• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Needed: Recommendations for brokers serving clients from British Columbia

Broker List for BC Residents

If anyone reading this could email me with the names of known online forex brokers providing service to customers in BC, I would be happy to complie the list and re-post here for all to take advantage of. Perhaps we could add reviews to further our quest to find quality services for our fellow BC traders.

Any other company info such as IDA, deposit minimums, legal issuses
or other relevant info would be helpful as well.

My email is 4xmarket@gmail.com

Thanks and good trading

Still looking for input????

I'm dealing with a forex management team out of Vancouver...Horizonfx, who in turn, deal with brokers operating out of NY.
I've been with them a few months and they're posting good returns, although I do have a few concerns ( posted under stanj ).
One of the responders to your question said she would tell you her contacts off-line and the way she described them reminded me of Horizon..Was it?? If it was, any opinions????

Brokers and meetup group in Greater Vancouver

:D Hi Everyone - I'm the main organizer of the Fraser Valley Forex and Investment Strategies Meetup group based in Surrey BC. I trade part-time right now, and also am involved with two strong performing managed accounts. While we haven't had too much activity yet this is about to change (I'm about to leave my graveyard shift job and focus on my business and forex). We offer an almost 60 member group with diverse levels of experience, plus we also have a unique opportunity to trade together live in an online conferencing/trading room (free). I'll be holding regular online sessions that members can join in on - what better way to get into Forex than on a live conferencing room with others. Anyway, that's my 2 cents, come and check us out if you wish - look us up on meetups.com.

:)

Brokerage accounts for restricted citizens

Hi there fellow FPA members,

Happy 2008, a prosperous year to all! :)

I’ve long known of Forex Bastards (unfortunately been invested with a few along the way!) and I have many times used some of their resources, so thanks Felix, great service you got here. I’ve only recently decided to raise my association with FPA to publicly post, this being my first.

Through a mutual associate who’s also a FPA member I was suggested to post here a solution to some members’ issues with opening forex brokerage accounts. I’m not up to date with all the reasons certain folk are denied access to accounts but I know of some examples including;

a) UK residents are not permitted to open managed accounts with FXCM in the USA thanks to the Financial Services Authority in their country.
b) BC residents are also likewise hamstrung by another government entity in some instances.
c) Sometimes even being the citizen of certain countries excludes participation.

The purpose of this post is to make you all aware that there is a way around being denied access to any broker and it doesn’t involve breaking the law either. It can be achieved by an offshore corporate structure set up with this objective in mind, which is simply to invest or trade with a brokerage of your choice.

I’m an IB too (I’ve experienced clients being denied access to MA’s), but an IB with a difference as I’m equally passionate about offshore structuring. The reason being is that in my view, offshore structures lend themselves to integration with forex accounts on a lot of levels. In fact it is a perfect solution if you belong to any of the three groups mentioned above. There are also other significant advantages of using offshore structures, but that’s not for this post. The nature of such a structure is such that costs are towards USD2k, so if that’s not viable then this suggestion is of little practical use to you.

If I can help anyone or answer some of your questions, please by all means reply to this post or contact me directly.

Kindest Regards,
Adam Liddiard

Director and Founder
Gallant-Financial Inc
Forex and Offshore Services

Hi there,

I'm in Burnaby.

I love my broker, I've been with them since 2004. Great charts, great customer service, easy to make deposits. I wouldn't go with any other broker. They're based in NY.

Email me privately for details - I'm not an IB but I just noticed I can refer a friend and be rewarded... I've never had much to trade with and am about to have a baby - so every little bit makes a big difference.

Carina

Dear Carina

I'm Craig Rivers, I'm an Elliot Wave Fibo Trader. I know how the Market is Programmed as Only Elliot Wave/Fibonacci Traders Know. I've been knocked out of trading for a year and a half by an auto accident, but now I can see and walk and think again, but I need a new Broker to trade up a MINI Account from $350.00. I prefer 200:1 Leverage if your broker gives that.

I will make sure that you get your referral fees for referring me to your broker.

CFX craigfxrivers@yahoo.ca

The forex broker I represent might be your best choice. United World Capital serves clients from British Columbia. UWC is a licensed European broker regulated by FSA (UK) and CYSEC (Cyprus). All clients accounts are insured up to 20,000 euros per account.
UWC offers a wide range of services and bonuses. for more information please visit uwcfx.com.
If you have any further questions regarding the company please don't hesitate to ask.

Free Trading Seminar in Vancouver

Learn how to trade FX & CFD in an online account

Seminar topics include:

Technical indicators and chart analysis
Optimal trade setups in break-out patterns
Risk management in a margin account
Advantages of trading with a registered broker

and much more!

For more information and to register visit:

www.tradingseminar.ca

:confused:

Back