1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Needed: Recommendations for brokers serving clients from British Columbia

Discussion in 'Forex Company Comparisons' started by pippy, Oct 23, 2007.

1. pippy

pippy Recruit

Hi All,

I would welcome any recommendations or experiences of fx brokers servicing clients from British Columbia Canada.

I am currently with MF Global and looking to change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. MK4X

MK4X Recruit

hey i need help on this too

i am going to go for oanda but it would b nice if there were more suggestions for BC residents. I live in west side vancouver! lets talk forex!:)

3. fxcar

fxcar Recruit

Serving BC

Hi there,

I'm in Burnaby.

I love my broker, I've been with them since 2004. Great charts, great customer service, easy to make deposits. I wouldn't go with any other broker. They're based in NY.

Email me privately for details - I'm not an IB but I just noticed I can refer a friend and be rewarded... I've never had much to trade with and am about to have a baby - so every little bit makes a big difference.

Carina

4. pippy

pippy Recruit

MK4X,

Hi .. can I ask what broker you are using now? Happy/Sad? :)

Thanks

5. fxtrader2k7

fxtrader2k7 Recruit

I am in Vancouver also. I've been demo-ing Oanda and FXCM and was thinking of going live with MF Global since they are located in Canada and member of the IDA of Canada. Why are you thinking of leaving MF Global?

6. MK4X

MK4X Recruit

broker that i was using

i was using Manfinancial FX .. spreads are 3 for eur/usd ... u can choose to have a dealing desk or not .... if u choose not to have a dealing desk the spreads are still roughly the same it drops down sightly sometimes maybe like 1 pip... new fills are so/so but i just wanted better spreads so i am going to try oanda.

7. pippy

pippy Recruit

Been live with MF a long time.
    To sum it up.. Refco with a fancier name.

8. fxcar

fxcar Recruit

Fx Coffee...

Wow, there are a few of us in Vancouver. I never seem to meet anyone who trades, it'd be neat to talk about it in person. I'd probably be interested in meeting up in a group for some FX coffee.

I keep wondering when (or if) the USD/CAD will hit a bottom. Anyone have any ideas on this? The COT report predicts it should be happening soon, maybe November. I just don't think this low can last very long and I want to be there when it turns around. But I already thought it hit its low last week, lol - and it then kept getting lower.

Carina

9. pippy

pippy Recruit

There are a few forex meetup groups in the area.
    I believe you can find them at meetup.com.

In regards to the usd/cad .. I beleive George B is short on the usd/cad
    and long on Haliburton and Blackwater. ;)

10. MK4X

MK4X Recruit

hey fellow vancouvites

:)well there ARE meetup groups in meetup.com however there seems to b no action from them i mean i've been in the group for about half a year and there are still no meetups... with exception to those scammers the freedom rocks ... if not we can start our own group right here since i believe that u guys seem to be more serious traders compared to those of meetup.com, i'd b happy to meet up and share my ideas and learn something from u guys too.

please share your ideas on this ... thanks:)