New Recruit reporting for duty SIR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contest can be fun. The problem is that you've got zero chance of winning unless you use crazy trading methods. Using contests to learn forex trading is sort of like using a demolition derby video game to learn how to drive. Yes, you'll learn a little about how to operate the controls, but nothing at all about how to drive in a way that won't result in massive damage.

Some demos do have slippage and requotes, but those will never be quite as bad as in the real marketplace.

Glad to hear you're getting your ID docs verified first. Even the best broker might run into an issue with docs, so it's best to get those out of the way first.

Once again , yes , some contests are free of lot limitations and maximum orders .
But seeing those two poles of trading could prove helpful.No one said its easy
If you recall on the "million Dollar Traders" documentary -which i suggest to Michael as well- Anton Kreils
phrase comes in mind :
-"For all those who think what we do is about supermodels and expensive cars , they should come here and try doing it for a month."

Um, right now, "fun" is pretty far from my mind. I need to learn as fast as I can and start trading ASAP. I figure I'm still clueless about a lot of things that many traders take for granted. I figure that at the moment I can make a profitable trade maybe 50-60% of the time, but due to the microscopic budget I have to work with "profit" is maybe 20 cents per trade LOL!

Well the slippage on my version seems to run very high. Once I traded EUR/USD at a modest profit and it turned into a massive loss when the chart spiked upward just after I hit the "Close" button. Geez, I hope this doesn't happen too often man.

Already having slight issues with my ID. As I said, I wanna clear ALL this up before funding my account. No excuses.

Have a good one man.
Mike.

That could have been a news release Mike.
Have you familiarized yourself with the fundamental side of forex?
There are news release calendars and also , daily fx's real time news.

That could have been a news release Mike.
Have you familiarized yourself with the fundamental side of forex?
There are news release calendars and also , daily fx's real time news.

Roger that man. It was some news release or other.

Fundamentals? Yep. Stuff like how current/future events, announcements and even rumours in economics, politics, wars etc effect forex and other markets.

Yes, I usually keep an eye on ForexFactory's Calender as well as have a Twitter a/c following Reuters, BBC, CNN, WSJ and other news agencies in case something sudden happens.

Here's a simple outline of my n00b strategy: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...os-audience-please-rate-my-n00b-strategy.html

Could you please rate it and tell me if it's OK? Thanks a lot in advance man. I'll need to buy all you guys steak dinners sometime :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back