My Story my Sytem KISS

Not yet through on CENTER OF GRAVITY

Not yet through on the COG problem of loading into my MT4 indicators list . Here are steps i took .
1. i open the attachment
2. clicked on center of gravity
3. a page opened with 'desktop' at the top bar where 'save in' is written
and i opened it .
4. another page opened with all the icons on desktop on it and i clicked on MT4 .
5. all that opened was my MT4 trading platform with the bar chart opened . Please i am still in need of your help because i am a new trader and that yopur system interest me so much .
Thank u .

Not yet through on the COG problem of loading into my MT4 indicators list . Here are steps i took .
1. i open the attachment
2. clicked on center of gravity
3. a page opened with 'desktop' at the top bar where 'save in' is written
and i opened it .
4. another page opened with all the icons on desktop on it and i clicked on MT4 .
5. all that opened was my MT4 trading platform with the bar chart opened . Please i am still in need of your help because i am a new trader and that yopur system interest me so much .
Thank u .

Sorry I'm out of town at the moment no the best access
OK Have you managed to down load the indicator if yes do not try t o open it just cut and paste into your MT4 staion under "C" drive -program files -MT4 -experts - indicators.

then it should be in your custom indicators list then just drag into your charts

Can you send me a screen shot of what you are doing

Last edited:
Your story was very interesting and the "COG system" looks pretty promising, onshore. Thanks for sharing.

I got a few details to clarify though.

1. If I understand correctly sell or buy should be executed on _close_ of the next 4H candle (red or green) after hitting green/gold line of COG indicator, right?

2. What if the green line was hit initially, but moves away a bit after closing this next 4H candle (did happen to me on EUR/USD right now) and the candle before doesn't cross it anymore? Still valid signal? In other way - should the candle before the last still touch or cross the COG line while selling/buying or is it enough it did 4 hours ago?

3. What if the sell/buy candle is pretty big and closes near or even on the other side if the blue COG line? Still valid? More risky?

4. How do you decide exact SL/TP distances? You gave us only ranges. Do you have preset values per pair (if yes, could you tell what they are) or is it more like "what guts tell me" thing?

5. Do you think some pairs are particularly good for this system or is it universal and it doesn't matter (obvious concerns like spread and liquidity aside).

Many questions, I know, but I'd like to have the rules as precise as possible. Planning to write a little EA to backtest your strategy.

It has a few traits I like very much. Like: simplicity, it's well defined (aside from SL/TP) and doesn't require staring at charts whole day, just each 4 hours. And the set and forget rule after entering the market - I like it very much :)

The success/failure ratio remains to be tested :) Maybe you have some kind of journal or statistics from the times you used this method? Then you could estimate it perhaps? Like 60/40% or 70/30% or whatever.

Anyway, time to finish my already too long post...

Your story was very interesting and the "COG system" looks pretty promising, onshore. Thanks for sharing.

ha the story only scratches the surface

I got a few details to clarify though.

1. If I understand correctly sell or buy should be executed on _close_ of the next 4H candle (red or green) after hitting green/gold line of COG indicator, right?

Entering is a little subjective I take in to consideration a few things

Support and resistance i look at daily and 1H charts to see whats happening.

And The CCI to see if it's over sold.
Basically I am trying to trade retracments after a move up or down.
If you look at the cable on 4H charts it's up moves are around 200 to 300 pips give or take and retracements are around 100 to 200 it seems to move in seqences this is people taking profits usually.

2. What if the green line was hit initially, but moves away a bit after closing this next 4H candle (did happen to me on EUR/USD right now) and the candle before doesn't cross it anymore? Still valid signal? In other way - should the candle before the last still touch or cross the COG line while selling/buying or is it enough it did 4 hours ago?

Once again subjective if you are in the trade walk away this is the beauty of this system it stops indecision and over trading.

3. What if the sell/buy candle is pretty big and closes near or even on the other side if the blue COG line? Still valid? More risky?

Still looking for the retacement does not matter over or on the line just means more likley to retrace

4. How do you decide exact SL/TP distances? You gave us only ranges. Do you have preset values per pair (if yes, could you tell what they are) or is it more like "what guts tell me" thing?

I use 35 to 45 SL and 45 to 55 Tp it depends on as you said before how big is the candle is it likley to head back that far.
Once agian each pair has almost what is called symetrical moves it goes up certain amount then retraces a certain amount if you look there is a pattern most times
UNLESS there is some really good or bad news then you should trade Felix's news trading system.

5. Do you think some pairs are particularly good for this system or is it universal and it doesn't matter (obvious concerns like spread and liquidity aside).

[COLOR="purple"]I only use pairs with 4 pips spread or less apart form NZd?USD only beacuse I live in NZ and there is some good news trades to be had.

Many questions, I know, but I'd like to have the rules as precise as possible. Planning to write a little EA to backtest your strategy.

It takes time to get a "feel" for it I am still learning and appreciate any input BUT it has to be simple because I AM

It has a few traits I like very much. Like: simplicity, it's well defined (aside from SL/TP) and doesn't require staring at charts whole day, just each 4 hours. And the set and forget rule after entering the market - I like it very much :)

The success/failure ratio remains to be tested :) Maybe you have some kind of journal or statistics from the times you used this method? Then you could estimate it perhaps? Like 60/40% or 70/30% or whatever.

I will post my trades at the end of each week, this week on my live account as I was away I have had Two loses and 6 wins and one open My demo as I was away for the last three days is one loss for wins one open.

Anyway, time to finish my already too long post...

Watch this space
:)

cheers

Results for week one

OK Here are the results of week one.

Now this is my demo account which mirrors my real account the reason I post my demo account is because my demo account does not have any where near this much money in it as I have blown up a couple of real accounts with previous methods over trading and just getting out of control .
This is why i am going back to this very simple method to see if i can return to my old and better results.

Once again I am not a professional trader and advocate you make your own decisions but if you like what you see I would love your feed back.

Also As I was away for some of this week not all trades I took are on my demo account I took a couple more on my real account that where winners but I have been stopped out of my USD/CHF position but it is still open on my demo.

Cheers

Ps Masterkey have you loaded the indicator yet?

View attachment 1613

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the results, onshore. Looks very promising so far. But I'd say at least 50 trades on demo before going live...

Yeah, I also took this USD/CHF long, even with better price: 1.1111, 50/50 SL/TP :) This one doesn't look good, but there always will be losses, right?

Tell me onshore, in what time zone is this report created? New Zealand, so it would be UTC+12?

Thanks for sharing the results, onshore. Looks very promising so far. But I'd say at least 50 trades on demo before going live...

Yeah, I also took this USD/CHF long, even with better price: 1.1111, 50/50 SL/TP :) This one doesn't look good, but there always will be losses, right?

Tell me onshore, in what time zone is this report created? New Zealand, so it would be UTC+12?

OK hard question Yes I am in New Zealand I use Qlock to track my time differneces

Qlock - World Clock

That is why my demo and live are a little different, I use FXDD for my Live and Alpari for my demo and they differ in time frames

PS my USD/CHF trade closed at a loss

so the demo was down a bit from the result

:(

Hello my name is Onshore and I am a tradaholic.

This is the first day in a long time I have not traded
WHY?
because my system would not allow me to trade .
This is a huge break through for me as I used to trade everyday I could and this system has saved me money.

I could have gone short on USD/CHF but the rules where not quiet met and I missed USD/JPY as the move happened over night.

That is the beauty of a system and any good system followed, it can stop overtrading and hence reduces the odds of a loss.

By the way Monday saw two wins and two loses :)

Thank you for the information. I am applying your system this week myself. I was noticing the 4h charts could perhaps offer some consistency but was using stoch, accumulation, and bolinger bands along with supportive data from 1d and 1h charts. Looking at historic data your system seems very consistent and is another tool in the toolbox :) So far I have 1 good trade and 3-4 missed trades that I had on a watchlist but missed the entry. If only I didn't require sleep.

Back