Mychargeback/Giambrone/Scamconsulting - which one?

Pheniox123

Corporal
They will lower the fees to anything; as in their mind even $250 in their pocket is better than losing a potential pay check.

Milos Law firm has been mentioned multiple times here and they are recommended as a good reputable lawyers. Sadly, I couldn’t use them due to their jurisdiction and the broker I was going against.

Best of luck
Pheniox

hello world

Recruit
It looks like some people are still falling victim to these scam recovery companies after my critical review about payback-ltd (moneyback ltd) on trustpilot. Here is a summary of how these companies operate.

Scam recovery companies are usually legalised scams. They just do a google search on the internet to find out which government agency can provide assistance to you and to find out who they can claim compensation from.

These government agencies provide a form you can fill out yourself. You obviously don't need "assistance" from a scam recovery company to do this. If you do not explicitly indicate that you already know that these government agencies can assist you and then complain to these scam recovery companies, they will lay the blame at your feet for not telling them about it. I have even seen a scam recovery company draft a complaint for something as obvious as the police and then having the client complain and then blaming the client for not telling them that he already knew about submitting police reports.

Scam recovery companies also draft complaint letters that claim wrong doing by the scammers and/or third parties. These complaint letters have no legal due diligence done before drafting and not surprisingly have no legal effect half the time. These scam recovery companies will even attempt to recover compensation through publicly traded multi-billion dollar banks with these complaint letters that have no legal effect. The only time they will provide legal due diligence is if they get you to pay for the legal fees in which case they aren't providing the recovery service. The lawyer they used is providing the recovery service. Their "legal department" don't actually have a lawyer (unless of course if they get you to pay for the legal fees)

Furthermore, the United States Securities and Exchange Commission issued a warning about the pathetic service these scam recovery companies provide (https://www.sec.gov/oiea/investor-alerts-bulletins/ia_assetrecovery.html):

"Although these companies sometimes claim to have elaborate asset recovery expertise, or even legal expertise, some of them do little more than draft a demand letter to the original scam artist and send a boilerplate complaint to the logical regulatory agency. Those are two steps that victims can take easily on their own, free of charge." - SEC

Scam recovery companies obviously don't disclose this warning to any of their clients. They also don't disclose the fact that their business model revolves around this recovery strategy on their website or in their service contract. No one is dumb enough to consent to a recovery strategy that is highly unlikely to work.

Scam recovery companies will do everything to appear to provide a useful service to society. Do not fall for such tactics. Other than the above mentioned qualities, i have identified and listed further characteristics of these companies that you should watch out for:

Provision of fake testimonials using paid actors or staged interviews with clients who received a discount for recovery services.

Provision of real testimonials using clients they were able to help by filling out complaint forms supplied by government agencies such as the police or regulators which are specifically designed to be completed without the need of assistance from scam recovery companies.

Uploading fake glowing reviews about the recovery service.

Uploading fake reviews that condemn the company but don't provide the details of the recovery strategy i have provided above, so they can easily respond to their own reviews to appear genuine.

Disclosing failed attempts by regulators to prosecute them to promote the illusion of innocence.

Refusing to disclose warnings by regulators to claim they provide services which you can do by yourself for free.

Refusing to disclose successful attempts by regulators to ban their services in a particular country.

Refusing to disclose the fact that they have lied to regulators to have a complaint case lodged by a client closed.

Refusing to disclose that they have made fake threats of defamation lawsuits over reviews about them published on the internet.

Refusing to disclose that they have successfully removed critical reviews about them on the internet such as this one.

Designing a professional looking website.

Listing names of the managers who run the company on a reputable company listing website like Dun & Bradstreet.

Refusing to verify the identities of the managers who run the company when asked.

Inclusion of a clause in the service agreement that prohibits the disclosure of complaint forms they draft to prevent scrutiny from outside sources to prevent their awful truth from being exposed.

Insistence that they are "professionals" with lots of "experience" and know what they are doing.

Denial of any wrongdoing while refusing to engage in any meaningful constructive argument.

Encouraging people to verify the authenticity of their testimonials and reviews when they can't be verified.

Inclusion of a clause in the service agreement that says they don't offer legal services to remove any liabilty since their complaint letters have no legal effect most of the time.

A "legal department" with a lawyer who refuses to identify himself when asked.

General and vague terms and conditions in the service agreement to legalise the useless recovery strategy described above.

Advertisement in reputable news outlets to promote the illusion of genuine service to clients.

Affiliation with charitable scam victim organisations to promote the illusion of genuine service to clients. Some of these organisations may be created by scam recovery companies themselves for better control.

Fake court settlements claimning to successfully recover stolen funds

Obviously not every scam recovery company will have every characteristic i have described above. This is just an overview of this criminal industry. These companies are essentially professional scammers. The audacity that these companies have to commit such a legalised crime in broad daylight under the watchful eye of government agencies and cover up any criticism they get from clients is absolutely disgusting. I would recommend getting a licensed lawyer or hiring a licensed private investigator instead.

hello world

Recruit
It looks like some people are still falling victim to these scam recovery companies after my critical review about payback-ltd (moneyback ltd) on trustpilot. Here is a summary of how these companies operate.

Scam recovery companies are usually legalised scams. They just do a google search on the internet to find out which government agency can provide assistance to you and to find out who they can claim compensation from.

These government agencies provide a form you can fill out yourself. You obviously don't need "assistance" from a scam recovery company to do this. If you do not explicitly indicate that you already know that these government agencies can assist you and then complain to these scam recovery companies, they will lay the blame at your feet for not telling them about it. I have even seen a scam recovery company draft a complaint for something as obvious as the police and then having the client complain and then blaming the client for not telling them that he already knew about submitting police reports.

Scam recovery companies also draft complaint letters that claim wrong doing by the scammers and/or third parties. These complaint letters have no legal due diligence done before drafting and not surprisingly have no legal effect half the time. These scam recovery companies will even attempt to recover compensation through publicly traded multi-billion dollar banks with these complaint letters that have no legal effect. The only time they will provide legal due diligence is if they get you to pay for the legal fees in which case they aren't providing the recovery service. The lawyer they used is providing the recovery service. Their "legal department" don't actually have a lawyer (unless of course if they get you to pay for the legal fees)

Furthermore, the United States Securities and Exchange Commission issued a warning about the pathetic service these scam recovery companies provide (https://www.sec.gov/oiea/investor-alerts-bulletins/ia_assetrecovery.html):

"Although these companies sometimes claim to have elaborate asset recovery expertise, or even legal expertise, some of them do little more than draft a demand letter to the original scam artist and send a boilerplate complaint to the logical regulatory agency. Those are two steps that victims can take easily on their own, free of charge." - SEC

Scam recovery companies obviously don't disclose this warning to any of their clients. They also don't disclose the fact that their business model revolves around this recovery strategy on their website or in their service contract. No one is dumb enough to consent to a recovery strategy that is highly unlikely to work.

Scam recovery companies will do everything to appear to provide a useful service to society. Do not fall for such tactics. Other than the above mentioned qualities, i have identified and listed further characteristics of these companies that you should watch out for:

Provision of fake testimonials using paid actors or staged interviews with clients who received a discount for recovery services.

Provision of real testimonials using clients they were able to help by filling out complaint forms supplied by government agencies such as the police or regulators which are specifically designed to be completed without the need of assistance from scam recovery companies.

Uploading fake glowing reviews about the recovery service.

Uploading fake reviews that condemn the company but don't provide the details of the recovery strategy i have provided above, so they can easily respond to their own reviews to appear genuine.

Disclosing failed attempts by regulators to prosecute them to promote the illusion of innocence.

Refusing to disclose warnings by regulators to claim they provide services which you can do by yourself for free.

Refusing to disclose successful attempts by regulators to ban their services in a particular country.

Refusing to disclose the fact that they have lied to regulators to have a complaint case lodged by a client closed.

Refusing to disclose that they have made fake threats of defamation lawsuits over reviews about them published on the internet.

Refusing to disclose that they have successfully removed critical reviews about them on the internet such as this one.

Designing a professional looking website.

Listing names of the managers who run the company on a reputable company listing website like Dun & Bradstreet.

Refusing to verify the identities of the managers who run the company when asked.

Inclusion of a clause in the service agreement that prohibits the disclosure of complaint forms they draft to prevent scrutiny from outside sources to prevent their awful truth from being exposed.

Insistence that they are "professionals" with lots of "experience" and know what they are doing.

Denial of any wrongdoing while refusing to engage in any meaningful constructive argument.

Encouraging people to verify the authenticity of their testimonials and reviews when they can't be verified.

Inclusion of a clause in the service agreement that says they don't offer legal services to remove any liabilty since their complaint letters have no legal effect most of the time.

A "legal department" with a lawyer who refuses to identify himself when asked.

General and vague terms and conditions in the service agreement to legalise the useless recovery strategy described above.

Advertisement in reputable news outlets to promote the illusion of genuine service to clients.

Affiliation with charitable scam victim organisations to promote the illusion of genuine service to clients. Some of these organisations may be created by scam recovery companies themselves for better control.

Fake court settlements claimning to successfully recover stolen funds

Obviously not every scam recovery company will have every characteristic i have described above. This is just an overview of this criminal industry. These companies are essentially professional scammers. The audacity that these companies have to commit such a legalised crime in broad daylight under the watchful eye of government agencies and cover up any criticism they get from clients is absolutely disgusting. I would recommend getting a licensed lawyer or hiring a licensed private investigator instead.

can people also attach/paste a copy of the bull**** letters to banks, regulators e.t.c. these scam recovery companies draft so i can scrutinize and use as additional evidence to further my argument that they are essentially legalized scams. please also ask tell me if this is drafted by them or if they contracted a lawyer to draft it.

every1 just assumes they are professionals with legal competency which is completely wrong. they even admitted to contracting a lawyer to help draft a letter with some legal effect in a reply to a client on trustpilot

the scam recovery company i paid even admitted to me that they plan on contracting cyrptocurrency experts to help track down my bitcoins when u can just do a google search my bitcoin address to find where it went because the criminals were to lazy to launder my bitcoins after receiving them from me.

FxScammedVictim

Private
can people also attach/paste a copy of the bull**** letters to banks, regulators e.t.c. these scam recovery companies draft so i can scrutinize and use as additional evidence to further my argument that they are essentially legalized scams. please also ask tell me if this is drafted by them or if they contracted a lawyer to draft it.

every1 just assumes they are professionals with legal competency which is completely wrong. they even admitted to contracting a lawyer to help draft a letter with some legal effect in a reply to a client on trustpilot

the scam recovery company i paid even admitted to me that they plan on contracting cyrptocurrency experts to help track down my bitcoins when u can just do a google search my bitcoin address to find where it went because the criminals were to lazy to launder my bitcoins after receiving them from me.
Sir you think even law firms such as Boccadutri Law Firm based in Milan are similar to these "legalized scams"?

hello world

Recruit
Sir you think even law firms such as Boccadutri Law Firm based in Milan are similar to these "legalized scams"?
I dont think law firms in general are legalized scams. I have been in contact with many law firms to try and recover my money from the scammers at the scam website and all the law firms have kindly told me they are unable to help me without getting me to pay an upfront fee. One law firm did tell me to sign up with them and pay several thousand dollars but least they were kind enough to disclose the fact they were only going to file a police report on my behalf in the country the scam website was in. Most legal services a regulated in such a way they it isn't worth it to conduct shady business practices since they may have their law license revoked

From what i understand, if the scam is hidden behind privacy laws then it may not be possible even for lawyers to recover anything. Normally only the police can pierce privacy laws and the police are too busy focussing on "real" crimes like homicide to waste resources chasing criminals with no physical crime scene like a scam website when the cooperation of cross border law enforcement agencies is required. A cop at my local police station told me that these types of crimes are difficult to solve based on his experience. I suspect the police have put a note beside my police report with something along the lines of "don't bother" QQ.

Pharaoh

Colonel
Some police may do this. Then again, even if your complaint is ignored now, if enough more complaints come in about the same company (or if someone "important" gets scammed), your "don't bother" complaint could suddenly become "important evidence" in a larger investigation. This is why any police report should be as detailed as possible. Too many are "these guys ripped me off and you cops should stop eating donuts and find all the facts" and too few are "here is every scrap of evidence about what they did to me, including all the information about how they collected the money, plus everything I could dig up online about them."

Reporting scammers to ALL relevant police agencies and regulators is the best way to fight back against them. Scammers throw parties when they see people saying "Don't bother to report the scam since the police and regulators won't do anything."