Netglobalit + Balifa Scam

Yup. I submitted my email and phone number as part of the sign up process, and within TWO MINUTES I received a phone call from an unrecognized Canadian number. Immediately I recognized what happened (what busy company has time to contact customers inmediately after sign-up?) so I ignored the call. She called 3 more times before I decided to confront her.

She introduced herself as Kaya, and initially made small talk -- asking personal questions about my home life (husband, kids, etc).
And also asking if I had any close ties to the U.S. (dual citizenship, close relatives, bank accounts, etc.)

It didn't take long though before she was urging me to open an email from her to get started on my registration.

I lied and told her I had opened it, to which she urgently asked if I knew the minimum wallet balance necessary to start. (Keep in mind, she hadn't even explained the 'process' of the gig.)
I told her I saw 18 USD on the initial set-up page (which wasn't a lie) and she didn't even know what I was saying (African language barrier?).

So I repeated myself, to which she giggled and said, "no, ma'am... It is 233 USD which comes to 320 Canadian."

I giggled back at her and said, "Well, that's out of my budget."
To which she responded, "Can you explain why?"
To which I responded, "Because I literally do not have that much money to my name."
(Single income family here + 4 kids.)

I could hear her muting me and sometimes accidentally unmuting me before she was done whispering and giggling with her "coworkers"... But eventually she said, "ma'am, you do understand it takes money to make money,"
(How original) "there must have been a miscommunication because I don't even know where you'd get that amount from (the 18USD)."

After explaining where I had seen it she said she had never heard that before, and I told her to keep it in the back of her mind as I'm sure she will in the future.

She then pressed on to see if I'd be willing to budge the $320 CAD, and seemed annoyed that I had 'signed up' without being committed to such an amount.

I explained that 18USD is basically 30CAD which seemed reasonable to me -- to which she laughed and went on this long script about this money is mine, it wouldn't be paying anyone else, the company only takes 1%, but that they need a big deposit because they want to "diversify" my account.

After explaining once more that it was not physically possible for me to deposit that amount, and after further explaining that I was not interested and HAD NO INTEREST, she said, "Okay, Ms. _________." and hung up.

Didn't really spell *professionalism* if you ask me.

Yet for some reason, Scam Detector has netglobalit.com down as 100% safe and secure.

Don't fall for it.
My gut told me something was wrong the moment I received a phone call from a Nigerian urging for money.
My gut is rarely wrong.

Hello Nasir! Can you please explain me more about it because I have fallen as a victim with them with the large amount of sum so don't know what to do! Thank you
hello

I scammed by balifa.com , , I contact with lawyer to track my money,
did you contact with any lawyer ?

Hello Nasir! Can you please explain me more about it because I have fallen as a victim with them with the large amount of sum so don't know what to do! Thank you
What country are you from so we can advise where to report. You can start by filing an IC3 with the FBI and yes the accept reports from outside of the US.

If you are having a serious problem with a company, you should open your own thread in Scam Alerts and give details.

Why your own thread?

1. If the person who started this thread has their issue resolved, this whole thread will be marked as resolved.

2. Your thread can have a link from your review. This makes your issue more visible.

3. Issues can be different. Having your own thread makes it easier to get advice specific to resolving your issue.

Back