• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Opteck.com

General discussions of a financial company
Hi folks. Recently I've come across info on binary options (e.g.: opteck.com), a way to make a killing on the Internet, as it was written there.
Has anybody tried that thing?
I've got interested as I need money. And the sooner, the better :)
I've browsed some sites, the feedbacks vary. I would like to hear anything from those who has tried it. The matter is that I don't take testimonials left at those sites seriously, because they may be fake.

Binary Options are very exotic thing ... Not to be confused with the barrier ...
Well, first of all, let's start with the fact that a small number of tools is availble to trade...
Plus they are said to be short-term (i.e. you can earn or lose money virtually in a day) ... they like to woo people in such a way..

hey , i have been trading with opteck.com , has anyone trade it ?
i am not feeling safe there and i want to come to here .. but i have like 4000$ in my opteck.com account .. any idea or help if they will withdraw the money back for me or if they are scam and will never give my money bank ? thank you :)

Why people deal with brokers in Russia, Belize, Cyprus or any other place is beyond me? What are you looking for? Margin? Margin will kill you so you should be happy with 100:1 at that is high. 440:1, 300:1 and 1000:1 is a recipe for disaster and it will wipe you out big time. Any broker that offers money for you to come and play with them is a warning sign. Trust me.

Stick with brokers in the UK, Canada, USA or Australia.

Now, back to your question. Ask for a withdrawal of funds and pray that you get it. Their website lists a process. You most likely will not if they are a scam. If you lose $4000 then that is a lesson learned. Forget taking them to court. There are a lot of GREAT a broker out there where your money is secure and that is rule # 1. I did a quick check of their website and they claim to be in the UK but you should also check the FSA in the UK to see if that is true or not.

Good luck.

hey , i have been trading with opteck.com , has anyone trade it ?
i am not feeling safe there and i want to come to here .. but i have like 4000$ in my opteck.com account .. any idea or help if they will withdraw the money back for me or if they are scam and will never give my money bank ? thank you :)

There's not a lot of point in asking if other people could withdraw funds. If you have a concern, then see if you can withdraw your funds.

Back