Need Some New Reading Material!

jammie

Recruit
Hi,

Im 18 and i've been trading forex casually for about 2 years. Started off just basically "betting" which way the majors would go then got sucked in once i started to understand it abit more; so it got abit more serious.

I now know a decent amount about technical analysis, but only the lagging side. I really want to read up on more leading indicators i.e. Gann, Elliot Wave (as i only know basic fib stuff in that respect).

Can anyone recommend any decent books/sites on these? or just anything you think is worth reading?

You never stop learning so i guess i should start as soon as i can!

Cheers,

Jamie

Learn from the Source

I really want to read up on more leading indicators i.e. Gann, Elliot Wave (as i only know basic fib stuff in that respect).

Hi Jamie,

There is possibly one very important thing you could add to your fib stuff - and that is that we traders take the standard timeframes we are given and assume that is all there is to timeframes. Whatever timeframe the trader calls up that's where the analysis gets applied. However the market actually does run on fibonnacci series completely - to the extent that every new wave (Elliott Wave) I.E. every new trend chooses its OWN fibonacci timeframe. Only when the fib/tf is 1.000 is your analysis going to match up correctly. Of course that assumes you have a valid technical analysis.

I just wanted to throw that in there because the books on Elliott Wave have some errors that dramatically effect counting and, of course, pivots, trading and, did I leave anything out? So just because it is in a charting package or in a book - question and test and test some more. Sounds like you've caught the bug.

If I were you - I would read my charts.

Good luck in all you do.

Cheers,
Cyclon

aragorn.gif

Hi,

Im 18 and i've been trading forex casually for about 2 years. Started off just basically "betting" which way the majors would go then got sucked in once i started to understand it abit more; so it got abit more serious.

I now know a decent amount about technical analysis, but only the lagging side. I really want to read up on more leading indicators i.e. Gann, Elliot Wave (as i only know basic fib stuff in that respect).

Can anyone recommend any decent books/sites on these? or just anything you think is worth reading?

You never stop learning so i guess i should start as soon as i can!

Cheers,

Jamie

Read more on about psychological books in trading. Then go through all the way in trading and take experience from your live trading. Trading is not about reading 1 or 2 book to be profitable. You must go through losing stage to gain more experience.

I once attended a seminar from Dr. Alexander Elder and I really enjoyed it and learned a lot.
I then ordered some of his books and read them.
His favorite book is "Come Into My Trading Room"
I can suggest that.

I once attended a seminar from Dr. Alexander Elder and I really enjoyed it and learned a lot.
I then ordered some of his books and read them.
His favorite book is "Come Into My Trading Room"
I can suggest that.

I am more fan of Dr. Andrew Menaker and Van Tharp. What they taught and share are really really useful.

i think with reading you should also work with on demo account .then you run your real account with confidence.

Back