My trading journal : From 5 to 1000

Thanks a lotRahman for those thoughtful words.I will keep in mind your advise and diligently follow your suggestions given.

I will be asking a lot of questions as time passes by.

Audchf

Now they start pushing Aussie like mad, back to 0.7800 from 0.7350 level !!!

hold on...easy money is coming.

I have a great setup, will try to share with you here later.
I will start trading with 5 probably by next week, hope not to busy doing it.
right now feel like I need some rest :)

have a nice trading day

Attachments

• audchf open.gif
    audchf open.gif
    64.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
dirty tricks

Now they don't have to use the money to control the price, all that they have to do is to use some sort of dirty tricks, like temporary pegging the Swiss or impose negative interest rates, and it's very effective to manipulate the price. well they have been using this sharp tongue quite so long....

well done !!

Last edited:
along, this morning your AUD/CHF is up to 0.7879 level and looks set to retrace upwards...but then, it only looks that way for now. I still have 6 opened very small positions on that pair and hope to be able to close them soon at profits : ).

I have been playing....eeehhh, I mean trading Gold, Silver, some EUR/USD and USD/CAD. I did especially well on USD/CAD as I caught it at almost the highest level going in "short" at 0.9966 and then added a quite a numbers of "short" trades after that and closing everyone of them at profits. I finally closed that highest "short" position this morning at 0.9953 : )

I am not sure yet what I am going to play...eehhh, I mean..trade today. I have entered some "long'" positions Silver, "short" positions for Gold, and 2 "long" positions on your AUD/CHF.

Ok, lets see what happens today...

All the best in your trades.

Gold looks heavy and silver still doing cheap. good you go short with gold and long with silver.

They are throwing CHF because of the bad news. The pair is doing well at the moment. hope to see some more rockets next week.
should be good at 0.8200-0.8300 level.

good luck

Yes, your AUD/CHF did made some more recovery by Friday's closing, and next week I hope to see some more upward trends too as I would like to close out my opened positions on that pair at profits : )

As an update to my micro account:
I got a tiny-bitty-bit impatience trading pennies and decided to deposit around usd330 into that usd6.76 micro account. After 7 days trading, I am up 158% on Friday closing and (for a change) with a healthy +1,200% margin level : )

How is your micro account faring??

I will check around and see what the professionals' analysis/predictions are for next week before deciding on what to trade.

As usual, all the best!

Yup Rahman, me too. that's the problem when we trade with pennies. it's normal because we see a lot of opportunities, don't want to miss it at the same time we cannot grab it with small pennies. that's why I put it separate as back up, with standard, cent and 5dollars account. Right now I'm doing great with my accounts, make profit with AUDCHF, still hold it with standard and will try to add more trade on it.

I still have a strong sense that this AUD is far under valued, and I still in progress of buying it. will pay more attentions to AUDCHF, AUDJPY and AUDUSD. I will try to go long with AUDJPY and some of AUDUSD by next week, try to hold it with standard and micro accounts for a long ride. I will also monitor Silver and see if I can add this into my portfolio. I skip trading with EUR at the moment due to uncertainties of the france, and EUR's members on debt issue.

Next week is going to be a bit busy, but I will try to start my usd 5 cent account. I also stop trading with contest as I need to focus 100% on my real account. hope to see more tremendous result by next week.

have a nice weekend

Last edited:
You might be right with the AUD/CHF & AUD/JPY being on the low end, but I wouldn’t be too sure on AUD/USD though coz on Daily chart that pair looks too much way up there for my liking and have potential of going down to June 2010 area which is some pips down.

At start of my forex journey, I used to trade with such expectations/predictions and have been horribly wrong one too many times which cost me quite a few clams.
Lately I have reverted back to trading like I did on Demos which is to go around various sites reading up analysis on coming week, then watch market movements before making some small preliminary trades to "taste the water". If market move as expected, I will then go in with bigger trade lots, set TP and checked back later to see how my account is doing.
In other words, I am trading what I see happening in front of me and so far it has been quite successful.

One other thing which I am beginning to control is keeping my account margin level to >500%. Anything less would be asking for trouble. I keep some emergency funds in my Moneybookers account for quick injection of funds as required since it would be cheaper to pump in some more money into a sick account to keep it afloat until some losing positions reverses, than to loss that account entirely. This is due to one too many very horrible and costly lessons learned from past experiences.

Due to the persistent ill health and uncertainty of the USD, I believe Gold will continue to be on the high side and so I will keep going in on the dips. But as long as China (as well as a host of other countries) still hold significant amount of USD as their foreign reserves, the USD will become highly erratic and unpredictable as these countries (especially China) do not desire too weak a USD as that would depreciate their reserves. They have even gone in and buy more USD to keep the currency afloat. But nonetheless, I see a trend in a gradual switch to Gold as foreign reserves and this will drive the metal even further up in the near future.
But first, these countries have to get rid of their USD which at this point in time none of them can do (or afford to do) in a big way as that would be disastrous. So, for now, I expect the USD to gradually loss value as it is being slowly unloaded and replaced by Gold and other currencies (like CHF) and even Silver.
But then again, I also take “short” positions on Gold especially if it breaks new heights, as it did last week.

Alright, enough of my rumbling on with my thoughts.

All the best and have a fantastic weekend and a profitable week ahead.

along...hehehe...it occurred to me that you might have to change your thread title as neither you nor I have the patience to trade a usd5 account : )

P/S: By the way, what's your location? PM me if you considered that confidential information.

You are right about this AUDUSD, but due to the slow down in US ( 1 or 2 years), I think this pair should be doing OK at this level, probably I will trade small size and let the swap running before I can start making profit with it. but for AUDCHF and AUDJPY, I will go thumbs up with it. It's part of my saving and I'm not doing it for a short term. besides big profit at the end I also make money on the swap. It's not much, just a few bucks/day and it's really a good contributor in expanding my account.

I have another account, this I use it to trade freely with scalping and short term trading. I will go with any pairs for this account. I don't care about the news, If I see a good chance, I will go aggressively with this account. sometimes I make money and sometimes I loss with this account.

Another account is a cent accounts, I have several of it. Standby with my deposit, I also used this when I trade with usd 5. now I'm getting lazy with it ha ha, as you said, we already lost our patience and it's almost off the topic.

I also trade with a few brokers. the one that I actively trade is with roboforex, I have ecn, standard and cent accounts. the best reason that I really love this broker because of their fast withdrawal. Last months I withdrew usd 700, and it took less than 30 minutes to get the money deposited into my LR account. I also can make daily withdrawal with this broker even a dollar, no big issue. spread also very low, It can touch as low as 2 pips for silver. They also give 25% bonus for each deposit. have to complete certain size of orders before it's become free.

The other broker is Trading point, This is the best broker so far that offer very high swap rates. I have been comparing brokers for swap, none of it can give a good rates like TP. I'm not actively trade with this broker, not very good with spread. most of my collections go to this...

Next broker goes to Fxcc, this is ecn broker. I use this for back up. with deposit on it, not actively trade and the last one goes to Instaforex, my first broker. have a small amount of deposit with it, also not active. the reason I still with Insta because of their PAMM system. I like to monitor and comparing trades with other traders. sometimes it's really funny when watching difference kind of traders compete with each others....you know for the best

I'm from Malaysia, just a small country.....:)
thanks for asking
what about you..

Last edited:
Back