Neckline Trading – Double Top Pattern

Neckline-Trading-Double-Top-Pattern.jpg

Neckline Trading

There are very few trading setups that excites us as much as the Neckline – Double Top setup. This trading technique is a derivative of the Head & Shoulders pattern. The setup itself is not too abundant and will only appear every now and then. However, when it does appear, it’s a gold mine. It carries one of the highest success rate scores amongst all the advanced setups that we normally apply in our day to day trading.
image10.jpg

After countless of neckline trading events, we can estimate the success rate of this trading technique at around 85%. We assume that the main reason for this high success rate score is the powerful relationship between the neckline of an established Head & Shoulders pattern and a simple Double Top Pattern that interacts with that neckline from below.
image10.jpg

Effectively speaking, on the second touch, the neckline is being confirmed by price action which by now, is officially a solid-strong resistance level, and its probably going to hold its ground. This means that with unusually high probability level, price is going to bounce off that resisting neckline into a full-fledged downside move, continuing the natural flow of the original Head & Shoulders breakout.
image12.jpg

image13.jpg

image14.jpg

The complimentary confirmation spikes (from the Weekly and Monthly charts) off the major resistance key level of 0.9068 created a particularly high probability situation and re-enforced our bearish conviction. This in turn, helped us to build a big size position sliding downwards.
image15.jpg

The second bounce off the neckline completes the setup and triggers our full commitment to push more trades and increase our short position. Even though we have a long way to go till our primary price target at 0.8540, we are going to utilize the relatively close by 200 Daily moving average as a secondary price target for partial profit taking.
image16.jpg

Bulletproof Traders

Current market movers are pushing and working to break all time highs/lows the key is to become flexible with the ever changing market moves

Personally, I find this trade technique quite interesting. I didn't notice any significant disadvantages, but I didn't try to find them too. So anyway, it seems to me that this trading technique can be quite profitable, so I would give it a chance.

I like trading H+S patterns and have had decent success with them. I think new traders could probably have a good time just looking for this pattern as it is fairly common and the rules are quite simple.

with the market this year we have seen double tops and all
time highs and lows being broken all the time!

Back