Hello New trader

MarcusAndrew

Recruit
Hi all, my name is Marcus Andrew, I previously dabbled a bit with crypto however, I'm now looking for new trading opportunities. I have been hearing about Forex for a while, and have been interested in starting to trade. I know a few terms and have watched a few videos here and there, I have also heard about the existence of demo accounts. However, I still feel completely lost. If anyone could give me some guidance/advice on what I should start with, or where is should go to. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot, your fellow trader :)

Hi all, my name is Marcus Andrew, I previously dabbled a bit with crypto however, I'm now looking for new trading opportunities. I have been hearing about Forex for a while, and have been interested in starting to trade. I know a few terms and have watched a few videos here and there, I have also heard about the existence of demo accounts. However, I still feel completely lost. If anyone could give me some guidance/advice on what I should start with, or where is should go to. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot, your fellow trader :)
Welcome to FPA Marcus,

Here are some important things for you to check out in the first place :)

You can start from Forex Military School and start your Forex Journey (improve Forex knowledge)

There are a few articles written by Pharaoh on some subjects you might find useful (broker selection, avoiding scams, etc.). You'll find most of them here:

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/r/author/8/pharaoh-financial-blog

Use the below link to contact fpa if you have any questions.
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/pages/FPA-FAQ-and-Knowledge-Base-TOC/

And, if you got any questions then feel free to write here. We are more than happy to assist our members.
Have a great day :)

Hi Marcus, get stuck into the Military School and use the demo to go to look at the charts and practice what you learn. Make use of Trading View also to see some of the elements you will learn. As you progress think about the sort of trader you want to be, the time you will have to trade, the aspects of your personality that different trading styles will suit etc. This will all help you start to develop a strategy for yourself.

Hi Marcus! YouTube, this site, and other free learning sites can be very helpful for beginners. Babypips is another good one that helped me out a ton. Demo accounts are also super useful once you're ready to practice. Good luck!

Thank you guys, will definitely have a go at the military school, and will try Babypips if you highly recommend it. will definitely get in touch again if I need help. Much appreciated :)

Hey Marcus! Might be the best to check out learning first before you start trading. Check out this military school to learn quite bit, along with Babypips course.
Best of luck.

Hi Marcus, not sure I have anything extra to add but I would definitely take a look at the Military school & babypips. I worked on a demo account for quite some time when I started out. It allows you to test out strategies and improve your understanding without the risks.

The good thing is.... technical analysis can be applied to any financial chart. Whether it be forex, crypto or stocks, etc.

Forex is better for daily trading than cryptos. Cryptos can get very volatile, which makes things complicated for the day traders. However, if you trade on bigger time frames, it is fine. With Forex trading, devote yourself to learn the ropes. It takes time, but you will surely be there by being petient to learn the market. I am wishing you all the very best.

Back