated their false pretenses , .... putting it mildly . I figured "I told you I was out , what more can I do .!?"
So .... I'm freaking the debt collectors going into my bank and grabbing whatever they can .

Have a chat with the fraud department at your bank about this. If you really owe money, in the US there's a long legal procedure to verify the facts before anyone can lock down your bank balance. It sounds like you were fed a line of BS. You may also want to call your state's consumer protection office about this.

Have a chat with the fraud department at your bank about this. If you really owe money, in the US there's a long legal procedure to verify the facts before anyone can lock down your bank balance. It sounds like you were fed a line of BS. You may also want to call your state's consumer protection office about this.
Thanks very much for ideas and words of wisdom Pharaoh.
They are really great to receive.
I will and am doing all that , bit of a language barrier here in Japan but not impossible.
Closing my account...?
Would that safeguard my position you think?
Note : I got a ring from MTI this morning, still hounding me for the owed $7 + grand .
Stating they have no such clause of a "cool off period ". or so 30 days to commit or chance to stop and pull out of the contract .
I'm really getting worried and stressed over this ..... but shell keep stepping forward , plodding along .
Thanks again , just to know someone else is their to add any input is massive.
Have a great day.

VincentR--You are in Japan, right? I don't know much about international or Japanese laws or procedures, but in the USA the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and related statutes might actually apply to stop MTI from using an agent abroad to collect debt that may be fraudulent under our laws here or to collect debt in ways that are not legal here. I assume you signed some "contract" on the internet, and under international internet law I think that you(Vincent) have to understand what you are signing for the agreement to be valid. If there is any doubt that you are totally fluent in English legalese, even if you in error signed that you understood all its terms, your "contract" might be null, void, unenforceable. You probably must understand the contract for them to hold you to it! (I think). Good luck! May that company rot in Hell. --feaisland55

VincentR--You are in Japan, right? I don't know much about international or Japanese laws or procedures, but in the USA the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and related statutes might actually apply to stop MTI from using an agent abroad to collect debt that may be fraudulent under our laws here or to collect debt in ways that are not legal here. I assume you signed some "contract" on the internet, and under international internet law I think that you(Vincent) have to understand what you are signing for the agreement to be valid. If there is any doubt that you are totally fluent in English legalese, even if you in error signed that you understood all its terms, your "contract" might be null, void, unenforceable. You probably must understand the contract for them to hold you to it! (I think). Good luck! May that company rot in Hell. --feaisland55

Thankyou so very much . feaisland.
That's pretty well much it on the nail.
At the time I was very unsure of how this contract really applied itself, pretty well much did a really dumb thing jumping in - which in my bones felt so wrong- and even the signing, all via Internet, was very new and uncharted territory for me .
Yes in Japan and extra thankful for it now .
I got a message from Pharoah too and I jumped on his good advice as well.
With our grandson recently making the NZ swimming team , no dad , but olympics on the horizon, were scraping every penny together we can to give him a boost , ( while I'm trying to learn how to trade ....)
so a $7g ( US.) deficit would have major hang ups for me considering .
This message from you and your team has a major impact on my sleeps at night and life , day by day ,
In general.
You are a fantastic team , a Gem amounts gems . Your "behind the scenes " work is nowhere left unseen from these eyes and warmth of heart truly felt .
Thank you for being there .
Yours sincerely,
Vincent.C. Riley.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back