1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple MetaTraders

Discussion in 'Beginners Bootcamp' started by Quixoticjoe, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Quixoticjoe

Quixoticjoe Recruit

Is it possible to install multiple copies of metatrader in different folders and have them all linked to the same account? I want to display different charts on 6 monitors, but I want all charts from the same account.

Thank You

2. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

It should be possible to to it just like you described. To make 100% sure, please call UPS and have your system with 6 monitors shipped to me. I'll test it out for a couple of years for you.
    ;)

Just don't put conflicting trailing stops on the different copies. If you do, the closest one will activate. Trailing stops are run from your copy of MT4, not in the server.

3. automatedtrading

I think it shouldn't use like that, because this can be conflict in your trade so that all the trade doesn't happen or something else is weird

4. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

Maybe, maybe not. If he's running an EA on the same pair on each copy, there could potentially be conflicts or too many trades could be opened in the same direction, thus placing the account at too much risk. If he wants to view multiple charts, but only trade from one copy at a time, then there would be no conflicts.