My Story my Sytem KISS

Thank you for the information. I am applying your system this week myself. I was noticing the 4h charts could perhaps offer some consistency but was using stoch, accumulation, and bolinger bands along with supportive data from 1d and 1h charts. Looking at historic data your system seems very consistent and is another tool in the toolbox :) So far I have 1 good trade and 3-4 missed trades that I had on a watchlist but missed the entry. If only I didn't require sleep.

Yep thats why I like this system as I love my sleep.
As I have said before entries are subjective and as you say there does seem to be a pettern to most pairs between the COG lines.

I have been studying them and believe there are porbably other enteries and exits with the COG.

Any ideas appreciated :)

Hello again onshore,

I wrote a little EA to backtest your system. The results are... well mixed. On some major pairs very good (60/40 P/L ratio) on others (like GBP/USD for example) not very encouraging. I'll post more detailed results soon, as I'm finished with test for various pairs and time periods.

As you haven't defined exact rules for SL and TP levels, I tried 2 approaches.
1. Fixed SL and TP of 50 pips.
2. Value of ATR(14) indicator for SL and TP distance. It tends to be slightly above 50 pips on 4H charts - like 60-70 pips.
ATR approach seems to be more profitable, but not enough.

Overall, applying strictly the rules you posted seem not profitable unfortunately.

Therefore my question. If you traded and trade this system with success, there has to be something else you use for filtering out bad trades. Could you define what exactly? I cannot program support/resistance levels into EA, as these are subjective...

A little clarification due here: it's not my goal to trade this system using EA. It's just first test if it's worth time effort demo trading. Demo trading can take weeks or even months here, as signals are not so often.

One more question. In journal you posted I noticed, you don't enter exactly at close of 4H signal candle, but... when exactly? Earlier? Later?

Thanks again for your answers :)

Hello again onshore,

I wrote a little EA to backtest your system. The results are... well mixed. On some major pairs very good (60/40 P/L ratio) on others (like GBP/USD for example) not very encouraging. I'll post more detailed results soon, as I'm finished with test for various pairs and time periods.

As you haven't defined exact rules for SL and TP levels, I tried 2 approaches.
1. Fixed SL and TP of 50 pips.
2. Value of ATR(14) indicator for SL and TP distance. It tends to be slightly above 50 pips on 4H charts - like 60-70 pips.
ATR approach seems to be more profitable, but not enough.

Overall, applying strictly the rules you posted seem not profitable unfortunately.

Therefore my question. If you traded and trade this system with success, there has to be something else you use for filtering out bad trades. Could you define what exactly? I cannot program support/resistance levels into EA, as these are subjective...

A little clarification due here: it's not my goal to trade this system using EA. It's just first test if it's worth time effort demo trading. Demo trading can take weeks or even months here, as signals are not so often.

One more question. In journal you posted I noticed, you don't enter exactly at close of 4H signal candle, but... when exactly? Earlier? Later?

Thanks again for your answers :)

Hi habrys.

First i have stated my SL and TP there are 35 to 45 SL and 45 to 55 TP depending on what pair I am trading and like entries it's subjective you have to be able to feel what the chart and the market is doing and thats why i will not use EA's a machine can not trade lie a man.

You need more that the infomation thats on the screen and the only way to do that is time.

read Akpos Esiri on this post sums it up perfectly

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/secrets-successful-forex-trader/10386-chapter-9-club-9.html#post39290

Good luck

Well... in that case... it's not the KISS system, which makes your trades profitable. It's your trader's experience. Backed up by the system perhaps, I don't doubt it. But it can't be successfully used by unexperienced traders. And a good trader could use macd 0 crossover, MAs crossing or anything to generate buy/sell signals. And then use his experience to filter out the bad ones :)

Don't get me wrong. I won't use any EA to trade on a live account while I sleep. Ever. That would be insane. I'm just looking for a system, that has clearly defined rules and use EAs for the first check how it is performing. Next step would be demo trading of 50 or so trades and then live with small lots. It doesn't have to be simple, just clearly defined with no room for interpretation, gut feelings, trading experience etc neccessary. Yours seemed interesting with COG non-lagging indicator, simple rules, looking at charts only every 4 hours and so on. But sadly it still requires filtering signals based on experience. Or rather setting right levels of SP/TP based on experience, like you said.

Anyway, thanks for your help onshore. I wish you success :)

Hi onshore

My System.

4 hour charts I use a couple of indicators
COG centre of gravity

CCI Commodity channel index with two levels 100 and -100

And 50 day MA which I don’t really use

That’s it now here it is

If the pair hits the Top green or gold line and the CCI is above the 100 over sold wait for the next red candle and sell place a 35 to 55 stop loss and a 45 to 55 take profit depends on which pair then this is very important, walk away.

Same if the pair hits the bottom green or gold line and CCI is below the -100 wait for the next green candle buy with the same rules

Thank you for sharing your system simple and effective.
I just want to know if you use the default settings of the COG:
240 / 2 / 1.6
Thank you for your reply.
Regards, Didier.:)

My System.

4 hour charts I use a couple of indicators
COG centre of gravity

CCI Commodity channel index with two levels 100 and -100

And 50 day MA which I don’t really use

That’s it now here it is

If the pair hits the Top green or gold line and the CCI is above the 100 over sold wait for the next red candle and sell place a 35 to 55 stop loss and a 45 to 55 take profit depends on which pair then this is very important, walk away.

Same if the pair hits the bottom green or gold line and CCI is below the -100 wait for the next green candle buy with the same rules

Thank you for sharing your system simple and effective.
I just want to know if you use the default settings of the COG:
240 / 2 / 1.6
Thank you for your reply.
Regards, Didier.:)

yep default setting are fine.

Back