Multiple copies of Meta Trader 4 on one computer

irongoose

Private, 1st Class
I was thinking about opening a demo account with another broker and I'll have to download their MetaTrader 4 because they told me I wouldn't be able to access them using the MetaTrader 4 that I currently use with my live account. Then it dawned on me I might have problems with two MetaTraders loaded on my computer and the last thing I want to happen is the demo starts screwing up the live account MetaTrader. So I'd like to know if anyone has ever had any problems running two different MetaTraders from two different brokers on the same computer at the same time?

No never had any problems running 3 live MT4 platforms at a time all different brokers, Also never had a drama running 2 live accounts on different MT4 platforms with same broker:)

Having said that I have herd of someone having duplicated trades (open trade on one platform and duplicates it on another platform) but I think it may of been because of a trade copier they downloaded in the past;)

No never had any problems running 3 live MT4 platforms at a time all different brokers, Also never had a drama running 2 live accounts on different MT4 platforms with same broker:)

Having said that I have herd of someone having duplicated trades (open trade on one platform and duplicates it on another platform) but I think it may of been because of a trade copier they downloaded in the past;)

Thanks for responding to my question. :)

I was thinking about opening a demo account with another broker and I'll have to download their MetaTrader 4 because they told me I wouldn't be able to access them using the MetaTrader 4 that I currently use with my live account. Then it dawned on me I might have problems with two MetaTraders loaded on my computer and the last thing I want to happen is the demo starts screwing up the live account MetaTrader. So I'd like to know if anyone has ever had any problems running two different MetaTraders from two different brokers on the same computer at the same time?

Even you have same broker with MT4 usage also not a problem at all. You just need to install twice, change the File name during installation, then everything will works fine.:rolleyes:

Even you have same broker with MT4 usage also not a problem at all. You just need to install twice, change the File name during installation, then everything will works fine.:rolleyes:

This is only in the case when using two MT4s with the same broker and not two different MT4s with different brokers?

This is only in the case when using two MT4s with the same broker and not two different MT4s with different brokers?

Yeah. You can even open 2 MT4 with same broker at the same time by using this method. If different broker, just install everything default and there won't be any problem at all.:D

I found, a least for me, that it is much easier if I have a dual or even triple monitor setup so that I can have one on each monitor.

I found, a least for me, that it is much easier if I have a dual or even triple monitor setup so that I can have one on each monitor.

Multiple monitor setup aren't for MT4 platform. It is more on chart because you can know what's happening with a glance instead of clicking here and there. Multiple monitor are not suitable to use MT4 in my opinion, you can use such as Ninja Trader, Web Trader or Pro Real Time as a choice when you use multiple screen.

I never had such a problem of downloading separate mt4 for demo account, all you need to do is to change the account number and required server for trading and then use the same mt4 for all kinds of your real account types and any demo account you are running.

I never had such a problem of downloading separate mt4 for demo account, all you need to do is to change the account number and required server for trading and then use the same mt4 for all kinds of your real account types and any demo account you are running.

This is a good way, but it couldn't run simultaneously. What I taught him earlier is let's say he have 2 Alpari real account, many people doesn't know they actually can open 2 Alpari MT4 with different account running together. So the solution I taught can be use if for those who love to use a different EA with same broker.:p

Back