New comers questions?

Bella1967

Private
Anyone who would like to share their knowledge?

I have formulated a few questions after researching the web.

1. Do you know which Broker has the largest trade volume or liquidity available to them?

2. Which trading strategy do you favour most?

3. Which CFDs do you trade or favour and why?

4. Which commodities to you trade the most and like in this current market?

5. How do we know that a broker doesnt fix any trades or use mechanisms to fix trades as I am not quite certain if the term "regulated" in FX markets is a severe exageration.

Thank you for your assistance in answering my questions.

Bella

Question #1 belongs in Company Comparisons and Competitions in the Commerce Zone section of the forums. Asking it here is an invitation for broker employees and affiliates to start posting as happy clients.

2. I prefer long term trading, preferably carry trading.

3. I trade retail forex, not CFDs.

4. I don't trade commodities. I do invest in physical gold and silver.

5. There is software available to monitor slippage and spread. If your broker seems untrustworthy, you should either change brokers or use this to check them out. As for regulation, check the regulator and see if they've ever leveled a significant fine against any company that they regulate or ordered funds to be sent to a client. If the answer is "no", then they are not a regulator and are only a registration entity.

It is important to study and develop your own strategy before you start real trading.
Your most important question is definitely number 5! Make sure you deposit your money with a broker that is 99% trustworthy and regulated by a serious regulator.

It's importante to understand that you're questions don't have straight answers. I know that this is the last BS you expected to hear, but it true for all of us. A strategy isn't for all, there are lots of ways to tackle the market, you really need to find out for yourself where's your space. I'm doing the same thing. If you don't the passion and drive to do this, find something else...

The big banks trade the largest volume. You can learn more here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_exchange_market

CFDs are different from Forex, so you should choose which of these instruments you really prefer trading.

It is quite difficult to detect with a great degree of certainty which brokers do what. You have to observe them with live accounts to really make sensible conclusions. We live in weird times when even big banks fail so as much as possible trade only with reputable brokers and trade only a small amount until you attain a good amount of experience.

Agreeing with the above points, it's important you develop your own focus when it comes to trading i feel. For example there's going to be certain brokers people can recommend, but at the end of the day you'll need to find a broker that fits your situation in terms of locations, spreads, costs etc etc. Same goes for strategy you'll want to maybe try a few based on recommendation but then you'll soon realize something you like or don't like about one or another, and from there you can find something you like. Trading is a personal experience :)

Anyone who would like to share their knowledge?

I have formulated a few questions after researching the web.

1. Do you know which Broker has the largest trade volume or liquidity available to them?

2. Which trading strategy do you favour most?

3. Which CFDs do you trade or favour and why?

4. Which commodities to you trade the most and like in this current market?

5. How do we know that a broker doesnt fix any trades or use mechanisms to fix trades as I am not quite certain if the term "regulated" in FX markets is a severe exageration.

Thank you for your assistance in answering my questions.

Bella

1. no idea. but brokers are usually connected to interbank market once an hour and then manage their own in-house liquidity
2. i am 100% contrarian, i like to hunt for price spikes
3. i dont really trade CFDs due to the wide usual spread
4. same as 3
5. well you have to try them to know that.. i am currently looking for a new broker and i will be opening accounts with the minimum deposit possible. if i like how the live trading goes (small spreads, no requotes) then i will consider depositing more

Question #1 belongs in Company Comparisons and Competitions in the Commerce Zone section of the forums. Asking it here is an invitation for broker employees and affiliates to start posting as happy clients.

2. I prefer long term trading, preferably carry trading.

3. I trade retail forex, not CFDs.

4. I don't trade commodities. I do invest in physical gold and silver.

5. There is software available to monitor slippage and spread. If your broker seems untrustworthy, you should either change brokers or use this to check them out. As for regulation, check the regulator and see if they've ever leveled a significant fine against any company that they regulate or ordered funds to be sent to a client. If the answer is "no", then they are not a regulator and are only a registration entity.

I also have to give similar answers

2. I usually trade on the side of momentum. I use exponential moving averages to determine my entry and exit when a trend is obviously in place.

3. I do not trade CFDs. I only trade currency pairs.

4. I hold the opinion that precious metals Gold and Silver are undervalued despite their current price. I believe in the long term their price will be significantly higher. Currently I hold positions in Silver.

5. Just look for brokers that is a Straight Through Processor (STP). They do not trade against you. They simply pass your trades on to the liquidity providers - which are the banks.

Back