My account was automatically traded by Fortfs

oscarra,

I have to question the wisdom of the review you have linked to to. There are many unsubstantiated accusations contained in it and if this thread ends up as a flaming match, we risk losing Marks input. At least now we have an opportunity to engage with the broker.

Nobody here thinks that this company is operating out of the USA(as inferred by the review), or even SVG for that matter.

There are many reasons to register a company in SVG as it provides many benefits for the company including low taxes. There are also benefits for the traders in that many jurisdictions have some arduous regulatory requirements. An example is Europe and the 50:1 leverage restriction. Take FBS as an example, being registered in Belize and is a great broker.

That said, what I would like to see is more transparency from these brokers. FortFS info is hidden, so you cannot find out who the directors are. They are represented by a law firm and have the same physical address in SVG as some other brokers that are known for their dodgy tricks. That is not good but we are going off-topic now......

So who is the Owner, CEO & directors of FortFS?

Nobody here thinks that this company is operating out of the USA(as inferred by the review), or even SVG for that matter.

Their website makes that clear in their footer and their regulation page.

fpa fortfs svg registration NOT regulation deception.png

And also in their FAQ page:

fpa fortfs Q-A about license regulation belize vs svg larger.png

Which revealed another rabbit hole:

a) why do they have a license # that is connected to a dodgy outfit Sigma-Markets.com ?

b) why is a company called "Fort Financial Services Ltd." on a list of brokers whose IFSC license was not renewed in 2019?

I do know that if the regulation existed (and was current), it would be prominently displayed on their website. But who am I kidding. Belize vs SVG? I can't be bothered.

As a side note, there was also a case study done by SVG FSA showing how a dodgy broker used SVG business regulation to project a sense of legitimacy http://svgfsa.com/alert-2-of-2017-tallinex-limited/

In fact, based on this post and the previous one, I will request @AsstModerator @FPA Forums Team update FortFS and all other SVG "located" brokers with the warning from SVG FSA regarding the lack of regulation.

and about FortFS's current lack of regulation.

There are many reasons to register a company in SVG as it provides many benefits for the company including low taxes. There are also benefits for the traders in that many jurisdictions have some arduous regulatory requirements. An example is Europe and the 50:1 leverage restriction. Take FBS as an example, being registered in Belize and is a great broker.

These benefits you list do not extend to offering forex trading, crypto trading/exchange, or binary options. The SVG says so in their own words that they do not regulate these industries. Anyone who claims OR infers regulation from SVG is being deceptive. Just like in their recent case study.

If FBS is your best example, I wish you all the best in your forex trading. Several scam fx brokers [re-]located there. You want to go off-topic? List here or PM me any two brokers who are 100% agency model that are in SVG or Belize.

That said, what I would like to see is more transparency from these brokers. FortFS info is hidden, so you cannot find out who the directors are. They are represented by a law firm and have the same physical address in SVG as some other brokers that are known for their dodgy tricks. That is not good but we are going off-topic now......

So who is the Owner, CEO & directors of FortFS?

Would be great info, but not too relevant. FortFS are unregulated and there is ZERO recourse for the trader (except for FPA pressure in some limited cases a broker may somehow be convinced to pay up/return what was taken unjustly from trader).

Anyway, I think I am done for a while. More than enough to make an informed decision.

Attachments

• Public-Notice-For-Licencees-who-did-not-Applied-for-its-2019-Licence-Renewal.pdf
    129.3 KB · Views: 6
FortFS are unregulated and there is ZERO recourse for the trader (except for FPA pressure in some limited cases a broker may somehow be convinced to pay up/return what was taken unjustly from trader).

I think we are talking at cross purposes here. You make some valid points and your questions should be answered here. Compare the information you produced in your post with that of the review referenced previously. I am sure you will agree your evidence is well founded and is streets ahead of the unsubstantiated accusations in the review.

I simply believe that for FPA to maintain credibility we need to hear balanced arguments. If we always shout scam at the first sight of something we don't like then brokers will not come here to answer our concerns and FPA will start to lose leverage when that happens.

Hello, compu-forex,

We are happy to hear that you are a client of ours and never had any problems – especially on the forum with an inherent anti-broker bias.

Despite the sudden witch-hunt in this thread, we will try to provide sufficient answers to all the relevant questions about the incident.

When a trade is opened and closed straight away, where does the money go(the spread cost)? Is that trade still routed to your LP, or is it processed within your bridge system. In other words, the money that leaves the traders account.......is it in your account, or that of your liquidity providers?

Our hedging system is based on 2 different ways of transferring trades to the LP.

1. Transactions, transferred according to the first model, are aggregated by the total volume and are sent to the LP in "slices" with a certain volume step. This model, in the first place, allows to work correctly with cent accounts, as well as to work optimally with fixed spreads. The counterparty to the trades is LP, not the broker.

2. Transactions, transferred according to the second model, use straight-through processing: the trading platform waits for a direct response on the execution from the LP and transfers the response to the client. The counterparty here is also LP, not a broker.

Both methods are combined by our Smart bridge, which makes a decision about the model of work with each order based on several factors: the type of LP, which spread is better, what the statistics of execution in the past is, the priority of execution, etc.

Without any exceptions, all the trading volume one way or another is transferred to LP providers. The company does not act as a counterparty to transactions.

I understand this is why brokers do not like certain types of high speed trading strategies as it leaves them exposed to the trade outcome without being able to route the trades to your LP in time.

You can see in the provided statement that the trades made by our client are not high-speed, they were not made during the news.

Therefore, we are not quite sure why we are talking about high-speed trading here.

In order to avoid changing the direction of the discussion, we want to remind the dry facts.

In his post, the client claims that the deals were not made by him personally. For its part, the company has openly provided all the logs of the trading server relevant to the situation.

You can see in these logs that authorization and trading on the account took place from several IP addresses. It is absolutely within the realm of possibility that some of the trading took place on VPS with the Expert Advisor installed.

Obviously, we cannot confirm or deny this, but, acting within the framework of regulatory documents, we also cannot cancel transactions that have passed the proper identification procedure on the trading server using the trading password, which is known only to the client.

The Company's trading server stores the password in an encrypted form. Neither an employee of the company nor any other person, except for the client himself, can get access to the decrypted password. MetaTrader 4/5 platform works according to its protected proprietary protocol and the broker has no technical possibility to see this password. The only thing the broker can do with the password is to reset it to a new one upon the client's request.

We hope this information brings a closure to the unfounded and, frankly, highly unfair accusations of the company.

I think we are talking at cross purposes here. You make some valid points and your questions should be answered here. Compare the information you produced in your post with that of the review referenced previously. I am sure you will agree your evidence is well founded and is streets ahead of the unsubstantiated accusations in the review.

I simply believe that for FPA to maintain credibility we need to hear balanced arguments. If we always shout scam at the first sight of something we don't like then brokers will not come here to answer our concerns and FPA will start to lose leverage when that happens.
FPA got system where we can invite company to make their part. FPA never marked scammed label to any company on single complaint, in other hand we always appreciate the Rep involvement to bring proper resolution on the issue :)

Back