Mychargeback/Giambrone/Scamconsulting - which one?

Pheniox123

Sergeant
Hi everyone,

I have searched throughout the forums and still not sure which of these funds recovery companies is legitimate or not.

Background:

I believe my forex broker carried out some manipulations last couple of weeks in which they did certain tactics to liquidate my account. My margin was well over 600% and overnight they closed all my trades citing margin requirements. The strange thing is that my trades were hedged and no matter what happens the margin wouldn’t change at the time. Also, I have not received margin call notification from the platform or the broker etc.

Also searching around it seems the same tricks were carried out by the broker that was experienced by other members lately.

Therefore I have decided to take matters further and I have contacted all the following three companies and this is what they are offering:

Mychargeback.com

They said they will take the threat of chargeback to the broker and ideally get a settlement.

They will charge $2000 upfront and 25% success fee.

Giambrone Law (giambronelaw.com)

They said they will review documentation and work on a Pre-trial warning lettter to the brokers and ideally get a settlement without going to courts.

They will charge £3,500 upfront and an undisclosed success fee (probably 10-15%)

Scamconsulting (scamconsulting.com)

They requested login details to broker platform to see if there is a case to be formed and whether or not the broker did anything wrong.

They said once they have done their due diligence they will contact me to see what can be done with the broker.

So please could anyone shed a light on which one I should use (if any)?

Thanks
Pheniox

4evermaat

2nd Lieutenant
Be very cautious of recovery rooms. Let's say that they are not a scam:

Is the amount of the scam really worth investing even more without guarantee of return?

Taking a loss and avoid depositing with more scammers would likely be a larger win. But can your ego accept this fact?

------------------

Only one law that I could consider for the majority of people who were scammed by a regulated entity:

Pheniox123

Sergeant
Hi 4evermaat,

Thank you for your reply.

I actually went with mychargeback; as I didn’t receive any response to this post.

Thank you for Mikov suggestion; I did contact them and they promised to get back to me but they didn’t.

I will report back on progress from Mychargeback. So far they took some details but have gone quite (I am hoping they are building the case).

Thanks again and I for sure will report back (fingers crossed it will be good outcome or else a hole I sighed for myself became bigger )

Pheniox123

Sergeant
Hi Mikov,

Apology I forgot to update this post. You guys emailed me back yesterday stating that your jurisdiction doesn’t cover my case (the broker is under Seychelles etc.)

Thank you guys - I truly wish my case could be handled by you (seems like you’re the only genuine law form that deals with this forex madness).

Thanks
Pheniox

FxScammedVictim

Private
Hi Mikov,

Apology I forgot to update this post. You guys emailed me back yesterday stating that your jurisdiction doesn’t cover my case (the broker is under Seychelles etc.)

Thank you guys - I truly wish my case could be handled by you (seems like you’re the only genuine law form that deals with this forex madness).

Thanks
Pheniox
Hi Pheniox,

I fell into the same FOREX madness. I am now looking into getting the services of mychargeback. Were you able to recover your money? What was your experience with the fund recovery company?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards,
FxScammedVictim

Pheniox123

Sergeant
Hi Pheniox,

I fell into the same FOREX madness. I am now looking into getting the services of mychargeback. Were you able to recover your money? What was your experience with the fund recovery company?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards,
FxScammedVictim
Hi FxScammedVictim,

Sorry to hear about your issues and hopefully you will get some kind of resolution with the broker in question.

What ever you do; DONT waste your time and money on Mychargeback. They are utter useless and they didn’t do anything meaningful once they got their fees paid. A dreadful letter that was pretty much written by me and sent by me to the broker. It didn’t achieve anything and wasted hell lot of my time. Best course of action I would say is for you to contact the broker to find a resolution and if not then contact the regulator. Also, contact your bank and see if a chargeback can be made (AGAIN do not listen to or engage with Mychargeback; they will tell you all kind of nonsense as they are the experts in dealing with banks etc. They are no expert and have no sense or power to do anything - they business model is to lure victims like us and sell them nonsense so they can take their fees).

Best of luck
Pheniox

FxScammedVictim

Private
Hi FxScammedVictim,

Sorry to hear about your issues and hopefully you will get some kind of resolution with the broker in question.

What ever you do; DONT waste your time and money on Mychargeback. They are utter useless and they didn’t do anything meaningful once they got their fees paid. A dreadful letter that was pretty much written by me and sent by me to the broker. It didn’t achieve anything and wasted hell lot of my time. Best course of action I would say is for you to contact the broker to find a resolution and if not then contact the regulator. Also, contact your bank and see if a chargeback can be made (AGAIN do not listen to or engage with Mychargeback; they will tell you all kind of nonsense as they are the experts in dealing with banks etc. They are no expert and have no sense or power to do anything - they business model is to lure victims like us and sell them nonsense so they can take their fees).

Best of luck
Pheniox
Thank you very much, Pheniox. Apparently, the broker is unregulated. My bank said they cannot do anything about it.

I did bank wire transfer to DBS SG. I will email them and see how they will respond.

I observed that they are very pushy with collecting the upfront fee of $850.

How can these people take more money from people who are victims of a scam? Don't they have any conscience :(

What about the positive feedbacks they get online? Those are fake?

Thank you,
FxScammedVictim

Pheniox123

Sergeant
Hi FxScammedVictim,

They have no conscience; they just see us as numbers and sales figures.

The positive feedback I have seen when I was searching about them (just like you’re doing here) were on trust pilot and believe me when I say this; majority of the reviews on there are fake. Even brokers with bad reviews on here (which are genuine reviews from traders) seem to have good reviews on trustpilot.

I know they will speak to you for a long time and try to explain their expertise bla bla bla, and in your mind (the same that was on my mind at the time) you’re thinking this fee is nothing compared to what I might get back from the money the broker scammed of me - but believe me when I telling you this; it’s a game they are playing to make you think you will get anything - but you won’t and will just lose another 850$ (they even charged me more) that you could put to use with using a reputable lawyer who could make the broker see sense when contacted by them (unlike Mychargeback who have no power or any legal acumen).

Thanks
Pheniox

FxScammedVictim

Private
Hi FxScammedVictim,

Best of luck
Pheniox
Yes, I saw good reviews on Trustpilot.

That's true. I am thinking that $850 is a small percentage of the whole amount I lost. I told them that I come from a 3rd world country (Philippines) and my parents are COVID patients. That money I invested was a I have and I'm appealing to them to tell me honestly if they can really help or not. Otherwise, I will borrow that money for nothing and will add more debts. They decided to lower down the fee but still no guarantee of recovering the funds.

I am also dubious with the person I am talking to because he can't even write good English.

What about the Giambrone Law or Mikov Law firms that were mentioned above?

Thanks,
FxScammedVictim